Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'm curious, Ref ... did Luce Canaan beg Jerry for his old job back, or was he more subtle about it?
    Can't say that I noticed...was too busy wondering if UNH can beat UConn after 2 years of trying, if you want my honest opinion...(not to mention the lament over Masonius, but, that's getting better with Gildon and Maas in the mix)
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

New guy here - does anybody know of a way to watch the full game replays of the Lowell games from October? TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH_Puck533 View Post
        New guy here - does anybody know of a way to watch the full game replays of the Lowell games from October? TIA.
        Welcome!!!! Would love to find this out myself...makes for some gooooood viewing (esp the end of the first one...sweet). As you might know our home games are steamed on ESPN 3...not sure what UML does about games? Hope to see you more on this board!

'Course, you can always watch these highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugVPKviWJIA (at Lowell)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EFFF8kDiD8 (at UNH)

Expecting a battle tomorrow night...can the 'Cats beat the RiverHawks 3 times...in one season?? Go 'Cats!!
        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-09-2017, 05:31 PM.
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Can't say that I noticed...was too busy wondering if UNH can beat UConn after 2 years of trying, if you want my honest opinion...(not to mention the lament over Masonius, but, that's getting better with Gildon and Maas in the mix)
          Fortunately, we only play Luce Canaan's Yukon team twice this regular season, and those two home and home games are not until the last weekend of January. NRN may be in the RVM by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Fortunately, we only play Luce Canaan's Yukon team twice this regular season, and those two home and home games are not until the last weekend of January. NRN may be in the RVM by then.
            Heck I just wanna beat them for a change...don't think that's asking too much!
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

UMassyWassy (only HEA team without a thread here) knocks off Friars, dumping them well out of the PWR, leaving only our Cats and NU Fuskies in NCAAs if the 16 were chosen today.
              Last edited by Snively65; 11-09-2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

So I looked on the UNH Wildcats page....I know on the BU site hockey and basketball are "split." This appears to be the same with UNH. Basketball is under the "jurisdiction" of America East (BU is in the Patriot League). In both cases, the video "situation" is tied to the league. So the basketball games are streamed (in UNH's case) from the America East site. This site (at least it did when BU was a member of America East) maintains "archives" so that anyone can watch previous games.

Hockey is a different story. Since Hockey East doesn't have a "league-wide" contract for broadcasting games, each school has to make their own independent arrangements. Last year BU contracted with "Campus Insiders" to stream the games. The video quality was excellent, but they show the annoying "scoreboard feed," so it's as if you are in the arena watching the scoreboard (so you see all the promos for everything and miss any action about 1/100 of a second after any whistle blows), not to mention the feed ends about a millisecond after the final buzzer. You don't even get to see the post-game handshakes. This year they have contracted with someone else (I can't recall who it is until I actually click on a live game, because it looks as though after you get to the Patriot League site you are redirected to an independent site - but it's not Campus Insiders anymore).

My point is that UNH hockey would also use an "independent" service to stream the games. So whoever that it (and that's more easily determined - unless someone on here knows who it is - when you click on the next live game), you would have to go to their website to see if any of the games have been archived. Sorry I can't be more helpful but hopefully at least it pointed you in the right direction by explaining some of the logistics behind the streaming of these games.
                Last edited by chickod; 11-09-2017, 10:58 PM.

Comment

UMassyWassy (only HEA team without a thread here) knocks off Friars, dumping them well out of the PWR, leaving only our Cats and NU Fuskies in NCAAs if the 16 were chosen today.
                  Annndddd out of complete boredom with no hockey (NHL) on worth watching on my NHL.tv I watched the 2nd and 3rd of that! We could use some of those HE points this weekend...I'm going for a split:

UNH 3 UML 2
                  BU 3 UNH 1

Of course, a sweep of these two would be amazing but am being my pragmatic self. At any rate, looking to see if our 'Cats can bring a consistent, highly competitive game in both! Go 'Cats!!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    So I looked on the UNH Wildcats page....I know on the BU site hockey and basketball are "split." This appears to be the same with UNH. Basketball is under the "jurisdiction" of America East (BU is in the Patriot League). In both cases, the video "situation" is tied to the league. So the basketball games are streamed (in UNH's case) from the America East site. This site (at least it did when BU was a member of America East) maintains "archives" so that anyone can watch previous games.

Hockey is a different story. Since Hockey East doesn't have a "league-wide" contract for broadcasting games, each school has to make their own independent arrangements. Last year BU contracted with "Campus Insiders" to stream the games. The video quality was excellent, but they show the annoying "scoreboard feed," so it's as if you are in the arena watching the scoreboard (so you see all the promos for everything and miss any action about 1/100 of a second after any whistle blows), not to mention the feed ends about a millisecond after the final buzzer. You don't even get to see the post-game handshakes. This year they have contracted with someone else (I can't recall who it is until I actually click on a live game, because it looks as though after you get to the Patriot League site you are redirected to an independent site - but it's not Campus Insiders anymore).

My point is that UNH hockey would also use an "independent" service to stream the games. So whoever that it (and that's more easily determined - unless someone on here knows who it is - when you click on the next live game), you would have to go to their website to see if any of the games have been archived. Sorry I can't be more helpful but hopefully at least it pointed you in the right direction by explaining some of the logistics behind the streaming of these games.
                    Seeing how ESPN3 is controlling the home game gig, I looked around over there and didn't find it. In the past when Lear Sports (if I have that right?) or whomever did the broadcasts you could watch full games on you tube later. Not now which is too bad. I'll see what else I can find out this weekend with my people
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Hockey is a different story. Since Hockey East doesn't have a "league-wide" contract for broadcasting games, each school has to make their own independent arrangements.
                      I hope you weren't expecting our boy Peaches too get up off his kiester and actually earn his salary? I mean, he's probably still recovering from the stress of HE Media Day ... and now we're adding THIS task to the poor guy's busy schedule?? With the mid-March double drain of both the HE Awards and Tourney Finals, how does he ever manage to find the hours in a day??? And now we're expecting .... THIS???? Jeezus, some folks sure are spoiled ...
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

An archive of the UML home game is here:
                        http://www.goriverhawks.tv/archives.html

Unfortunately there is a fee to watch, and I've not heard great things about the quality of the UML feeds.

I looked on ESPN3 to try and find the UNH home game replay, and as others have mentioned, it looks like it may no longer be available. Just a guess here, but they may only be keeping the replays up for 30 days as they have all of the replays going back to the Colgate series still available.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?...11&type=replay

Comment

Amherst sticks with together with their own, they've got a hockey thread HERE on UMasshoops.com but that's about it.
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

College Hockey: Blackburn, van Riemsdyk clicking for UNH:
                            http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/171119956

UNH will be without forwards Shane Eiserman and Marcus Vela this weekend, Umile said. Eiserman, a senior, is dealing with a knee injury and has not played since the Wildcats’ 6-3 victory over Colorado College on Oct. 20. Vela, a junior, had his appendix removed last Sunday, Umile said. Vela did not play against UMass Amherst last Saturday.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

UNH 3 UML 2
                              BU 3 UNH 1

Of course, a sweep of these two would be amazing but am being my pragmatic self. At any rate, looking to see if our 'Cats can bring a consistent, highly competitive game in both! Go 'Cats!!
                              You guys didn't get the memo? We stink. #SweepCity
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                You guys didn't get the memo? We stink. #SweepCity
                                Here's hoping!! 😉
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X