Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN Body Issue

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    you must indeed be on a spaceship somewhere, or perhaps never leave your mothers basement, I see this nearly every day

the danger here is that should they not win gold, they will forever be known as the bimbo's that had three chances and never got it done
    maybe they need that kind of a potential negative hanging around their head, so they do get it done
    There have been dozens of Olympians and whole Olympic teams (beach volleyball, volleyball, water polo) that have posed in the Body Issue over the years.

Also paralympians, tennis, NHL, NBA, WNBA, NFL, MMA, MLB, PGA, LPGA, jockeys, roller derby, motocross, NASCAR, sumo wrestling, surfing, bowlers, etc. Name a sport or sports league and it has probably been featured.

Good or bad, ESPN wants people like Pokey talking about its Body Issue. Mission accomplished.

Comment

Isn't it also true that it's just as much mission accomplished for PC when he gets a selective statistic poster to respond to his posts?
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Isn't it also true that it's just as much mission accomplished for PC when he gets a selective statistic poster to respond to his posts?
        I was thinking of a clever response, then I thought - Pokey has a friend??!!

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
          I was thinking...
          There's where things started to go wrong.
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Good or bad, ESPN wants people like Pokey talking about its Body Issue. Mission accomplished.
            I feel like such a sucker, who knew my click would solve ESPN's 100 million dollar budget deficit and my posts would get 100 people their job back.
            And who knew stating a preference to watching them play hockey to posing like wooden soldiers would elicit such a response.

It seem right the feminists would endorse a loser (ESPN) and castigate a winner (SI)
            Remember Clinton (a person of authority if there ever is one) who by their own definition raped an intern yet ....

the ends justify the means
            Last edited by pokechecker; 07-10-2017, 07:53 PM. Reason: say it isn't so ladies!

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              Really bimbos if they lose?
              name the members of the 2002 team
              how many from 2006?

now name the 1980 US men's team

see? and that was 37 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by pokechecker
                the ends justify the means

Was thinking the same thing...new world PR...blasting your way into peoples' consciousness by doing or saying something shocking and/or controversial..."Say something good about me...Say something bad about me...I don't care, just say something about me".

Comment

name the members of the 2002 team how many from 2006? now name the 1980 US men's team
                  see? and that was 37 years ago
                  Sorry but does not prove your point. Still not bimbos.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    Was thinking the same thing...new world PR...blasting your way into peoples' consciousness by doing or saying something shocking and/or controversial..."Say something good about me...Say something bad about me...I don't care, just say something about me".
                    you are just mad the loonie, which was worth over $1.20 ten years ago is worth less than 80 cents today

maybe you should start an internet psychology service

don't give up your day job

Comment

you are just mad the loonie, which was worth over $1.20 ten years ago is worth less than 80 cents today
                      Your first number is wrong but that's all academic. What does this comment have to do with my post?

maybe you should start an internet psychology service...don't give up your day job
                      What, you've never been aware of this type of marketing strategy? This is news to you?

It might very well have been part of their reasoning to do the shoot or possibly their entire motive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        Your first number is wrong but that's all academic. What does this comment have to do with my post?

What, you've never been aware of this type of marketing strategy? This is news to you?

It might very well have been part of their reasoning to do the shoot or possibly their entire motive.

Don't take pokechecker too seriously, he's the resident ****disturber among the group of 17, but we like him anyway.

Comment

The ancient Greeks & Romans always portrayed great athletes in the nude, it was a make or respect to the power they had built. Sadly, the modern world (at least since the Victorian era) have hypersexualized the human form to the point where these shots seem to only be considered as sexual in nature. Relax and appreciate the strength and form of all the greats.

Comment

you are just mad the loonie, which was worth over $1.20 ten years ago is worth less than 80 cents today.
                            Perhaps the loonie that was worth $1.20 is you. The Canadian loonie has never been that high, topped out at $1.10 during the height of the oil boom.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                              Perhaps the loonie that was worth $1.20 is you. The Canadian loonie has never been that high, topped out at $1.10 during the height of the oil boom.
                              sooooooooooo Canadian to argue about 10 cents
                              Last edited by pokechecker; 07-16-2017, 02:49 PM. Reason: "What's the difference between a canoe and a Canadian?" Answer: "The canoe tips!"

Comment

Working...
                              X