Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    ...I know Darius enjoyed my call that 6-0 was staring them in the face - but they should expect to be the better team on the ice for each of the next two weekends. Sweeping UML was nice (though we have no idea who the River Hawks will be this season), but if you want to be the team UNH players and coaches are talking about being you have to beat the team's you're supposed to beat. That means most of the non-conference schedule and certainly Colgate and CC...
    I was joking around on the UML thread for sure. I also baited brassbonanza with my "We plan on beating BU twice as well" comment. Kidding aside, 6-0 is staring us in the face. Obviously if we hit 6-0 the 'cats have to be taken seriously. Pretty much the same at 5-1. 2-4 or 3-3 would be a disaster after last weekend. I'd be OK with 4-2 as long as the 2 are splits and we don't get smoked or regress in overall quality of play.

Go 'cats!
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Point is out for the weekend and Racine (whose limited numbers were poor last year) is in goal for Colgate. Looks like 1,500 at the Whitt tonight!!!
      Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2017, 07:13 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Point is it and Racine (whose limited numbers were poor last year) is in goal for Colgate. Looks like 1,500 at the Whitt tonight!!!
        Just too far for me to drive this weekend from Thornton. Maybe some Saturday night later this fall. But, I will follow closely, especially the SOG.

Comment

The rout is on - its 5-0 UNH at the end of two. A pair of goals for Gildon and three pints for CK. Salvaggio has his first. Eiserman has also scored. Blackburn with a goal called back. UNH suffocating Colgate right now - they're getting nothing going...
          Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2017, 07:30 PM.
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

Playing really well I loved the 5 on 3 goal they seemed really comfortable moving the puck and creating great scoring chances. I may be a believer of this team.
            Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
              Playing really well I loved the 5 on 3 goal they seemed really comfortable moving the puck and creating great scoring chances. I may be a believer of this team.
              Loved watching Gildon get the face-off win and walk right it at the Fs - shrinking the PK. He looks so confident and is once again the best player on the ice...

Not going to do UW much good if they force out the top talents after over recruiting. With the ice time he'll get, in all situations, at UNH it's hard to imagine him not making the WJC team. You also have to wonder how long we'll get to enjoy him...
              Live Free or Die!!
              Miami University '03

Comment

Lowell getting run at home by Omaha, 4-1, tempers enthusiasms a bit. They may not be who we thought they were...
                Live Free or Die!!
                Miami University '03

Comment

Loved watching Gildon get the face-off win and walk right it at the Fs - shrinking the PK. He looks so confident and is once again the best player on the ice...

Not going to do UW much good if they force out the top talents after over recruiting. With the ice time he'll get, in all situations, at UNH it's hard to imagine him not making the WJC team. You also have to wonder how long we'll get to enjoy him...
                  Agreed, I've forgotten what it looks like to watch a confident UNH team. Again this is early but you watch them (at least I do) and you are expecting them to score which is different in years past when it was 'oh wow, the actually scored?'
                  Go Cats!

Comment

Oh that Gildon slapshot is a beautiful thing to see!!! Great to see ChKell get his first (3PT night for Charlie) as well as Salvaggio. Another great night for Eiserman. 3-0...what a start! We'll take it. Loved the hustle of Blackburn and Fregona too. Great team effort!
                    Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-13-2017, 08:49 PM.
                    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

It has been a long time since a UNH team was this much fun to watch. We seem much faster, stronger, tougher than last year. The freshmen are special; three of them (Gildon, Maass and Kelleher) are all already playing the PK. Gildon is a huge add overall, and especially to the power play. Sweet night.

Lets go Cats!
                      Go Cats
                      Former HEA Champions

Comment

By the way, does anyone know why the apparent goal was not ruled a goal? The overhead cam seemed to show that the puck went completely into the net. Did they rule that the whistle had blown?
                        Go Cats
                        Former HEA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by catsfan View Post
                          By the way, does anyone know why the apparent goal was not ruled a goal? The overhead cam seemed to show that the puck went completely into the net. Did they rule that the whistle had blown?
                          When the ref was talking to Umile, he was using a pushing motion with his hand. My guess is that they saw a UNH glove give the puck some momentum.

As for the game, my first of the year. Gildon is probably the best freshman at UNH since JVR. He looks like the whole package, although we should reserve full judgment until UNH plays a quality team.

Btw., the announced attendance was around 3,400. There was less than half of that in the arena. Has to be the smallest crowd for a men’s game ever.

Comment

Lowell getting run at home by Omaha, 4-1, tempers enthusiasms a bit. They may not be who we thought they were...
                            Not for me...haha but I get what you are saying. Of course, the same could be said for these 'Cats...they may not be the team most think/thought they were going to be either. I realize we have bigggg fish to fry so the pink cloud will most likely settle. But I'm liking the hustle; it's just not what we've seen in the past couple of seasons and it's beyond refreshing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                              When the ref was talking to Umile, he was using a pushing motion with his hand. My guess is that they saw a UNH glove give the puck some momentum.

As for the game, my first of the year. Gildon is probably the best freshman at UNH since JVR. He looks like the whole package, although we should reserve full judgment until UNH plays a quality team.

Btw., the announced attendance was around 3,400. There was less than half of that in the arena. Has to be the smallest crowd for a men’s game ever.
                              How filled in was student section?

UNH now 4th in PWR, all alone; woo hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                How filled in was student section?

UNH now 4th in PWR, all alone; woo hoo!
                                Student section was pretty full actually! Hoping for a bigger overall crowd for tomorrow tho...Fun to see the PWR ...when was the last time we were even in the top 20? Good times.

Comment

Working...
                                X