Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Felt the 'Cats played with more intensity than we've seen but couldn't make it happen. FWIW dept felt Woll had his share of "look what I found" saves... Chuck I do not agree it was the disaster you paint. It wasn't like BC ran the 'Cats off the ice. But the W would have been nice. Big tumble down PWR to boot even though it's not even worth a precursory glance...right?
    Go 'Cats!
    Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-17-2017, 10:43 PM.
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Felt the 'Cats played with more intensity than we've seen but couldn't make it happen. FWIW dept felt Woll had his share of "look what I found" saves... Chuck I do not agree it was the disaster you paint. It wasn't like BC ran the 'Cats off the ice. But the W would have been. Ice. Go 'Cats!
      Attendance listed at 5572; was the Whitt loud tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Attendance listed at 5572; was the Whitt loud tonight?
        Yeah I thought so but it's relative. Loud when you have to be but not a consistent buzz.

Comment

Weird game tonight. Thought it was anybody's game going into the third. Salvaggio is snake bitten thats for sure!!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
            That was Jason Krog taking the stupid lazy penalty in overtime against BU, which is a mortal sin, or so I learn from reading this thread, where we can all pick out one play and interpret it through our own prejudices.
            So, are you telling us that JVR was a better college hockey player than Krog? That per game, he had more of an impact on UNH Hockey history than Krog? Chuck and I have had our differences over the years but I thoroughly endorse the notion that what a guy does at UNH is a hell of a lot more significant to me than how he performs in the NHL. For example, JVR is a better NHL player than Krog. But Krog led his team to within a whisker of the national championship and won the Hobey. JVR did neither. Ask just about any UNH fan with institutional memory and they will say Krog over JVR, guaranteed. And I dare say, ask anybody who was a fan of the late 70s Wildcats who they prefer and it would be Gould over JVR. Why? Production at the most crucial moments.

Comment

Stewie not behind the bench tonight confirmed at FOH he's on the road recruiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Felt the 'Cats played with more intensity than we've seen but couldn't make it happen. FWIW dept felt Woll had his share of "look what I found" saves... Chuck I do not agree it was the disaster you paint. It wasn't like BC ran the 'Cats off the ice. But the W would have been. Ice. Go 'Cats!
                Watched the game from the comfort of my den tonight. After the first period BC had the better of the play. Not saying they dominated because they didn’t but UNH had great difficulty generating any kind of rush and, in the last half of the game had no semblance of sustained pressure. Of course BC was not much better so, if Woll had not made this insane save when he was totally out of the play,,the game probably would have ended in a tie, which would have been a fair result.

The way it looks to me is that BU, BC, Northeastern, Providence and Lowell are all better than UNH. UNH is probably better than UMass and Maine, which leaves them battling with UConn, UVM and Merrimack for the middle fiddle. But, all in all, Hockey East is pretty weak this year.

Comment

Originally posted by greg ambrose View Post
                  the way it looks to me is that bu, bc, northeastern, providence and lowell are all better than unh. Unh is probably better than umass and maine, which leaves them battling with uconn, uvm and merrimack for the middle fiddle. But, all in all, hockey east is pretty weak this year.
                  fyp

Comment

• I find it interesting that the narrative from the fiercely sentimental crowd jas turned into it being all about what UNH players do at UNH, when this whole argument began with their direct comparison of Gould and JVR at the NHL level in an attempt to minimize JVRs accomplishments. Miss a kick, move the goalposts...

JVR is the more talented player and better scorer at each level - any coach with objectivity picks him first to build either a college or professional team as his skill set and ability is much harder to find. Bobby Gould is still very good, a more defensively responsible player and made a bigger impact at UNH by staying four years and scoring some big goals. They're both good. They're both Wildcats.

Take all the issue with paragraph two, sentence one you want. It's true. Its not an indictment on Gould's career, a diminishing of his accomplishments or an affront to the glory days and heros of ones youth (If you take it as one that's your perspective not mine. Perhaps a reflection of your own attempts to belittle a former player...). And it's my last word on the subject...

----

More importantly, UNH loses again. The bloom is off the rose. They're not talented or deep enough to beat the better teams in college hockey regularly. They can still have a good season if they win the games they're supposed to and steal a few from better teams, but the margin for error is shrinking. A 2-1 record over the next three is all but a must for confidence heading into a stretch of games they need to win if they hope to make the tournament to send Dick out in style...

