University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Michigan can finish as high as 2nd but no lower than 4th. Most likely will have Penn State or Wisconsin in first round at Yost.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Michigan can finish as high as 2nd but no lower than 4th. Most likely will have Penn State or Wisconsin in first round at Yost.
      It was a good night, I actually had to root for MSU for once. I am also bummed, i will be out of town for the home playoff games. I miss the CCHA days when that first weekend home playoff series was always interesting. The games this year should be good ones, as both teams are going to be fighting for their seasons.

All in all, a really good win tonight, a sweep on Sunday can be a big time win
      Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        You're not the only one, there's one sport at UM I come up for and wear Maize & Blue. Feels like cross dressing!
        Can a cross-dresser cross-dress?
        Originally posted by alfablue
        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
          Can a cross-dresser cross-dress?
          You know you're just not quite right in the head, but I guess that's what makes you a Michigan fan. LOL!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-17-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjaskolski View Post
            It was a good night, I actually had to root for MSU for once. I am also bummed, i will be out of town for the home playoff games. I miss the CCHA days when that first weekend home playoff series was always interesting. The games this year should be good ones, as both teams are going to be fighting for their seasons.

All in all, a really good win tonight, a sweep on Sunday can be a big time win
            I am resigned to Michigan finishing 4th and hopefully playing Penn State. They seem to match up better with them than Wisconsin. Either way, a win vs Notre Dame is uplifting and a 2nd on Sunday will be another boost to their NCAA resume'. As long as they don't fall on their face vs. ASU and at home in the 1st round of the B1G Ten playoffs, I feel good about their chances to make the NCAA field.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              I am resigned to Michigan finishing 4th and hopefully playing Penn State. They seem to match up better with them than Wisconsin. Either way, a win vs Notre Dame is uplifting and a 2nd on Sunday will be another boost to their NCAA resume'. As long as they don't fall on their face vs. ASU and at home in the 1st round of the B1G Ten playoffs, I feel good about their chances to make the NCAA field.
              I would hope the powers that be there don't schedule any more late season non-conference games. It certainly doesn't do you guys any favors for gaining valuable points.
              Most teams can peak and play better as the regular season winds down as demonstrated by some of your recent wins and to have conference games at that point in time affords better opportunity for wins.

Comment

I am happy to be eating my words about hosting the 1st weekend. Go Blue! Solid win over Notre Dame. I'm surprised by the high stick call in the 3rd that waved off the Notre Dame goal. It was close.
                Our penalty kill is still a big weakness, but if we can score 4 goals a game, maybe it's ok?

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                I would hope the powers that be there don't schedule any more late season non-conference games. It certainly doesn't do you guys any favors for gaining valuable points.
                Most teams can peak and play better as the regular season winds down as demonstrated by some of your recent wins and to have conference games at that point in time affords better opportunity for wins.
                With a 7 team conference someone is stuck with either a bye or non-conference the last week. Sucks that this season it's Michigan
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G
                7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                  I am happy to be eating my words about hosting the 1st weekend. Go Blue! Solid win over Notre Dame. I'm surprised by the high stick call in the 3rd that waved off the Notre Dame goal. It was close.
                  Our penalty kill is still a big weakness, but if we can score 4 goals a game, maybe it's ok?

With a 7 team conference someone is stuck with either a bye or non-conference the last week. Sucks that this season it's Michigan
                  Lets just hope for everyone's sake we can get an 8th team soon and make the scheduling scenario much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Lets just hope for everyone's sake we can get an 8th team soon and make the scheduling scenario much better.
                    As a relative university, ASU would fit like Notre Dame. They would politically dominate all the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      As a relative university, ASU would fit like Notre Dame. They would politically dominate all the rest.
                      B1G certainly tried to lure away ASU from the PAC. They really want badly to extend their sphere of influence coast to coast. Just hope they don't take in a another school like Rutgers to achieve it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        B1G certainly tried to lure away ASU from the PAC. They really want badly to extend their sphere of influence coast to coast. Just hope they don't take in a another school like Rutgers to achieve it.
                        It would only be until the Pac12 got enough for a hockey league. And by then there would be another B1G hockey school.

Comment

Rooting for you guys today. If you can sweep ND maybe you can earn some Pairwise love.

Comment

Totally random but do you guys ever wear the maize script Michigan jersey?

Comment

GREAT win & game. Loved watching it! Congrats on the sweep and it will be interesting to see where you finish in the Pairwise.

Comment

Wow, great sweep. Almost wish I was there.

Comment

Working...
                                X