Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats-The Back Nine and Beyond!

Wyse knuckles one in at the end of a pedestrian PP and UNH looking for another upset...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

Sitting rinkside. Wyse' wrister was whistling.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I never thought I would say this with Umile behind the bench but I'll be honest, the Cats are playing good hockey! They are going to make me watch them more if they keep this up!
        Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
          I never thought I would say this with Umile behind the bench but I'll be honest, the Cats are playing good hockey! They are going to make me watch them more if they keep this up!
          It's a good, and surprising, start. They were better than Lowell both nights and that is impressive (though, thru one weekend UML has some real work to do). The next two weekends are at home against teams they should expect to be - especially now. They're staring at a very possible 6-0 start and if they can take care of business then they really might have something here...
          Live Free or Die!!
          Miami University '03

Comment

All-American goalie Brian Foster is the new UNH volunteer goalie coach. He retired from professional hockey after last season. He, Danny Tirone, and Mike Robinson are longtime students of GDS founder and Penguins' goalie coach Mike Buckley. Foster is also an instructor at GDS:

"Brian Foster joins the GDS staff after being a student of coach Buckley for over 10 years. Brian, a Pembroke, New Hampshire Native, has been through the process of playing local junior hockey, college hockey and professional hockey including the NHL. Foster was an All-American at UNH and draft pick of the Florida Panthers and has spent the last six seasons playing professionally in the ECHL, AHL and NHL. Brian brings a ton of experience and knowledge to the GDS staff. Brian recently retired after playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins organization."
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Ummmm...that's two now. Over 5th ranked UML.
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

I'm blaming it on the full moon.
                UNH

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Give Dick an extension! 😂
                  Dope.
                  UNH

Comment

BTW..HR loves being wrong...when it comes to hockey predictions! 🙀😉

Comment

Wow, the most enjoyable night at the Whit in quite awhile. Hopefully this is just the start of the Sousa era. The team in general seemed to be playing more aggressively, with more speed, and two freshman in particular stood out; #8 Gildon and #28 Maass.
                      Go Cats
                      Former HEA Champions

Comment

Can't wait for this weeks update in The Quest.

Another good win that says a lot about what this team can do. It is up to them whether they will continue to press teams like Lowell and get more quality wins down the stretch. Gildon and Maass are for real and as advertised. If this team could get their passes to connect with a lot more consistency I think they will get even better results. For as much as I rag on Tirone, I will be the first to say he had a great night out there as well. The team effort in getting the second, third, and fourth opportunities has been there in this 3 game sample and will continue to be a key in keeping the ship upright. That first line really needs to get on the score sheet, they are trying way too hard and missing a lot of good opportunities because of it.

I think a good amount of us are in the cautious optimism camp right now, and we should be. A great start can do that for you and now it becomes the question of how consistent their effort and the results will be. You have set the bar high out of the gate boys, let's keep it there.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                          Can't wait for this weeks update in The Quest.

Another good win that says a lot about what this team can do. It is up to them whether they will continue to press teams like Lowell and get more quality wins down the stretch. Gildon and Maass are for real and as advertised. If this team could get their passes to connect with a lot more consistency I think they will get even better results. For as much as I rag on Tirone, I will be the first to say he had a great night out there as well. The team effort in getting the second, third, and fourth opportunities has been there in this 3 game sample and will continue to be a key in keeping the ship upright. That first line really needs to get on the score sheet, they are trying way too hard and missing a lot of good opportunities because of it.

I think a good amount of us are in the cautious optimism camp right now, and we should be. A great start can do that for you and now it becomes the question of how consistent their effort and the results will be. You have set the bar high out of the gate boys, let's keep it there.
                          Great post DB!!!! Agree on your assessment of the top line; and said as much can see the frustration esp in Salvaggio. Enjoyed watching CKell being feisty out there...it will come for them. Awesome to see others stepping up Blackburn doing well already...Yes cautiously optimistic but for right here right now loving every minute of it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Yeah, it's pretty bad. At least a we know Snively was able to get into the game...

Maass finds Blackburn from behind the net, tied 1-1...
                            Yes, I was there, and someone gave me free ticket in the lobby. :-)

I had a nice long post written, but it crashed and burned before I could get it uploaded. Similar to DB62's post; sloppy game, but great results. For the moment, we are all alone in HEA 1st place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Yes, I was there, and someone gave me free ticket in the lobby. :-)

I had a nice long post written, but it crashed and burned before I could get it uploaded. Similar to DB62's post; sloppy game, but great results. For the moment, we are all alone in HEA 1st place.
                              Rats sorry I missed you!! Did you get an awesome craft beer?

Comment

We have BINGO!! Nice sweep Cats

Couldn't make the games this weekend. Gave away my youngest daughter in marriage to her high school sweetheart. A great time was had by all!!

Can't wait to see the Cats live next weekend!! Have the pundits been too harsh on UNH?? We'll see, but there's no denying a sweep of UML is a good thing
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X