This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

I wonder if LB ever got to put the coke in Stevie's bum...

Without a doubt, there were better looking groupies around than Stevie. Probably more adventurous too.

She was pretty, don't get me wrong, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      1. Everyone thinks their opinion is correct for them, otherwise it wouldn't be their opinion.

2. As I've said a thousand times, every single post here other than a naked fact is prefaced by an invisible "IMHO" and/or "YMMV."

I don't know why you chose to read this as anything more than the rough play everyone has here on every subject. I didn't mean anything else by it.

3. There is no 3.
      1. Of course but I don't think my opinion is better than yours - just better for me.
      2. I'm not the one that rolled his eyes so recalabrate your own sensitivity meter

Gurt - I'm sure there are better options out there I wasn't really basing the choice on Stevie alone. I just <3 Lindsey in general.

Comment

I'm a dabbler when it comes to FM - listen to Rumours every once in a while and have a couple concerts from that era.

Comment

Since last summer I've been to more concerts than the previous 25 years before that. Tonight is The Offspring and Sublime. Tomorrow Ronnie Earl is headlining the Blues for Veterans Association 5th Annual Blues Festival.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
            Tonight is The Offspring
            I'd love a review. It's a band I think "I should see them" and then "in 1988!"
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Had tickets to see them in 2009 when they were up in Lowell and ended up giving mine to my son to take one of his ho's so I missed out on that. That's when I put them on my bucket list. Always been a big fan of Dexter Holland and I'm perfectly content to leave after they're done but I'll be with my daughter and her husband so I'll hang and ck out Sublime with Rome as they're now called.

"Noodles" Wasserman didn't make the European leg of the tour so I hope he's back. They've been on the road for 6 months now so we'll see how it goes.

Comment

They didn't breakout as a band until 1993. Prior to that, they'd have been almost exclusively in SoCal.

The lead singer has master's degree in biochem engineering, IIRC. That's a smart guy singing some mostly lowbrow stuff.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  The lead singer has master's degree in biochem engineering, IIRC. That's a smart guy singing some mostly lowbrow stuff.
                  Oh, I don't think they're lowbrow at all. Like Bad Religion, NOFX, DKs and many rap artists, they pitch both low and high at the same time, which takes a ton of talent and planning.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 09-15-2017, 11:11 AM.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh, I don't think they're lowbrow at all. Like Bad Religion, NOFX, DKs and a bunch of others, they pitch both low and high at the same time, which takes a ton of talent and planning.
                    I have their first couple albums, urr, CDs, from when they were first released. Their singles were all pretty simple and catchy. The smart songs, those with social commentary and such, were all b-sides, if CDs had b-sides.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I have their first couple albums, urr, CDs, from when they were first released. Their singles were all pretty simple and catchy. The smart songs, those with social commentary and such, were all b-sides, if CDs had b-sides.
                      That's how it's done. Use the money from the apes to finance the product for the humans. c.f. Steve Martin.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Listening to Obscured by Clouds

Been stale on my song learning for a few years now and in an effort to play more and pointlessly veg on the couch less, trying a goal of learning one new song a week.

Currently - Wot's... uh the Deal by Floyd.

Always meant to do that one and it's ever more lyrically appropriate for me.

Just started this a couple weeks ago, but so far so good.

Others tackled so far:

Eddy's Song by Sticky Fingers
                        Society by Eddie Vedder

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          They didn't breakout as a band until 1993. Prior to that, they'd have been almost exclusively in SoCal.

Dexter has his PhD now.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            He got his PhD in molecular biology this past May. I didn't know he had quit the band to return to science. His work looks impressive and very confusing to me - probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              He got his PhD in molecular biology this past May. I didn't know he had quit the band to return to science. His work looks impressive and very confusing to me - probably.
                              He is also a pilot and flight instructor. Busy dude.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Holland's daughter,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBLjbFiyL38

Comment

Working...
                                X