Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Darius, pardon for the dumb q, but do fans pay already for A lot parking game days? Is this new parking area that is 'set aside' for STH's going to be free but the rest pay? I don't park in A lot ever so was curious if it was metered parking...
    For hockey games, "A" lot is (still thus far) free parking for all. For football games, fans arriving to "A" lot are charged to park their for the privilege to tailgate, even if they don't intend to tailgate.
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Don't know, don't care, doubt it. I've not parked in A lot in over 20 years.
      Don't blame ya! I don't intend on parking there either. I'm sure my complaint email will take top priority...ha!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        For hockey games, "A" lot is (still thus far) free parking for all. For football games, fans arriving to "A" lot are charged to park their for the privilege to tailgate, even if they don't intend to tailgate.
        That's what I suspected. Glad they are doing us STH's such a favor making it easy access in and out to games. ok ok I'll quit whining. For now.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

My next favorite parking spot after Swillings is the Greenhouse lot beyond A Lot, as it is easy for me to exit for driving west and south (the guy from west of Rte 125).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            My next favorite parking spot after Swillings is the Greenhouse lot beyond A Lot, as it is easy for me to exit for driving west and south (the guy from west of Rte 125).
            Quite the hike to the 'Whitt isn't it from there? Do you bring cross country skis?
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Glad they are doing us STH's such a favor making it easy access in and out to games.:
              Credit where credit is due, they have cut game night congestion from over 5000 down to 1500, and maybe less going forward.
              The Souza record:
              15-16 10th place
              16-17 10th place
              17-18 11th place
              18-19 8th place
              19-20 9th place
              20-21 10th place
              21-22 9th place
              22-23 10th place

Comment

Quite the hike to the 'Whitt isn't it from there? Do you bring cross country skis?
                The walk is no problem, unless into a 80+ mph wind with blowing sleet or snow. But, as others have mentioned, the stone steps up to the railroad bridge can be dangerous when icy and congested. I probably needlessly worry about the kids who scamper up the steep slope adjacent to the steps falling and cracking open their heads on the pavement below, or their darting into traffic on Rte 4 to get ahead of others. Surprised that BS35+5 has not been named in any lawsuits for pedestrian accidents yet.

Comment

Back to the over/under on the 10 OOC games; I will take the over on 5 wins. I know, really going out on a limb here. For the over/under on total wins, I will take the under on 14, and that includes the MBPBEGAM round. Nothing wrong with 599 wins, which is a fine career.
                  No, nothing at all wrong with 599 ... other than *maybe* your boss sacrificed the last three seasons of the program (and untold future seasons) to give you a big wet smooch on the way out the door to get you to the NRN - since that was always going to be the closest he'd be able to get you to something worth celebrating, with league and national honors dim and non-existent, respectively - but yet, somehow Coach follows form and comes up the proverbial one game short? No, nothing at all wrong with 599 ... actually, it's almost poetic justice.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I originally posted this in the Recruits thread after seeing that we lost Commesso, but probably more appropriate to post in this thread.

If BS35 ever plays any pickup hockey at the SitSomeMore Center, he will have no need to wear a cup. If he had any stones that needed protection, he would have dealt with the dick situation 4-5 years ago. This is not revisionist arm chair quarterback chat, but just someone who enjoys being a good business man. The steady decline of the program has been nauseating and pretty clear for most to see, that is most outside of the Oyster River watershed. When your long-term, good customers (yours truly and 3,000+ others per game) see the value proposition turn upside down, and vote with their pocketbook, one may want to see the urologist, swallow a few of the blue pills to get some blood flowing again (there is that whole no stones and dick theme again) and get back in the saddle.

Several years ago as the energy and excitement started to be like Elvis and leave the building, I always remember the hum of the ceiling lights at the Sits Center. The noise was high pitched and annoying (sort of like a tight, turtleneck induced whistle) and I asked myself why I could hear that sound and not the murmur of the fans waiting for the next round of excitement. I know that "Larry Bird isnt walking thru that door", and neither is Cox, Mowers, McFlicker, and now Commesso. What BS35 should be asking is, why I havent heard that light hum lately. It may be because they replaced the lights, but I wouldn't know. I don't care enough to go to the games any more.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
                      I originally posted this in the Recruits thread after seeing that we lost Commesso, but probably more appropriate to post in this thread.

