This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Fregona makes the most since, IMO, to move up to the third line in the absence of 12 and 17. He is very skilled, and gives that third line the best chance to remain an offensive contributor by playing alongside Nazarian. Miller, at least, has the speed to keep up and at worst the line would give UNH a speedy third group that could win possession. It wouldn't surprise me if McAdams is the choice, however, ensuring the line is a speedy, grinding and defensively responsible threat.

Fregona seems to be getting, the McNicholas/Salvaggio treatment as basically an afterthought in and out of the line-up. If he can't play a top-six role they'd rather forego scoring depth for what the perceive as safe and responsible. It wouldn't shock me if he is a major scoring factor as an upperclassmen leaving us to wonder why could have been. If they continue to score 4 GPG it won't be a problem, but let's see how it unfolds when they play better defenses. I'd prefer 3 lines that can be expected to score (which they probably do have this season when healthy) and a defense first fourth, but they have seemed OK with two and two in prior, recent years...

I'd expect tonight will give you the following for certain:

Salvaggio - McNicholas - Kelleher
    BVR - Blackburn - Grasso

The next two lines will be interesting, but I think these combinations make the most since:

Nazarian - Miller - Fregona
    Sato - Cefalu - McAdams

There is also the possibility (perhaps likelihood) that Dawson skates as a F and seventh D. The bottom six is questionable past Nazarian and Dawson's defensive mentality may be the safest route in Umile's mind. Boyd might also play F, with Dawson on D. Or we see Sacco for the first time this season...
    Was thinking also that's Sacco makes an appearance....good point about Dawson. A shame to have Fregona sit like he is; guess we will find out! Go 'Cats!

(In other UNH sports news Field Hockey won their
    second OT game of the AE Championships defeating Albany will play in the title game tomorrow with a chance to advance to the NCAA's. Oh and Football won on the road defeating William and Mary for the first time in many years! )
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Was thinking also that's Sacco makes an appearance....good point about Dawson. A shame to have Fregona sit like he is; guess we will find out! Go 'Cats!

(In other UNH sports news Field Hockey won their
      second OT game of the AE Championships defeating Albany will play in the title game tomorrow with a chance to advance to the NCAA's. Oh and Football won on the road defeating William and Mary for the first time in many years! )
      The 12 forwards I guessed above are the 12 Fs in the line-up per college hockey stats. No Sacco. No Dawson. Lines remain to be seen...

Salvaggio, McNicholas, Kelleher, Marks and Gildon are scheduled to start.
      Last edited by Dan; 11-04-2017, 05:29 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Maine beats Lowell 6-2 on the road, dropping UML to 1-5-0 in HE. The Riverhawks may just be bad. Certainly goalie Tyler Wall is having a horrendous season...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Pucks to the net lead to a goal mk!! Blackburn?
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Cefalu Fregona Sato out there
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

PP goal BvR 2-0 'Cats
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Maas puts the 'Cats up on the PP 3-0 Double minor penalty hoping for one more!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Not so much of a statement game per se but we'll take the two points! Hats off to the work of the second/third lines tonight as top line seemed invisible at times (but what do I know McNick with 2 assists!!)

Wyse made his presence felt great to have him back! DT gets a SO and number 1 star. Go 'Cats!!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-04-2017, 08:19 PM.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nice win tonight. The March continues unabated. Will UNH crack the Top 10 in this week's poll?
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      Nice win tonight. The March continues unabated. Will UNH crack the Top 10 in this week's poll?
                      Fun to see us #3 in PWR...tough part of the schedule ahead buckle up!
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Fun to see us #3 in PWR...tough part of the schedule ahead buckle up!
                        Apparently back to 4th in PWR, but ahead of NU (9), PC (13), BC (28). BU (32), UML (37), UVM (39), UMass (50), Yukon (51), Maine (52), and Mac (53). Lot of cupcakes in this group, besides the usual OOC. And, NICC? PWR (17).

Good DT in net at UMass?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          Apparently back to 4th in PWR, but ahead of NU (9), PC (13), BC (28). BU (32), UML (37), UVM (39), UMass (50), Yukon (51), Maine (52), and Mac (53). Lot of cupcakes in this group, besides the usual OOC. And, NICC? PWR (17).

Good DT in net at UMass?
                          Yes he handled what they threw at him. D took care of most threats breaking it up. Having Wyse back meant a lot and thought Marks had one of his better games! Big test this weekend...
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Yes he handled what they threw at him. D took care of most threats breaking it up. Having Wyse back meant a lot and thought Marks had one of his better games! Big test this weekend...
                            Just checked stats to see that DT is tied for 6th in SV% at 0.935 and 12th in GPG at 1.97. Appears that he has settled down in the crease and that his D-men are helping out more this season.

Do UML and BU qualify as cupcakes so far this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Just checked stats to see that DT is tied for 6th in SV% at 0.935 and 12th in GPG at 1.97. Appears that he has settled down in the crease and that his D-men are helping out more this season.

Do UML and BU qualify as cupcakes so far this season?
                              Oh my...that isn't a term I'd use for them but maybe Chuck? I have a feeling UML would rather DIE than lose to 'lowly UNH' 3 times in one season (but works for me!!! ) As for those Terriers we had decent enough showings with them last season (should've beat them at the Agganis and never mind about the 'Whitt game....) But right now? I'd say anything can happen for our 'Cats. Salvaggio needs a break out game so now's the time. Gotta 'bring it'. Go 'Cats!!!
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Oh my...that isn't a term I'd use for them but maybe Chuck? I have a feeling UML would rather DIE than lose to 'lowly UNH' 3 times in one season (but works for me!!! ) As for those Terriers we had decent enough showings with them last season (should've beat them at the Agganis and never mind about the 'Whitt game....) But right now? I'd say anything can happen for our 'Cats. Salvaggio needs a break out game so now's the time. Gotta 'bring it'. Go 'Cats!!!
                                Speaking of "Go Cats", did you see that picture on Twitter of Steven Tyler with a UNH Hockey visor on Ref? Pretty funny! I'd post it here but I am USCHO tech challenged!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X