Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    We have BINGO!! Nice sweep Cats

Couldn't make the games this weekend. Gave away my youngest daughter in marriage to her high school sweetheart. A great time was had by all!!

Can't wait to see the Cats live next weekend!! Have the pundits been too harsh on UNH?? We'll see, but there's no denying a sweep of UML is a good thing
    Wow Congrats e.cat!!!! Bet you looked dapper in your tux. That's a wonderful thing. Well, I think the 'Cats showed they can move the puck out of the zone, not give it away in the neutral zone, and can find some offense. Sure UML didn't have their best weekend but who cares. We'll see what's what down the line. One game at a time. I thought DT 'stayed home' and really earned those two wins. Looking forward to seeing you next week!!!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Rats sorry I missed you!! Did you get an awesome craft beer?
      My cousins informed me that the only craft brew choice is Goose Island IPA, which I have disliked since even before they were bought out by InBev (Anheuser Bush, Bud Lite, et al.); bleh.

I should have tried harder to reach Tsongas on Friday night, as they serve Harpoon IPA.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Wow Congrats e.cat!!!! Bet you looked dapper in your tux. That's a wonderful thing. Well, I think the 'Cats showed they can move the puck out of the zone, not give it away in the neutral zone, and can find some offense. Sure UML didn't have their best weekend but who cares. We'll see what's what down the line. One game at a time. I thought DT 'stayed home' and really earned those two wins. Looking forward to seeing you next week!!!!
        Thanks HR. My daughter was stunning!! I was just there to help and write the check. Haha!!

Look forward to the upcoming games. See you there
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

this must be the greatest sandbagging thread in the history of USCHO
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            My cousins informed me that the only craft brew choice is Goose Island IPA, which I have disliked since even before they were bought out by InBev (Anheuser Bush, Bud Lite, et al.); bleh.

I should have tried harder to reach Tsongas on Friday night, as they serve Harpoon IPA.
            There is one other, maybe Whale's Tale Pale Ale from Nantucket brewing? Fully understanding how the beer distribution business works, it is disappointing that, if we are going to sell beer, it is not local NH craft brews. UNH has a brewery manager and offers a brewing science minor. Synergy calling. Hello?
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Please give us a week or so to revive the Champions of October or whatever that start strong fade late theme is? We appreciate your patience.

Comment

Borrowing from my NFL "one can't tell what's really going on until week eight" theory, I am cautiously optimistic. UML lost a lot of talent from last year. That team should have been in the FF and may turn out to be the team their fans look at as the one that got away. Like UNH in '99 and '03, if only... For UML fans, hopefully they figure things out and get back in the mix, but right now they are not even close to the team they were six month ago.

Neither are we. The post game radio show mentioned depth, the familiar names on the ice and that the 'cats carried forward what they learned in last year's playoffs. Our competitiveness, resilience, grit and determination were impressive. We were strong in the neutral zone, moved the puck out of our end effortlessly compared to last year. Gildon, at 18 years of age and only 190 pounds? Wonder if he is spending any time in the weight room? We'll be lucky to have him three years, let alone four. You know how, when watching a game casually, certain players draw your attention? Young Max had that going on while I was enjoying Sal's pizza Friday during warm ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Borrowing from my NFL "one can't tell what's really going on until week eight" theory, I am cautiously optimistic. UML lost a lot of talent from last year. That team should have been in the FF and may turn out to be the team their fans look at as the one that got away. Like UNH in '99 and '03, if only... For UML fans, hopefully they figure things out and get back in the mix, but right now they are not even close to the team they were six month ago.

Neither are we. The post game radio show mentioned depth, the familiar names on the ice and that the 'cats carried forward what they learned in last year's playoffs. Our competitiveness, resilience, grit and determination were impressive. We were strong in the neutral zone, moved the puck out of our end effortlessly compared to last year. Gildon, at 18 years of age and only 190 pounds? Wonder if he is spending any time in the weight room? We'll be lucky to have him three years, let alone four. You know how, when watching a game casually, certain players draw your attention? Young Max had that going on while I was enjoying Sal's pizza Friday during warm ups.
                  Awesome post! We have a gem here in not only Max but Benton and quite frankly Anthony Wyse; both goals game winners!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Beer on tap, Sal's Pizza AND winning hockey? Souza and Stu have new weapons in the recruiting arsenal now.

Keep this up, and Lake Whitt should be selling out as soon as football wraps, once the permafrost sets in.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

How are we looking in the PairWise?
                      Please join me in the fight to reduce the world's supply of Bacardi.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        What, you don't like golf?

Comment

Tyler Kelleher scores his first pro goal on a breakaway after hitting the post earlier...way to go TyK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=oVoIvT0c8-k
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-08-2017, 09:06 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            It's all we got left Walrus! What can I say?

We had a friendly scramble golf outing before my daughters wedding Thursday at Webhannet in Kennebunk. The fogies (me included) vs the youngstahs. The younstahs were sure to kick our arse! In the end we told the youngstahs we went 4 under just to rattle their cages. They went 1 under! We really went 1 under too and in my FOB speech at the reception I told the guests that I could not tell a lie, that we didn't go 4 under. I looked at my partner and asked what did we really score? He replied, "we went 5 under!"
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Just flipped the game on and shocked to see how empty the Whitt is. Unfortunately it was the same deal at the Alfond this weekend.
                              Just checked the box score, where attendance listed at 4186; seems about 1000 too high to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Just checked the box score, where attendance listed at 4186; seems about 1000 too high to me.
                                The 'Whitt was not empty...and it was nice to hear the applause when we had a sustained attack going. I think most fans are like most of us on the board; cautiously optimistic. I expected more UML fans to be there but with the game televised I couldn't blame them.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X