Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Let's revisit this now. Cooper was first team all Big. Cooper was the scoring champion. If (that's a big IF) Michigan wins the National Championship this year I think that he's gone. If Michigan does not when the National Championship this year (probable that they don't) I still think that it's 60-40 he's gone.

streaker did make some good points though.
    I would not expect Marody nor Cecconi to return after their strong junior seasons. Just the way the NHL is.

Comment

So which one, if either, helps Michigan in the Pairwise? A Notre Dame win or an OSU victory?
      The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

Originally posted by umichjim View Post
        So which one, if either, helps Michigan in the Pairwise? A Notre Dame win or an OSU victory?
        Not sure that it would matter much either way, although I could be wrong, but we were 2-2 against rudy whereas suckeye won all 5 games (that hurts to even type). If it makes a difference I suppose cheering for the bowl of me'Lucky Charms would be what we'd want. Once again I'm unsure but it is most likely that we are locked into a low 2-seed.
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
          I would not expect Marody nor Cecconi to return after their strong junior seasons. Just the way the NHL is.
          Cecconi I did not consider, hmm. That is something to ponder, you may be right on that one. But Cooper yea he gone (IMUO). Now I've heard that the Red Wings really like Hughes and do not want him going to Michigan next year. They believe that he'll develop far more in the AHL. Of course all of that is based on them actually selecting Hughes in the draft. Thoughts?
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

It seems rooting for either one regardless how it will help Michigan will leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              Not sure that it would matter much either way, although I could be wrong, but we were 2-2 against rudy whereas suckeye won all 5 games (that hurts to even type). If it makes a difference I suppose cheering for the bowl of me'Lucky Charms would be what we'd want. Once again I'm unsure but it is most likely that we are locked into a low 2-seed.
              we will either be a 9th or 10th overall .. 3rd seed band

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                Really? I thought he hated OUR guts! That's what it seemed like over the years. Buckeye fans should count themselves lucky that Wilkins & Sheegos are no longer on the ice, we felt they always threw the games against us.
                Wilkins was awful and pairing with Aaron was unbearable. McInchak become one of the better officials in the CCHA/B1G. Matt Shegos and Duke Shegos were similar- fair but let both teams play. Tony Molina was one of the best AR's in college hockey. I was good with most of the CCHA officials drifting off to obscurity, though.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  Wilkins was awful and pairing with Aaron was unbearable. McInchak become one of the better officials in the CCHA/B1G. Matt Shegos and Duke Shegos were similar- fair but let both teams play. Tony Molina was one of the best AR's in college hockey. I was good with most of the CCHA officials drifting off to obscurity, though.
                  I saw Piowtrowski throw MANY games in Michigan's favor over the years and in games other than Ohio State's. Something about being one of Red's best golfing buddies and some other things made me seriously question his ability to be unbiased.

Comment

Does anyone know what time tomorrow the NC$$ bracket will be announced?
                    All I can find is tomorrow but no time with that.
                    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                    Row 1
                    Seats 6 & 7
                    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Noon on ESPN

Comment

Noon on ESPN
                        Thank you

That said I just got an email from the NC$$ saying ESPN-U
                        Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7
                        Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Yeah, I just saw that email, too. Sorry for the misinformation. Was just about to post the correction.

Comment

Obviously I didn’t pay attention to the scores this weekend, as I never expected to move up to a 2 seed. At the same time NoDak and Minny didn’t make it.

Very surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              Obviously I didn’t pay attention to the scores this weekend, as I never expected to move up to a 2 seed. At the same time NoDak and Minny didn’t make it.

Very surprising.
                              Exactly- all of the upsets. No BC, either. Not surprised Richlin took Denver to repeat. Our draw is tough, NE is a really good team, but who isnt at this point. I suspect there will be some upsets.

Comment

• Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Exactly- all of the upsets. No BC, either. Not surprised Richlin took Denver to repeat. Our draw is tough, NE is a really good team, but who isnt at this point. I suspect there will be some upsets.
                                Please do not abbreviate us as NE. That is a direction. NU is a significant University in Boston.
                                Good luck Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X