Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I know where you got this from - Al Pike has, at least, the same sources (he was probably in attendance for that very quote and the surrounding context) and many more.

Interpret the coach's quotes however you'd like. Many will interpret them differently on face value alone. Without even considering that it was supposed to be an 'open competition' last year, that Tirone's FR arrival stapled Clark to the bench, coach's predilection for relying on upperclass players or Tirone being given an A this summer. When considering all factors, its clear, regardless of what is said, that unless Tirone is an abject failure it is his crease. A performance so-so or better and there will be no genuine competition. Clark will (maybe) get a chance if Tirone is notably below average. Robinson will get a chance if he's below average and Umile - after caring little about developing younger players through playing time taken from upperclassmen his entire career - suddenly decides he cares in the one year it finally doesn't matter to his interests at all...
    Yup, I always have liked Al Pike, an honest reporter, never pulls any punches, and glad that he is still covering UNH hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Yup, I always have liked Al Pike, an honest reporter, never pulls any punches, and glad that he is still covering UNH hockey.
      I like him too amd met him when my daughter was working for them. I thoughtlike you he had retired as well and am glad he's still at it. A former UNH reporter Nick Stoico for the Monitor (where my daughter now works) does a decent job too.

As per the goalie thing we all get it about who is gonna play for the most part...I glad AC is still in the mix..
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        I like him too amd met him when my daughter was working for them. I thoughtlike you he had retired as well and am glad he's still at it. A former UNH reporter Nick Stoico for the Monitor (where my daughter now works) does a decent job too.

As per the goalie thing we all get it about who is gonna play for the most part...I glad AC is still in the mix..
        And, do we also have a fourth goalie on the roster this season? Or, am I confusing that with a new Skype goalie coach?

Comment

Went back for homecoming for the first time in many years. The announced crowd for Saturday was an awesome 22,000 (I know, most stayed in Boulder) and the place was packed on a gorgeous day (the librarian would be super proud of that scoreboard!). Nice to see a successful team in Wildcat Blue. Appears that Coach Mac hasnt chosen to mail in the results like others on campus and continues to recruit the players to keep the wins flowing.

I ran into a few other long time season ticket holders at homecoming who had given up tickets several years back, and they still dont miss it. Our conversation was about family, the football team/stadium and very little about hockey. Sadly, many students I spoke with mentioned that they had more exciting things to do than go to a hockey game these days. WOW!

How does the braintrust turn this around guys? The hole for Souza is only getting deeper and the revenue dollars smaller. Watch out football, I think you just became the cash cow they are going to milk.

The wait list doesnt seem like a long time ago, it WAS a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalers View Post
            Went back for homecoming for the first time in many years. The announced crowd for Saturday was an awesome 22,000 (I know, most stayed in Boulder) and the place was packed on a gorgeous day (the librarian would be super proud of that scoreboard!). Nice to see a successful team in Wildcat Blue. Appears that Coach Mac hasnt chosen to mail in the results like others on campus and continues to recruit the players to keep the wins flowing.

I ran into a few other long time season ticket holders at homecoming who had given up tickets several years back, and they still dont miss it. Our conversation was about family, the football team/stadium and very little about hockey. Sadly, many students I spoke with mentioned that they had more exciting things to do than go to a hockey game these days. WOW!

How does the braintrust turn this around guys? The hole for Souza is only getting deeper and the revenue dollars smaller. Watch out football, I think you just became the cash cow they are going to milk.

The wait list doesnt seem like a long time ago, it WAS a long time ago.
            I believe it was the end of 98/99 or the start of 99/2000. I think we bought the last 4! At least that is what they told us. Prior to that, they would let you out to the ticket office between periods at the Witt to buy future games.

Comment

Well isn't this interesting, beer at the 'Whitt: (this is a from an email STH's received)

Also, we are excited to inform you that we are launching a pilot program where beer will be sold at the Whittemore Center at home mens hockey games for the 2017-18 season starting on Sunday, October 1at the 4:00pm exhibition game. There will be two points of sale on the north end of the arena, open to all fans in the general public 21-and-over with valid identification, featuring domestic and craft beer. Cash and credit will be accepted and drink orders will be limited to one per patron, per transaction. S ales begin when gates open, and beer service ends when third period begins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                And, do we also have a fourth goalie on the roster this season? Or, am I confusing that with a new Skype goalie coach?
                Yes we do have 4 goalies Coach U said in the interview I heard.

Comment

Well isn't this interesting, beer at the 'Whitt: (this is a from an email STH's received)

Also, we are excited to inform you that we are launching a pilot program where beer will be sold at the Whittemore Center at home mens hockey games for the 2017-18 season starting on Sunday, October 1at the 4:00pm exhibition game. There will be two points of sale on the north end of the arena, open to all fans in the general public 21-and-over with valid identification, featuring domestic and craft beer. Cash and credit will be accepted and drink orders will be limited to one per patron, per transaction. S ales begin when gates open, and beer service ends when third period begins.
                  craft beer, you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    craft beer, you say?
                    Give me a Bud Light hahaha!!! I'll be very curious how this works out and how popular it's gonna be...new income stream?

Comment

Give me a Bud Light hahaha!!! I'll be very curious how this works out and how popular it's gonna be...new income stream?
                      They opened up a beer garden at Wildcat Stadium too, and it was doing quite well at Homecoming last week. UNH never says no to new income streams.
                      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        They opened up a beer garden at Wildcat Stadium too, and it was doing quite well at Homecoming last week. UNH never says no to new income streams.
                        They finally woke up. They should install a pub like UMass Lowell did in one of the corners at the Tsongas. They have Sam Adams I believe. Maybe partner with Smuttynose or another local brewery.
                        Last edited by scoreboard; 09-30-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Very cool season tix package each ticket honoring Coach U in someway. Glad to be back been too long Go 'Cats!!

Comment

Salvaggio - McNicholas - Kelleher
                            Wyse - Maass
                            Tirone

Eight D dressed (counting Boyd)
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Opening line ups:

Salvaggio mc nick Charlie k

Wyse Maass

DT

Comment

Eiserman - Vela - Nazarian
                                BVR - Blackburn - Miller
                                McAdams - Cefalu - Fregona

Gildon- Marks
                                Boyd - Chanter
                                Miller - Dawson

1-0 X

Penalty BVR
                                Last edited by Dan; 10-01-2017, 03:17 PM.
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X