Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Have at it...Fore!!
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Whooaaa! Still need to play the ninth hole before our heroes head to the back nine. And, speaking of the back nine, my home course as a teenager did not have a back nine. But, my season pass at Rockingham Country Club in Newmarket was $35, and courses were so uncrowded back then, we could easily play ten 9-hole rounds on a weekday, and once played 14 rounds (126 holes) by starting at daybreak and finishing around 9 pm on the Solstice. We usually carried only four clubs, which really saved time in decision-making. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Whooaaa! Still need to play the ninth hole before our heroes head to the back nine. And, speaking of the back nine, my home course as a teenager did not have a back nine. But, my season pass at Rockingham Country Club in Newmarket was $35, and courses were so uncrowded back then, we could easily play ten 9-hole rounds on a weekday, and once played 14 rounds (126 holes) by starting at daybreak and finishing around 9 pm on the Solstice. We usually carried only four clubs, which really saved time in decision-making. :-)
      Well figured we were heading that way!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Have fond memories playing at Rockingham CC as a student in the 70's. Remember a short and flat course - fun to play but had to keep your head up with fairways right next to each other.
        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

The 2017-2018 schedule has been released:
          http://www.unhwildcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

Sorry for the delay, folks. Had to clear the course due to an approaching electrical storm, especially with those huge steel poles up and down the 9th fairway. Normal service will hopefully be restored shortly.
            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
              Well, it is about time. But, no surprises, I guess?

Comment

Word on the street Matias Cleland signs with the Toronto Marlies!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Word on the street Matias Cleland signs with the Toronto Marlies!
                  If Cleland gets called up to the Leafs, maybe JVR will still be there?

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                    Not the most challenging schedule. If the team doesn't get off to a good start with those OC games at home, I would be very concerned. Who makes a schedule like that?

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                      Not the most challenging schedule. If the team doesn't get off to a good start with those OC games at home, I would be very concerned. Who makes a schedule like that?
                      Either you are joking, or you are not a regular reader of our UNH threads. :-)

If you open our recently closed off season thread, "The Clash Question," and search with the words "the quest for 600," you will understand. Also, check out our schedule from the last two seasons.
                      Last edited by Snively65; 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Interesting development today...

It appears the university is going to establish a "Fan Advisory Board", comprised of 16-20 people to share ideas and reflect In general on the state of the fan experience. They are accepting applications through 8/1. Open to STH, former STH, casual fans, etc. Perhaps those on the USCHO boards that are passionate in their disdain for the state of the affairs in the hockey program might consider applying. I'm guessing that there would be a bigger impact in serving on this proposed board than there would be complaining/commiserating with all of 10-15 people that inhabit this thread.
                        Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                          Interesting development today...

It appears the university is going to establish a "Fan Advisory Board", comprised of 16-20 people to share ideas and reflect In general on the state of the fan experience. They are accepting applications through 8/1. Open to STH, former STH, casual fans, etc. Perhaps those on the USCHO boards that are passionate in their disdain for the state of the affairs in the hockey program might consider applying. I'm guessing that there would be a bigger impact in serving on this proposed board than there would be complaining/commiserating with all of 10-15 people that inhabit this thread.
                          ....guess who applied already?? Actually, I got this email you speak of today but also a few weeks ago and 'applied' then. Haven't heard anything and quite honestly, don't expect to be chosen (am not an exact alum; hubby and kids are). We'll see...
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 07-12-2017, 07:53 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            ....guess who applied already?? Actually, I got this email you speak of today but also a few weeks ago and 'applied' then. Haven't heard anything and quite honestly, don't expect to be chosen (am not an exact alum; hubby and kids are). We'll see...
                            But, you ARE A STH, HR! And, you have brought pom poms, or at least a pom, to games, right? How can "they" not appoint you?

DC, this action by the UNH admin (BS35+4?) must be a result of these threads! Thanks for posting,

Comment

DC, this action by the UNH admin (BS35+4?) must be a result of these threads!
                              Well, the dying fandom has been an issue the past five years.

Seems more that this is the only safe timing, when the biggest fan problem will already be "addressed." Would be embarrassing if the Board kept saying the main fan concern in that the team needs to be led by a new face who actually will put in any minimal effort to improve the team. With this timing, that is no longer on the menu. After all, if we remember Dickie's last cling to power in March, where he and Blue Skies told everyone that Mikey was making over the program and changing the culture, but he wasn't ready yet, so it was important for Dickie to remain and help change the culture that Dickie had created...... wait, where was I going with that one?
                              The Souza record:
                              15-16 10th place
                              16-17 10th place
                              17-18 11th place
                              18-19 8th place
                              19-20 9th place
                              20-21 10th place
                              21-22 9th place
                              22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                              X