This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
    Might be your internet. My feed is good. I’m guessing the distance might have something to do with it, I spent three years watching intermittent coverage from a mere 5000 miles away. At $7.95/game, as I recall.

Agreed. Last 5 minutes of first and first 5 of second have been devoid of energy for UNH
    It was definitely 9.95 for a mediocre production. The ESPN level production for free is a big improvement. Thankfully this marks two games in a row with Pete Webster. The rest of the commentary leaves a bit to be desired. Who would have guessed CC would be familiar with an Olympic rink, having played all their home games on one for much of their history...

The PBP guy will likely get better as he gets more familiar with the team. Assuming he's the guy all year.
    Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2017, 07:11 PM.
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      It was definitely 9.95 for a mediocre production. The ESPN level production for free is a big improvement. Thankfully this marks two games in a row with Pete Webster. The rest of the commentary leaves a bit to be desired. Who would have guessed CC would be familiar with an Olympic rink, having played all their home games on one for much of their history...

The PBP guy will likely get better as he gets more familiar with the team. Assuming he's the guy all year.
      Athletic department announced a deal about two months ago for ESPN3 coverage for a number of different sports. I think it was something like 85 games across a half dozen sports. Huge upgrade.

Agreed on the commentators
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        Might be your internet. My feed is good. I’m guessing the distance might have something to do with it, I spent three years watching intermittent coverage from a mere 5000 miles away. At $7.95/game, as I recall.

Agreed. Last 5 minutes of first and first 5 of second have been devoid of energy for UNH
        Working much better now. Cats still getting outworked.

Comment

There’s your boy, HR. 3-1

Comment

Gildon will last two years max before the NHL calls, what a shot!
            Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              There’s your boy, HR. 3-1
              Woooooo! What a shot!!! Go 'Cats!! HATTIE!!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Woooooo! What a shot!!! Go 'Cats!!
                After Kelleher piped it with a wide,open net

Comment

Hattie!!!

Comment

Wow! 2 years maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
                      Gildon will last two years max before the NHL calls, what a shot!
                      Max. After a couple seasons where his ability (and specifically his hockey sense) has been questioned he is right back on track (since this summers international efforts) to looking like one of the elite players in his age group. He will be a pro soon - and if he continues at this rate he'll be a lock for the U20 team this December.

I wondered often last season how good the UNH PP could have been if they had a D who boasted a plus shot. His power, accuracy and ability to get anything through to the net is incredible. He is dominant from the point.

If you count the exhibition game he has 4 PPG and one PPA, already...
                      Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2017, 07:41 PM.
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Max. After a couple seasons where his ability (and specifically his hockey sense) has been questioned he is right back on track (since this summers international efforts) to looking like one of the elite players in his age group. He will be a pro soon - and if he continues at this rate he'll be a lock for the U20 team this December.

I wondered often last season how good the UNH PP could have been if they had a D who boasted a plus shot. His power, accuracy and ability to get anything through to the net is incredible. He is dominant from the point.

I would say two, 19 is young for a defenseman in the NHL. Not unprecedented but it is young.
                        Go Cats!

Comment

5-2 Blackburn. Hard to believe this will be our first 5-0 start since ‘93 if we hold on

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
                            I would say two, 19 is young for a defenseman in the NHL. Not unprecedented but it is young.
                            It's one or two - and depends on how valuable FLA (if they don't think he's an NHLer in 2018-19) would view a year against bigger, stronger and better men in the AHL versus another year dominating at the NCAA level. For the record the Panthers left DU star Henrik Borgstrom in college for a second season.

What might work most in UNHs favor is that he slipped in the draft...
                            Last edited by Dan; 10-20-2017, 08:10 PM.
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Thank you Bucky...we are more than happy to have him for as long as possible! Go 'Cats!!
                              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                                Thank you Bucky...we are more than happy to have him for as long as possible! Go 'Cats!!
                                Yeah, if you're going to over recruit and pull offers you have to make sure you don't end up pulling the wrong offers. This one is clearly a big mistake for UW...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X