This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
    Definitely low scoring tonight, how's the cupcake taste?
    Haha, really? Congrats on taking one of three from UNH and the awesome start...
    Last edited by Dan; 11-10-2017, 08:45 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Haha, really? Congrats on taking one of three from UNH and the awesome start...
      Ha ha, snively65 was looking for cupcakes this weekend, we were glad to provide one.
      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1
        Ha ha, snively65 was looking for cupcakes this weekend, we were glad to provide one.
        I'm just surprised to see the hubris over a 1-2-0 record versus the Wildcats. Expectations for the season have really changed quickly in Lowell...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I'm just surprised to see the hubris over a 1-2-0 record versus the Wildcats. Expectations for the season have really changed quickly in Lowell...
          Hubris? Snively65 mentioned yummy cupcakes so you underestimated a down for the moment Lowell team but you should have tasty one tomorrow night at BU.
          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

• Originally posted by phb View Post
            A good team does not give up that kind of goal right after scoring. A total breakdown in concentration. Now, how do they respond?
            Don't have an answer for that we needed some leadership on the ice and then I think we were playing down 4 decent forwards. No excuses tho and I was disappointed in seeing that goal as well.

Still looking for something from Salvaggio and that top line struggled but I will give Justin Fregona props for his hustle. Seemed like we were a half step behind all night; at least that's how I saw it. UML def controlled tempo amd in the third we had our chances.

Still not like it was a blowout. Low penalty game managed to kill both penalties. A few players got their feet wet tonight like Sacco. Sky is not falling ��. Onto BU! Go 'Cats!!

Ps...in thinking over my phrase "leadership on the ice" this was not a slam on Captain Dylan Chanter. Having met him over the years I believe without a doubt he is doing a great job in his role. Maybe a "spark" would've been a better term? Anyway...FWIW dept..Really missing what Eiserman brings to the game and hope he can return asap!
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-11-2017, 08:39 AM.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              Well, that cupcake did not taste very good, more like food poisoning. Good luck the rest of the way, riverchief. Would be cool if we could meet again in the postseason, maybe even the Garden.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                ...you should have tasty one tomorrow night at BU.
                If we (BU) decide to mail it in again. You never know with this team (which is disturbing). If they have any pride they should come out loaded for bear after getting embarrassed by Northeastern, 6-1, but they could just as easily get smoked. They looked disinterested tonight. Tune in! PLENTY of great seats available at Agganis!

Comment

Anybody else wanting to see Dawson in for Boyd on the D? Heck we might just see him tomorrow night as a forward with the way things are going...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Anybody else wanting to see Dawson in for Boyd on the D? Heck we might just see him tomorrow night as a forward with the way things are going...
                    There are at least two d-men regularly sitting in the stands who should be playing instead of Boyd's pairing partner, so I'll focus instead on that other guy. And on a night when you cited the lack of UNH on-ice leadership, even ... now isn't that ironic? But hey ho, he's glib with the media, so slap a C on his jersey and ride with it, I guess.

Maybe Chanter should be the one they're looking at plonking onto the 4th line? Just sayin' ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      There are at least two d-men regularly sitting in the stands who should be playing instead of Boyd's pairing partner, so I'll focus instead on that other guy. And on a night when you cited the lack of UNH on-ice leadership, even ... now isn't that ironic? But hey ho, he's glib with the media, so slap a C on his jersey and ride with it, I guess.

Maybe Chanter should be the one they're looking at plonking onto the 4th line? Just sayin' ...
                      Oh yeah forgot about James Miller who I totally agree ought to be out there...but you know me I digress on the other stuff you mentioned 😉
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Just want to acknowledge the passing of former UNH player Bill Munroe, who died a couple of days ago after a long battle with heart disease. Munroe graduated in 1972 with Dick Umile and they were best buds for a lot of years. Munroe was what they call Today an energy forward. Really fast skater, tenacious forechecker and, because of those qualities, a fan favorite at Lively Snively. He was always loyal to UNH and I saw him many a time in the stands, home and away, rooting on the Wildcats. All around good guy to boot. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                          Just want to acknowledge the passing of former UNH player Bill Munroe, who died a couple of days ago after a long battle with heart disease. Munroe graduated in 1972 with Dick Umile and they were best buds for a lot of years. Munroe was what they call Today an energy forward. Really fast skater, tenacious forechecker and, because of those qualities, a fan favorite at Lively Snively. He was always loyal to UNH and I saw him many a time in the stands, home and away, rooting on the Wildcats. All around good guy to boot. RIP.
                          RIP, Bill "Stinky" Munroe. You nailed it with "energy forward," Greg. The 1970-71 and 1971-72 UNH teams were two of my favorites, with forwards like Stinky (Newton), Umile (Melrose), Mike McShane (Wakefield), Loui Frigon (Montreal, eh?), John Gray (Ontario), Guy Smith (Buffalo), Bill Beany (Lake Placid), and Gordie Clark. BU was our biggest rival those two years, as the Terriers went to the FF both years and won it all in 1972. I remember one game in particular at Snively in which UNH survived multiple 5-3 PKs, with Stinky on the ice almost the entire two minutes during one of those PKs, a game that we won. I especially remember that post-game celebration in which Stinky got a huge round of applause when he showed up at the Down Under Pub. 'Dem were 'da days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            RIP, Bill "Stinky" Munroe. You nailed it with "energy forward," Greg. The 1970-71 and 1971-72 UNH teams were two of my favorites, with forwards like Stinky (Newton), Umile (Melrose), Mike McShane (Wakefield), Loui Frigon (Montreal, eh?), John Gray (Ontario), Guy Smith (Buffalo), Bill Beany (Lake Placid), and Gordie Clark. BU was our biggest rival those two years, as the Terriers went to the FF both years and won it all in 1972. I remember one game in particular at Snively in which UNH survived multiple 5-3 PKs, with Stinky on the ice almost the entire two minutes during one of those PKs, a game that we won. I especially remember that post-game celebration in which Stinky got a huge round of applause when he showed up at the Down Under Pub. 'Dem were 'da days.
                            Was he the one they acknowledged with a moment of silence last night? RIP Wildcat....
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              RIP, Bill "Stinky" Munroe. You nailed it with "energy forward," Greg. The 1970-71 and 1971-72 UNH teams were two of my favorites, with forwards like Stinky (Newton), Umile (Melrose), Mike McShane (Wakefield), Loui Frigon (Montreal, eh?), John Gray (Ontario), Guy Smith (Buffalo), Bill Beany (Lake Placid), and Gordie Clark. BU was our biggest rival those two years, as the Terriers went to the FF both years and won it all both years. I remember one game in particular at Snively in which UNH survived multiple 5-3 PKs, with Stinky on the ice almost the entire two minutes during one of those PKs, a game that we won. I especially remember that post-game celebration in which Stinky got a huge round of applause when he showed up at the Down Under Pub. 'Dem were 'da days.
                              fyp...

Comment

Our forward situation spelled out here...wonder if BvR plays tonight? I have my doubts...

http://www.uscho.com/recaps/2017/11/...-umass-lowell/

Have to get a transition game going tonight and win more puck battles (which I think was one of the big differences of last night)...two teams looking for two big points! Go 'Cats!

Ps...
                                I will say this about Chuck's man crush Norm B: he's always very generous in his comments post game.
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-11-2017, 07:51 AM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X