Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos

Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Still undefeated and tied for first in Hockey East! Great start to the season for our Cats! :-)

No starting a new thread just yet!
    Kinda like not changing your lucky socks during a winning streak, even when they get really gnarly, right?
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Kinda like not changing your lucky socks during a winning streak, even when they get really gnarly, right?
    I am sure that the title of this thread was more than the coaches and players could bear, so they are incentivized. Ditto in Orono All for the moment, anyway.

I got stuck in traffic, so missed getting to Tsongas last night; should be able to make the Whiit tonight, if there are any tickets remaining at the door?

Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH

I am sure that the title of this thread was more than the coaches and players could bear, so they are incentivized. Ditto in Orono All for the moment, anyway.

I got stuck in traffic, so missed getting to Tsongas last night; should be able to make the Whiit tonight, if there are any tickets remaining at the door?
    Well sorry about the title...we were in the middle of a golf match ya know I dunno about those tickets Snively...you better come early...! And, you can get one of those nasty 'craft beers'
    Let's Go 'Cats!

Just flipped the game on and shocked to see how empty the Whitt is. Unfortunately it was the same deal at the Alfond this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Just flipped the game on and shocked to see how empty the Whitt is. Unfortunately it was the same deal at the Alfond this weekend.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least a we know Snively was able to get into the game...

Maass finds Blackburn from behind the net, tied 1-1...
    Last edited by Dan; 10-07-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Wyse knuckles one in at the end of a pedestrian PP and UNH looking for another upset...

Clark-Hislop-Cox

Sitting rinkside. Wyse' wrister was whistling.

Landlocked in the Hoosier State

I never thought I would say this with Umile behind the bench but I'll be honest, the Cats are playing good hockey! They are going to make me watch them more if they keep this up!
    Go Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS. View Post
    I never thought I would say this with Umile behind the bench but I'll be honest, the Cats are playing good hockey! They are going to make me watch them more if they keep this up!
    It's a good, and surprising, start. They were better than Lowell both nights and that is impressive (though, thru one weekend UML has some real work to do). The next two weekends are at home against teams they should expect to be - especially now. They're staring at a very possible 6-0 start and if they can take care of business then they really might have something here...

Clark-Hislop-Cox

All-American goalie Brian Foster is the new UNH volunteer goalie coach. He retired from professional hockey after last season. He, Danny Tirone, and Mike Robinson are longtime students of GDS founder and Penguins' goalie coach Mike Buckley. Foster is also an instructor at GDS:

"Brian Foster joins the GDS staff after being a student of coach Buckley for over 10 years. Brian, a Pembroke, New Hampshire Native, has been through the process of playing local junior hockey, college hockey and professional hockey including the NHL. Foster was an All-American at UNH and draft pick of the Florida Panthers and has spent the last six seasons playing professionally in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. Brian brings a ton of experience and knowledge to the GDS staff. Brian recently retired after playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins organization."

Ummmm...that's two now. Over 5th ranked UML.

Coach Sarah's Dad! :)

I'm blaming it on the full moon.
    Move along folks, move along....nothing to see here.....

Coach Sarah's Dad! :)

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Give Dick an extension! 😂
    Dope.
    Move along folks, move along....nothing to see here.....

BTW..HR loves being wrong...when it comes to hockey predictions! 🙀😉

Wow, the most enjoyable night at the Whit in quite awhile. Hopefully this is just the start of the Sousa era. The team in general seemed to be playing more aggressively, with more speed, and two freshman in particular stood out; #8 Gildon and #28 Maass.
    Go Cats
    Former HEA Champions

Can't wait for this weeks update in The Quest.

Another good win that says a lot about what this team can do. It is up to them whether they will continue to press teams like Lowell and get more quality wins down the stretch. Gildon and Maass are for real and as advertised. If this team could get their passes to connect with a lot more consistency I think they will get even better results. For as much as I rag on Tirone, I will be the first to say he had a great night out there as well. The team effort in getting the second, third, and fourth opportunities has been there in this 3 game sample and will continue to be a key in keeping the ship upright. That first line really needs to get on the score sheet, they are trying way too hard and missing a lot of good opportunities because of it.

I think a good amount of us are in the cautious optimism camp right now, and we should be. A great start can do that for you and now it becomes the question of how consistent their effort and the results will be. You have set the bar high out of the gate boys, let's keep it there.

Quote Originally Posted by deltabravo62 View Post
    Can't wait for this weeks update in The Quest.

Another good win that says a lot about what this team can do. It is up to them whether they will continue to press teams like Lowell and get more quality wins down the stretch. Gildon and Maass are for real and as advertised. If this team could get their passes to connect with a lot more consistency I think they will get even better results. For as much as I rag on Tirone, I will be the first to say he had a great night out there as well. The team effort in getting the second, third, and fourth opportunities has been there in this 3 game sample and will continue to be a key in keeping the ship upright. That first line really needs to get on the score sheet, they are trying way too hard and missing a lot of good opportunities because of it.

I think a good amount of us are in the cautious optimism camp right now, and we should be. A great start can do that for you and now it becomes the question of how consistent their effort and the results will be. You have set the bar high out of the gate boys, let's keep it there.
    Great post DB!!!! Agree on your assessment of the top line; and said as much can see the frustration esp in Salvaggio. Enjoyed watching CKell being feisty out there...it will come for them. Awesome to see others stepping up Blackburn doing well already...Yes cautiously optimistic but for right here right now loving every minute of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least a we know Snively was able to get into the game...

Maass finds Blackburn from behind the net, tied 1-1...
    Yes, I was there, and someone gave me free ticket in the lobby. :-)

I had a nice long post written, but it crashed and burned before I could get it uploaded. Similar to DB62's post; sloppy game, but great results. For the moment, we are all alone in HEA 1st place.

Yes, I was there, and someone gave me free ticket in the lobby. :-)

I had a nice long post written, but it crashed and burned before I could get it uploaded. Similar to DB62's post; sloppy game, but great results. For the moment, we are all alone in HEA 1st place.
    Rats sorry I missed you!! Did you get an awesome craft beer?

Seasoned Veteran

We have BINGO!! Nice sweep Cats

Couldn't make the games this weekend. Gave away my youngest daughter in marriage to her high school sweetheart. A great time was had by all!!

Can't wait to see the Cats live next weekend!! Have the pundits been too harsh on UNH?? We'll see, but there's no denying a sweep of UML is a good thing

Thread Information