Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Overtime
    Last edited by Dan; 10-01-2017, 05:15 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

3-3 Final. UNH outperformed in the first and for some stretches later in the game, turned it up after a defensive lapse left them in a 3-1 hole.

They looked OK. Not especially dangerous offensively with two PP goals through screens and a goal out of nothing from BVR. Salvaggio looks the part of an uber confident senior - and shot everything. But will those shots come from the prime positions TK consistently put him in? Vela looked healthy. Offense should (obviously) be much better with Grasso than without.

The young D had both good and hesitant moments (Gildon excluded - he's there). The returnees looked similar to what they showed last season. Perfect on the PK (thanks to a great first period save by an X forward!) and 2-2 on the PP...

Goaltending was fine. Though St. X missed a lot of nets...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Ok what say you all? No question Gildon is the real deal out there. We started to out some stuff together towards the end. Obvious that Jason and McNick missed their set up man and it will good to see Grasso out there. Can see some good stuff coming from Charlie K too.

Didn't see too much from Robinson but I liked his presence in goal. Will take the tie...
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-01-2017, 05:36 PM.
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Where was Grasso?

How were the beer sales?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Where was Grasso?

How were the beer sales?
            He is apparently injured.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Where was Grasso?

How were the beer sales?
              Shoulder for Grasso DU said he's out for a week. Didn't check out the beer sales...next week tho 😉

Comment

The only blemish on Gildon tonight is the bad pinch that gave up the three on one goal. I won't get too worked up over that for his first game.

Still looking for much better passing out there, but that seems like it's not getting any better over last year. Looking forward to seeing how they ready to getting thrown into the fire next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Where was Grasso?

How were the beer sales?
                  Based on the immense () crowd that was there, I'd say the beer sales were OK. Yours truly enjoyed one . You are allowed to take your beer back with you to your seat, as long as your seat is not in the general admission seats at either end of the arena. Not sure how they are going to enforce that, but OK....

Also...Kohei Sato was in the house, saw him wearing a suit and watching the game from the mezzanine. Not sure what's going on, unless it's some sort of academic eligibility issue that is keeping him off the roster.
                  Last edited by Scott; 10-01-2017, 06:21 PM.
                  UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    Based on the immense () crowd that was there, I'd say the beer sales were OK. Yours truly enjoyed one. . You are allowed to take your beer back with you to your seat, as long as your seat is not in the general admission seats at either end of the arena. Not sure how they are going to enforce that, but OK....

Also...Kohei Sato was in the house, saw him wearing a suit and watching the game from the mezzanine. Not sure what's going on, unless it's some sort of academic eligibility issue that is keeping him off the roster.
                    Funny you mention that Scott (about Sato) I mentioned him to some friends and daughter said she thought she saw him around ....hmm wonder what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                      The only blemish on Gildon tonight is the bad pinch that gave up the three on one goal. I won't get too worked up over that for his first game.

Still looking for much better passing out there, but that seems like it's not getting any better over last year. Looking forward to seeing how they ready to getting thrown into the fire next weekend.
                      I was impressed with Gildon today. The kid has a killer of a shot IMHO.
                      UNH

Comment

Based on the immense () crowd that was there, I'd say the beer sales were OK. Yours truly enjoyed one . You are allowed to take your beer back with you to your seat, as long as your seat is not in the general admission seats at either end of the arena. Not sure how they are going to enforce that, but OK....

Was 95% sure I saw him as well. Interesting to see what comes of that.

Comment

I was impressed with Gildon today. The kid has a killer of a shot IMHO.
                          Definitely impressed with what he brought to the game today. Like I said the only issue I saw was that one thing. Definitely looking forward to his continued offensive contribution.

Mass had a quietly effective game as well. Not as noticeable as Gildon but again, it's their first game.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                            Definitely impressed with what he brought to the game today. Like I said the only issue I saw was that one thing. Definitely looking forward to his continued offensive contribution.

Mass had a quietly effective game as well. Not as noticeable as Gildon but again, it's their first game.
                            And he (Gildon) can skate!! We started to gel abit offensively in the 3rd amd OT and will really need to get that rolling against UML.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post

You guys going to UML Friday?

Comment

Maybe Sato is being held back for redshirt purposes, unless an emergency with depth develops in-season?

Let's hope the tie is not an omen for what the rest of the season is gonna look like.

Was hoping to get to the game this afternoon, but didn't get back in time, so hopefully next weekend ...
                                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X