X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Michigan, 2017-2018, a new era starts

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Pardon the interruption...

The BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, WI is liquidating some of the various artifacts they have acquired through the years. One of the items is a Michigan jersey signed by the team.

I would guess this is from 1997 when Michigan appeared in the Frozen Four at the BC. A quick look at the pictures shows a "Marty Turco 35" right under the collar, so that would back up that timeline.

Take a look and see if this is something you might want to add to your collection.

LINK
    Thanks for sharing, I'm strongly considering bidding on it. It will go well with my cast from when I broke my leg that Marty Turco signed.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Thanks for sharing, I'm strongly considering bidding on it. It will go well with my cast from when I broke my leg that Marty Turco signed.
      I want it, but I don't want to go to Milwaukee to pick it up. From what I gathered from the auction website, they won't package or ship items. You have to go pick it up during one of the set times.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        I want it, but I don't want to go to Milwaukee to pick it up. From what I gathered from the auction website, they won't package or ship items. You have to go pick it up during one of the set times.
        I've got friends in Milwaukee, but I'm still not going to Milwaukee to pick it up. Thanks for pointing that out.
        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The NC schedule looks like it will be a joke again but I guess counting the league play the schedule isn't that bad.

https://247sports.com/college/michig...iganWolverines
          Last edited by UMICH; 06-17-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

That schedule makes me a sad panda. No new arenas for me to see Michigan play in. I'd love to take husband up to Lake State, but we've got home football vs. PSU that same weekend (tough choice for me). Then, my friends and I love taking the trip to Penn State, but the weekend before Thanksgiving might be difficult to take off and turn around and take more time off the next week to see my family.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

@MiHockeyNow: Today, the @PentictonVees of the BCHL announced that they have signed @umichhockey goaltender Jack LaFontaine, but that he also intends on returning to Ann Arbor.

📝 | http://mihockey.com/2018/06/bchl-tea...n-to-michigan/ https://***********/MiHockeyNow/stat...837184/photo/1
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                @MiHockeyNow: Today, the @PentictonVees of the BCHL announced that they have signed @umichhockey goaltender Jack LaFontaine, but that he also intends on returning to Ann Arbor.

📝 | http://mihockey.com/2018/06/bchl-tea...n-to-michigan/ https://***********/MiHockeyNow/stat...837184/photo/1
                How is that possible? I mean he signed, isn't he ineligible now in the NCAAs eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  How is that possible? I mean he signed, isn't he ineligible now in the NCAAs eyes?
                  Considering the BCHL is just a junior league?
                  Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                    It's not major junior. He can take a year off and still meet the 5 year window.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

He was going, regardless (too many goalies). Sad, but something we've heard from a few people. And I don't expect it to be the last one, nor will we avoid losing some of the incoming players- Bodie Wilde is not likely to come.

Anyway, good that LaFontaine has a place to play.

Comment

So Hughes was drafted 7th by Vancouver. Now we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          So Hughes was drafted 7th by Vancouver. Now we will see.
                          I was erroneously told that the Red Wings were in love with Hughes and going to draft him if he was still on the board by their turn. Guess not, I'll remind the acquaintance I met at Yost last year who told me that.

Comment

I was erroneously told that the Red Wings were in love with Hughes and going to draft him if he was still on the board by their turn. Guess not, I'll remind the acquaintance I met at Yost last year who told me that.
                            Hey sorry to steer you wrong . Thanks for the free tix though!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              Hey sorry to steer you wrong . Thanks for the free tix though!
                              Did I give you free tickets to something?

Comment

No more shootout!!!!!!!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-...sed-ice-hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X