Harvard crimson 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard crimson 2017-18

After last season Katey Stone said that the team needed "more talent"! Anyone know first-hand what she's got here?

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice...20170705hjso4j

Re: Harvard crimson 2017-18

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    After last season Katey Stone said that the team needed "more talent"! Anyone know first-hand what she's got here?

I think Gilmore is the best incoming freshman in the NCAA this year. I have her pegged as the NCAA rookie of the year.

Comment

I know the New England Prep kids.
      BD is solid. Kinda small but is well trained and good. Hard worker. I think the Sophomore goalie is slightly better, and the class of 2022 goalie will be the best of the three.
      BG, when she plays hard, is excellent. I am not a huge fan of the way she plays, and how often she turns it on and off, but she can put the puck in the net when she comes to play.
      KM, I saw less of her, but she will be a solid addition to the team. Not the talent of BG, but seems to put forth an honest effort each and every time I have seen her at Kent and nationals.

Harvard supposedly is falling into one of the top players, if not the top of the 2022 class, who was going to Princeton before the coach departed.
      Last edited by BCAlum; 07-06-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
        I know the New England Prep kids.
        BD is solid. Kinda small but is well trained and good. Hard worker. I think the Sophomore goalie is slightly better, and the class of 2022 goalie will be the best of the three.
        BG, when she plays hard, is excellent. I am not a huge fan of the way she plays, and how often she turns it on and off, but she can put the puck in the net when she comes to play.
        KM, I saw less of her, but she will be a solid addition to the team. Not the talent of BG, but seems to put forth an honest effort each and every time I have seen her at Kent and nationals.

Harvard supposedly is falling into one of the top players, if not the top of the 2022 class, who was going to Princeton before the coach departed.
        Class of 2022? They already have a 2022 goalie? Are these kids who PG or are they seriously committing to rising 8th graders?

Comment

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
          Are you referring to Sarah Fillier?
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
            Class of 2022? They already have a 2022 goalie? Are these kids who PG or are they seriously committing to rising 8th graders?
            Think in terms of the graduating class of 2022...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Think in terms of the graduating class of 2022...
              Ahh ok. Just used to seeing girls listed with their high school graduation years at recruiting events. I know recruiting is getting earlier & earlier, but if Harvard is offering rising 8th graders then it's full on crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                Ahh ok. Just used to seeing girls listed with their high school graduation years at recruiting events. I know recruiting is getting earlier & earlier, but if Harvard is offering rising 8th graders then it's full on crazy!
                Committing a rising 9th grader isn't any better; that's too young for so many reasons
                Harvard has the only 2021 incoming freshman currently listed on the collegecommitment web site

Comment

I am really curious to see the math on the percentage of verbally committed players that actually attend the school they commit to. Let's face it, Harvard is not easy to get in to so to commit at age 14 and then have to live up to the expectation is difficult.

Originally posted by PenaltyKill View Post
                  Committing a rising 9th grader isn't any better; that's too young for so many reasons
                  Harvard has the only 2021 incoming freshman currently listed on the collegecommitment web site

Comment

Harvard with three BC games on the schedule (two regular season, one Beanpot final).

Also new: UNH and, in lieu of UMD, Holy Cross!

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice...20170718lk5hh2

(Yes, I'm bothered by the lower case "c" but the webmeister wouldn't help me.)
                    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 07-25-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Harvard with three BC games on the schedule (two regular season, one Beanpot final).

Also new: UNH and, in lieu of UMD, Holy Cross!

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wice...20170718lk5hh2

(Yes, I'm bothered by the lower case "c" but the webmeister wouldn't help me.)
                      Harvard and UNH have played at least one a year for as long as I can remember, and I'm old enough to have history, and young enough to still remember
                      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                        Harvard and UNH have played at least one a year for as long as I can remember, and I'm old enough to have history, and young enough to still remember
                        Yes, I stand (sit, actually) corrected. I know that they are regular foes, but I guess I forgot last year's game as just one more loss.

Comment

Working...
                        X