At Yale has historically been a tough ask for even the best UNH teams. This game just screams their Snively goes off... #irony
                    Last edited by Dan; 11-17-2017, 11:25 PM.
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

Just got back from Durham and happy BC lucked out with 2 points 🍺

Don’t know how UNH could have missed on the 2-man advantage but they did.

Really tight game through out with BC hitting bars twice.

It was anybody’s game.
                      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                        Just got back from Durham and happy BC lucked out with 2 points 🍺

Don’t know how UNH could have missed on the 2-man advantage but they did.

Really tight game through out with BC hitting bars twice.

It was anybody’s game.
                        Well 5 on 3's don't always work out and it was only for 25 secs. That being said the UNH PP hasn't been successful as of late. Wild moments and maybe the game ends in a tie as already noted. BC did what they had to do. Felt UNH was glad to have some players back and this break ( not playing g tomorrow) is a good thing. You guys are gaining distance in HE...

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the 'Whitt. I don't usually go to your place but got some free tix off a friend who has season tix and can't make it. And the game being on a Sunday is a plus. Happy trails til then!
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 11-17-2017, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Well 5 on 3's don't always work out and it was only for 25 secs. That being said the UNH PP hasn't been successful as of late. Wild moments and maybe the game ends in a tie as already noted. BC did what they had to do. Felt UNH was glad to have some players back and this break ( not playing g tomorrow) is a good thing. You guys are gaining distance in HE...

Glad you enjoyed your trip to the 'Whitt. I don't usually go to your place but got some free tix off a friend who has season tix and can't make it. And the game being on a Sunday is a plus. Happy trails til then!
                          I never went to the Whitt until recently and this was my 3rd trip there in the last 5 years. It is so much easier to find with GPS on my phone.
                          If I used road maps I would never find this place in the dark.

It is nice and roomy compared to UVM's old rink and better bathrooms.

On TV it looked like a not well lighted rink but perhaps it is the way the ice is made underneath or lacks a bright white background underneath the ice.
                          On TV the ice usually looks gray to me.

Yes, it was a short 2-man advantage but when it went to one man advantage but I thought for sure the puck was going to go in when Woll looked out of position from his net when UNH shot at him. Don't know what it hit along the way because I was seeing it from the other end of the rink near the UNH end. I only saw the shooting motion of the UNH player but not the puck as I was too far away to see it.

BC's PP was terrible in the beginning of the season and still a work in progress. But I see some improvements.

If you come to Conte, parking is free in the Commonwealth Garage. Beacon Garage might be free too as my friend usually parks there.
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                            I never went to the Whitt until recently and this was my 3rd trip there in the last 5 years. It is so much easier to find with GPS on my phone.
                            If I used road maps I would never find this place in the dark.

It is nice and roomy compared to UVM's old rink and better bathrooms.

On TV it looked like a not well lighted rink but perhaps it is the way the ice is made underneath or lacks a bright white background underneath the ice.
                            On TV the ice usually looks gray to me.

Yes, it was a short 2-man advantage but when it went to one man advantage but I thought for sure the puck was going to go in when Woll looked out of position from his net when UNH shot at him. Don't know what it hit along the way because I was seeing it from the other end of the rink near the UNH end. I only saw the shooting motion of the UNH player but not the puck as I was too far away to see it.

BC's PP was terrible in the beginning of the season and still a work in progress. But I see some improvements.

If you come to Conte, parking is free in the Commonwealth Garage. Beacon Garage might be free too as my friend usually parks there.
                            Beacon Garage is not open to all. Open to Flynn Fund donors only.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              Beacon Garage is not open to all. Open to Flynn Fund donors only.
                              So can you use your football pass to indicate you are a Flynn Donor ? Or that little card they give you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                More importantly, UNH loses again. The bloom is off the rose. They're not talented or deep enough to beat the better teams in college hockey regularly. They can still have a good season if they win the games they're supposed to and steal a few from better teams, but the margin for error is shrinking. A 2-1 record over the next three is all but a must for confidence heading into a stretch of games they need to win if they hope to make the tournament to send Dick out in style...

At Yale has historically been a tough ask for even the best UNH teams. This game just screams their Snively goes off... #irony
                                Speaking of which, another going away smooch from Joey B and the league office in a couple of weeks. Getting Providence the weekend after the Fraudship Four in Ireland. If my math is correct, teams that have played in that ludicrous event have gone 4-9-1 the next weekend. Better make some hay that weekend.

Not to mention they get RPI a few days later.
                                Last edited by Felger; 11-18-2017, 05:07 AM.
                                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Working...
                                X