This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosstones: Break So Easily

Gave me all the feels; hit close to home.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

I've always hated Oasis.

Hearing the nasal vocals on Wonderwall makes me want to punt kittens.

Flipping tonight before going to bed and Noel Gallagher - Live at the O2 is on and I stop to check it out.

This is good. Quite good.

Maybe Liam sings more for Oasis?

Will need to check out Noel's solo records.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I've always hated Oasis
        They're benign elevator muzak. How can one muster up the fires of hell for a day-old baloney sandwich?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I used to like them. Then I graduated from college.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Noel Galagher - 3/19/15 Dusseldorf

Radio Broadcast

Tracked down a few shows before I go after albums.

Still liking it a lot.

EDIT:

Someone in crowd... "Where's your brother!?!?"

Noel... "What? Where's my brother? Well, one of ems out there and the other is probably at home looking at himself in the mirror."

Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-30-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Magazine -- The Correct Use of Soap.

For my money one of the most underrated albums of all time, with "I Want to Burn Again" a perfect gem. Necessary for escaping into at work to drown out the Hillary poutrage and other orc effluvia.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Noel Gallagher - 12/7/15 London

Another radio broadcast.

The banter with people in the crowd has been hilarious for both shows I've heard.

Pretty much between every song and the crowd seems to be in on the joke and eat it all up..

He's a salty fvcker for sure, but quite funny.

Exactly my sense of humor.

PS - And no one is as surprised as me that I'm enjoying anything Oasis related this much.
                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 10-31-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I think if you go beyond the radio hits there's a quite a bit there to like if one listens with an open mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I think if you go beyond the radio hits there's a quite a bit there to like if one listens with an open mind.

Definitely gonna give it a listen based on this NG stuff. Oasis that is.

I'm quite open minded about music typically.

My hatred of Oasis is rooted in a different (music listening) era of my life and other perceptions that were formed off those radio hits and the press that they were getting for being complete twats.

These NG shows have been a revelation for sure.

Always love finding stuff that I've overlooked coz... it's new to me.

Comment

I've got no problem with Oasis. Their first few albums were good, if derivative. Have no use for the Liam/Noel drama though.

But as far as Britpop bands go, I'll take Ocean Colour Scene anyday. Noel Gallagher would even tell you so. Moseley Shoals. Buy it. Love it.
                      Last edited by rufus; 10-31-2017, 02:31 PM.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        Definitely gonna give it a listen based on this NG stuff. Oasis that is.

I'm quite open minded about music typically.

My hatred of Oasis is rooted in a different (music listening) era of my life and other perceptions that were formed off those radio hits and the press that they were getting for being complete twats.

These NG shows have been a revelation for sure.

Always love finding stuff that I've overlooked coz... it's new to me.
                        That's "twat" that rhymes with "hat" right?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          But as far as Britpop bands go, I'll take Ocean Colour Scene anyday. Noel Gallagher would even tell you so. Moseley Shoals. Buy it. Love it.
                          They're great, but there's a more out there. I really did Bloc Party for instance: Helicopter and Banquet.

I'd also recommend Kaiser Chiefs and Kasabian for starters among perhaps the less obvious known Brit pop artists like Blur, The Verve, Pulp, Supergrass, Elastica, Suede, Ash, Radiohead....

Comment

Bloc Party to me always sounded like warmed over Gang of Four. But I haven't really heard all that much. Most of those others you listed, I've heard bits from, but none of them ever struck me enough to make me want to hear more.

Comment

I'm a fan of both The Verve and Kasabian.

I don't know the others.

I wasn't listening to a lot of contemporary alternative and/or whatever Brit pop falls into during the heyday.

I was certainly aware of it, but paid it no mind.

EDIT: I actually knew of Blur but didn't like them. Funny coz I loved Gorillaz for a while.
                              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 11-01-2017, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Placebo performing "Where is my Mind" with Frank Black

Comment

Working...
                                X