Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 171

Thread: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Being an engineer, Sam should do an analysis to find the real source of the mono bug that seems to never go away from the hockey team.
    Of course I haven't been in school for quite some time so I have no idea where the hockey house is located but back in my day it was near the Women's Gymnastics house so...

    I guess I'm thinking find out what other teams have Mono going around and I'm willin to bet that Sam "interacted" with one, unless of course he went rogue for a night...
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    189

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Mel said on his radio show last night that the team has voted on captains and the coaching staff is evaluating everyone to see if they agree with the team. He said captains will be announced before the Vermont games. Al Randall suggested Mel make the announcement on the radio show next Tuesday so be sure to tune in!

  3. #83
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,670

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by umichjim View Post
    Mel said on his radio show last night that the team has voted on captains and the coaching staff is evaluating everyone to see if they agree with the team. He said captains will be announced before the Vermont games. Al Randall suggested Mel make the announcement on the radio show next Tuesday so be sure to tune in!
    Who was the captain for the first couple games if they didn't have one set yet?
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  4. #84
    not particularly bad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Yost ice arena
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Who was the captain for the first couple games if they didn't have one set yet?
    Tony Calderone, Senior forward, took the in game duties, but no letter on his jersey.

  5. #85
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,670

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    Tony Calderone, Senior forward, took the in game duties, but no letter on his jersey.
    Interesting. Never heard of a team doing that...always have them figured out in the spring.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    Interesting. Never heard of a team doing that...always have them figured out in the spring.
    Mel is a new old coach here, if that makes sense (you know the back-story so it makes sense). He didn't know the team yet. My unqualified opinion is that letters will arrive right before the first league game, if they ever do.
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  7. #87
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,670

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Mel is a new old coach here, if that makes sense (you know the back-story so it makes sense). He didn't know the team yet. My unqualified opinion is that letters will arrive right before the first league game, if they ever do.
    That was exactly my guess.
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    That was exactly my guess.
    Oh no, we agree on something...
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Does anyone know anything about Vermont?
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Vermont?
    Well a brief search it looks as if they are relatively young. They also look streaky, they can shut you out one night and then lose the next. Their goalie looks worldly at times and average at others (I'm thinking Montoya in 2004). I'm going to predict a split but still hope for a sweep.
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    116

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    You guys are on the right track. We have good enough defense, goaltending and overall competitiveness to beat any team in college hockey. What we never seem to have on a consistent basis is enough offense to be able to compete with the best on an ongoing basis, night in and night out.

    That being said, I think that while we are young our overall talent level is up this year and we have a chance to be a better team than we have been in recent years, which is a middle of the road Hockey East team. Being middle of the road in HE is nothing to laugh at, but it isn't top tier.

    Ross Colton will be recognized as one of the top players in college hockey by year end, so he's they guy you need to be worried about.

  12. #92
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,985

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount93 View Post
    You guys are on the right track. We have good enough defense, goaltending and overall competitiveness to beat any team in college hockey. What we never seem to have on a consistent basis is enough offense to be able to compete with the best on an ongoing basis, night in and night out.

    That being said, I think that while we are young our overall talent level is up this year and we have a chance to be a better team than we have been in recent years, which is a middle of the road Hockey East team. Being middle of the road in HE is nothing to laugh at, but it isn't top tier.

    Ross Colton will be recognized as one of the top players in college hockey by year end, so he's they guy you need to be worried about.
    Being that our team has generally been that way for a few seasons, this could be an interesting weekend. Possible blow outs each night for each team, or 1-0 games where one is a real barn burner and the other is total ineptitude.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    189

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Five players with letters on the sweaters! Captain Tony Calderone and four Alternates - Sam Piazza, Joe Ceccconi, Griffin Luce and Jake Slaker.
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI USA
    Posts
    189

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Big news day for University of Michigan Hockey! A well deserved honor!

    http://www.mgoblue.com/news/2017/10/...-berenson.aspx
    The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

  15. #95
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,985

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by umichjim View Post
    Big news day for University of Michigan Hockey! A well deserved honor!

    http://www.mgoblue.com/news/2017/10/...-berenson.aspx
    Congratulations, Red! So very cool.

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Less than 10 minutes from Yost...
    Posts
    1,632

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by umichjim View Post
    Big news day for University of Michigan Hockey! A well deserved honor!

    http://www.mgoblue.com/news/2017/10/...-berenson.aspx
    Yes, I was just going to relay that info. but you beat me to it. Congratulations Coach Berenson.
    This is a new old beginning for Michigan hockey.

  17. #97
    El Rey
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    near the ice
    Posts
    415

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by UMICH View Post
    Does anyone know anything about Vermont?
    Martin St. Louis, Eric Perrin and Tim Thomas
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

    If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

    You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

  18. #98
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,985

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    When was the last time we outshot an opponent ~4-1? Wow.

    Very impressive.

    Watching them move the puck around like that was really fun. And add in the obvious potential from the freshmen...

  19. #99
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,985

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    And a very gutsy come from behind win to sweep the weekend.

    That Slaker, Norris, Lockwood line is sure exciting to have on the ice. Man....

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    A Squared
    Posts
    148

    Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    And a very gutsy come from behind win to sweep the weekend.

    That Slaker, Norris, Lockwood line is sure exciting to have on the ice. Man....
    Throw in Hughes on the blue line, and that group has a lot of skating ability
    Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •