Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    So I looked on the UNH Wildcats page....I know on the BU site hockey and basketball are "split." This appears to be the same with UNH. Basketball is under the "jurisdiction" of America East (BU is in the Patriot League). In both cases, the video "situation" is tied to the league. So the basketball games are streamed (in UNH's case) from the America East site. This site (at least it did when BU was a member of America East) maintains "archives" so that anyone can watch previous games.

Hockey is a different story. Since Hockey East doesn't have a "league-wide" contract for broadcasting games, each school has to make their own independent arrangements. Last year BU contracted with "Campus Insiders" to stream the games. The video quality was excellent, but they show the annoying "scoreboard feed," so it's as if you are in the arena watching the scoreboard (so you see all the promos for everything and miss any action about 1/100 of a second after any whistle blows), not to mention the feed ends about a millisecond after the final buzzer. You don't even get to see the post-game handshakes. This year they have contracted with someone else (I can't recall who it is until I actually click on a live game, because it looks as though after you get to the Patriot League site you are redirected to an independent site - but it's not Campus Insiders anymore).

My point is that UNH hockey would also use an "independent" service to stream the games. So whoever that it (and that's more easily determined - unless someone on here knows who it is - when you click on the next live game), you would have to go to their website to see if any of the games have been archived. Sorry I can't be more helpful but hopefully at least it pointed you in the right direction by explaining some of the logistics behind the streaming of these games.
    Thanks I appreciate it (also to HR), that's what I figured the case was when I was looking...they have a lot of the women's games streamed and they have the exhibition streamed as well, but not the men's games. I assume it's part of the deal with ESPN3 (since their archive goes back about four weeks), but it's still too bad because I was hoping to take a look at that skirmish at the very end between Hausinger and Chanter where it looked like Hausinger threw a punch. I was watching it in real time on ESPN3 and couldn't believe it. It wasn't overly malicious or anything but it seemed to go unnoticed by just about everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Annndddd out of complete boredom with no hockey (NHL) on worth watching on my NHL.tv I watched the 2nd and 3rd of that! We could use some of those HE points this weekend...I'm going for a split:

UNH 3 UML 2
      BU 3 UNH 1

Of course, a sweep of these two would be amazing but am being my pragmatic self. At any rate, looking to see if our 'Cats can bring a consistent, highly competitive game in both! Go 'Cats!!
      Ref, have to say I agree on the likely hood of a split. This is a very important weekend and could really make or brake this teams confidence. Some keys guys missing and a few not finding their stride. That said, they can still struggle in their defensive end but overall look pretty good for this point inthe season.

So UMass takes it from PC! Bad game for PC? Fire lit under UMass after our game? I really felt we played a decent game against UMass, not special and certainly didn't dominate. But when I am not feeling like oh man we could loss this game with one bad bounce....aaah. Just wasn't that bad. On the other side, UMass didn't look bad to me. Their struggles appear to be those of a young team but that young team was able to beat what most were saying must be the cream of the HE crop.

Still very nervous and can't believe the pre-season 1-2 is really this bad. But do feel we should get the split and why not make it a 4 point weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
        An archive of the UML home game is here:
        http://www.goriverhawks.tv/archives.html

Unfortunately there is a fee to watch, and I've not heard great things about the quality of the UML feeds.

I looked on ESPN3 to try and find the UNH home game replay, and as others have mentioned, it looks like it may no longer be available. Just a guess here, but they may only be keeping the replays up for 30 days as they have all of the replays going back to the Colgate series still available.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?...11&type=replay

Didn't see this, thank you. If I find some time I'll take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
          Still very nervous and can't believe the pre-season 1-2 is really this bad. But do feel we should get the split and why not make it a 4 point weekend
          Hope you're right. I've got UNH down for a tie on Friday, and a win on Saturday. Champs of December, after all.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
            Ref, have to say I agree on the likely hood of a split. This is a very important weekend and could really make or brake this teams confidence. Some keys guys missing and a few not finding their stride. That said, they can still struggle in their defensive end but overall look pretty good for this point inthe season.

So UMass takes it from PC! Bad game for PC? Fire lit under UMass after our game? I really felt we played a decent game against UMass, not special and certainly didn't dominate. But when I am not feeling like oh man we could loss this game with one bad bounce....aaah. Just wasn't that bad. On the other side, UMass didn't look bad to me. Their struggles appear to be those of a young team but that young team was able to beat what most were saying must be the cream of the HE crop.

Yeah hear that about nervous! When you start winning you know you do indeed 'have something to prove '. A UNH player said as much in a recent interview and it's no secret that a few HE bloggers out there see this as a make or break weekend for the 'Cats. Certainly a "litmus" test...

Some (maybe many) feel that it was prob a fluke and easy schedule etc that got them where they are right now but I don't quite buy that as the story. Even reading the HE blog picks I was incredulous to read that if we lose and UML wins both teams would go back their "perspective" preseason rankings. Seriously? Mmm okkkkkk.

But there's no mistaking the importance of every HE game from here on in and every point is gonna count big. Maybe this is a 'turning point' weekend but I say there's plenty hockey to be played. Talk to me Sunday😉

Rustling up the Pom for this one and ready to dig in! Go 'Cats!!

Ps. Agree on your UMass thoughts. Can't say how well PC played obviously not good enough! I wouldn't look past the Minutemen...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I can taste a sweep of two cupcakes (yum, yum) by the Cats this weekend, in two low scoring games. 😀
              Last edited by Snively65; 11-10-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Fregona in for Kelleher do not see him on the warm ups?
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Fregona in for Kelleher do not see him on the warm ups?
                  Oops, maybe I should walk back my optimistic post?

Comment

Sacco in tonight
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

BvR down the tunnel
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

After a few near misses 'Cats to the PP
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Nazarian on the five hole....annnddddd UML answers during the goal call...sigh!
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

A good team does not give up that kind of goal right after scoring. A total breakdown in concentration. Now, how do they respond?

Comment

Hearing CHKell out upper body stuff..not sure what's up with BvR being down 4 forwards isn't helping our attack tonight. UML brining their usual methodical game...and there it is...2-1 UML
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-10-2017, 08:11 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                I can taste a sweep of two cupcakes (yum, yum) by the Cats this weekend, in two low scoring games. 😀
                                Definitely low scoring tonight, how's the cupcake taste?
                                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Working...
                                X