If BS35 ever plays any pickup hockey at the SitSomeMore Center, he will have no need to wear a cup. If he had any stones that needed protection, he would have dealt with the dick situation 4-5 years ago. This is not revisionist arm chair quarterback chat, but just someone who enjoys being a good business man. The steady decline of the program has been nauseating and pretty clear for most to see, that is most outside of the Oyster River watershed. When your long-term, good customers (yours truly and 3,000+ others per game) see the value proposition turn upside down, and vote with their pocketbook, one may want to see the urologist, swallow a few of the blue pills to get some blood flowing again (there is that whole no stones and dick theme again) and get back in the saddle.

Several years ago as the energy and excitement started to be like Elvis and leave the building, I always remember the hum of the ceiling lights at the Sits Center. The noise was high pitched and annoying (sort of like a tight, turtleneck induced whistle) and I asked myself why I could hear that sound and not the murmur of the fans waiting for the next round of excitement. I know that "Larry Bird isnt walking thru that door", and neither is Cox, Mowers, McFlicker, and now Commesso. What BS35 should be asking is, why I havent heard that light hum lately. It may be because they replaced the lights, but I wouldn't know. I don't care enough to go to the games any more.
                      Like you said, there are at least another 3,000 plus who are walking (away) in the same shoes as you are. A less discussed (since this is a college hockey board) but equally ****ing turn of events has been the Men's (and Women's) Hoops teams having left The Whitt about 20 or so years ago now. I think a lot of us forget The Whitt was also meant to house at least the high profile Men's Hoops games (and IIRC the program was in the midst of the brief Chapman/Drapeau/Alosa uptick at around the time The Whitt opened), but despite the more recent Herrion uptick, there is no sign or even a vague discussion I'm aware of to put some hoops games back across the street.

Then again, it took the better part of a decade of annual trips to the D-2 Football playoffs to get the House that BS35+4 Built constructed, and god bless Coach McDonnell for being able to extend that string out as long as necessary to get that finally built. I was convinced that once Santos graduated, that run would be done, and so would the window for a new stadium. Say what you will about the AD, but he's clearly not someone prone to quick action on anything. And it's sobering to think that had there even been a brief fall-off with Football in the last few years, they'd still be playing in that sub-high school facility well into the foreseeable future ...

But at least they're figuring out the parking, so we got that going for us ...

Comment

Laughing at the swear filter right now. D*A*M*N gets caught, I guess they upped the bar at USCHO.

Comment

I just read on Twitter your old mate Josh Ciocco has some serious health problems. There is a go fund me campaign which I am happy to donate to and hope all college hockey fans will.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            I just read on Twitter your old mate Josh Ciocco has some serious health problems. There is a go fund me campaign which I am happy to donate to and hope all college hockey fans will.
                            Here's the link, thanks for this info Drew...

https://www.gofundme.com/joshciocco
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Hey no shame in picking up even the best golfers return to the clubhouse! Maybe we should ask the moderators to lock up this thread as the title doesn't fit?

I'm turning my thoughts to the season won't be long now..about 5 weeks or so to the exhibition game. New lights new faces and another Kelleher to grace the ice. Sent an email of disapproval regarding the parking so that's all set too haha.

Now if I could just get home and off I-84 all would be good in the world.
                              When someone steps up to begin our 2017-2018 season thread, the new Maine season thread provides an idea. :-)

Best wishes to Josh Ciocco; good so see so many former players stepping up to help. He posted here a few years ago, when he was coaching in Alaska, I think.

Comment

When someone steps up to begin our 2017-2018 season thread, the new Maine season thread provides an idea. :-)

Best wishes to Josh Ciocco; good so see so many former players stepping up to help. He posted here a few years ago, when he was coaching in Alaska, I think.
                                so we are going to leave this one behind? Doesn't bother me none...should be interesting this new thread title...
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X