Clear All

Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

**** Michigan. That is all

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      LOL, same to you little sparty.

Funny side story- we had dinner last night with a former player, who had one of his best friends play for state. And they are still best friends. So the players don't have the same hate that we have for each other.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Funny side story- we had dinner last night with a former player, who had one of his best friends play for state. And they are still best friends. So the players don't have the same hate that we have for each other.
        Oh yes indeedy. Those bonds that go back to Mites, PeeWees & beyond naturally lead to quite a few such lasting friendships.

Just trying on my pre-season game face

Comment

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Yes friendships can survive the rivalry but yes, the two hate each other.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Can't read!!!

Can't write!!!

That isn't all....

Smoke green!!!

Snort white!!!

Go tip a cow, burn a couch, and lose a football game.
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              I wouldn't be so sure about that. Yes friendships can survive the rivalry but yes, the two hate each other.
              No, they don't hate. Just compete with more intensity.

The hugs after the game are very real.

Comment

No, they don't hate. Just compete with more intensity.

The hugs after the game are very real.
                Hate may have been a little too strong of a word and my knowledge of the situation does date back a few years (2004/2005) but I received the certain feeling and words from several players that the wouldn't pour water on a sparty (friends excepted) if they were on fire. And then there was this a couple years later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8EEGN8qsQ

And these several years prior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKri58R745c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZOABV6S-M0

Comment

Deker's people. Will there be a viewing party for when Michigan opens the season in NY (St. Lawrence and Clarkson)?

Comment

Spoke to a friend today about Michigan Hockey. He informed me that he has heard from multiple people close to the team that the Freshmen are looking outstanding in practice. Now I can't say that this guy is reliable, but I also can't say if he is full of isht. Basically take it for what it's worth, we'll be young but highly competitive this year. I hate looking to the future for results but as Timbuk 3 said, "The future's so bright I gotta wear shades."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

OK that was lame but you get the point.

Comment

I've heard similar from players we know. They are pretty excited for the season.

Hope it translates into success they want!

Comment

Exhibition game on Saturday against Western Ontario. Since Football isn't playing that day, you have no excuse not to be there.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                          Exhibition game on Saturday against Western Ontario. Since Football isn't playing that day, you have no excuse not to be there.
                          If you are in town.

Comment

February 25, 1984.

Gas was $1.10 a gallon, a movie ticket was $2.50, the Olympics later that year were boycotted by Warsaw Pact countries, Jim Harbaugh was just a redshirt Freshman QB at Michigan.

That was the last time someone other than Red Berenson was behind the Michigan bench. Tomorrow will be the first time since then it's happened.
                            ---
                            National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                            Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                            19 Conference Championships
                            10 Conference Tournament Championships
                            2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

So any rumors about Captains?
                              The certainties of life...Death, Taxes and bad B1G Referees.

Comment

So who ended up being captain?

Comment

Working...
                                X