X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    voa plays tons of hip hop. >85% pretty cool.
    That's great. Don't tell Dump.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Golden Hour, the new Kacey Musgraves album. It's pretty good. Not as tongue-in-cheek as much as her two previous albums. There's some quality humor on those. At first pass this new album focused more on the music than the humor.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Golden Hour, the new Kacey Musgraves album. It's pretty good. Not as tongue-in-cheek as much as her two previous albums. There's some quality humor on those. At first pass this new album focused more on the music than the humor.
        I think I recognize that name, due to The Current. If it's who I'm thinking of, she's pretty good.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hubs and I have been greatly enjoying the new Janelle Monae album "Dirty Computer".

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            Hubs and I have been greatly enjoying the new Janelle Monae album "Dirty Computer".
            The Way You Make Me Feel never fails to get me dancing in the warehouse.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              The Way You Make Me Feel never fails to get me dancing in the warehouse.
              That's a safety violation. I'm telling OSHA.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                That's a safety violation. I'm telling OSHA.
                Go for it!

And that made me chuckle. OSHA, while good, goes overboard sometimes.

Comment

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Anemone
                  Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live on KEXP
                  alt-J - Breezelblocks
                  Portugal. The Man - Modern Jesus
                  The Avalanches - Since I Left You
                  HIM - Wicked Game. This is kind of cheesy but I love the original so why not?
                  Placebo - Pure Morning
                  Depeche Mode - Precious. Not sure how many fans stuck with them over the years but this song (from 2005) is brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Brian Jonestown Massacre - Anemone
                    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live on KEXP
                    alt-J - Breezelblocks
                    Portugal. The Man - Modern Jesus
                    The Avalanches - Since I Left You
                    HIM - Wicked Game. This is kind of cheesy but I love the original so why not?
                    Placebo - Pure Morning
                    Depeche Mode - Precious. Not sure how many fans stuck with them over the years but this song (from 2005) is brilliant.
                    Got a kick out of the Breezeblocks video when I first saw it.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

89.3 is doing a voter-based top 893 needed songs marathon. Started yesterday, IIRC, it's been rather interesting. They go from 8am-7pm, again, IIRC each day. Now, this is during a donation drive, so more talk than usual between songs, but the songs they play? YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS. And no repeats, obviously.

The top songs are by voter submission. Every voter submitted a Top Ten, and they counted the votes. No pre-list, it was open-vote.

Comment

Outkast on Spotify. Good way to spend a Sunday.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I'm convinced Norah Jones or Hope Sandoval can read phone directories to me and I'd hang on every word.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Norah Jones for sure.

Edit. Oh duh. As soon as I heard Hope it hit me.

If you like their voices, check out Denali. Not jazz but I’ve always loved French Mistake.
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 05-14-2018, 10:47 PM.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’d also add Zooey Deschanel to that list for me. I love her voice as well.
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I’d also add Zooey Deschanel to that list for me. I love her voice as well.
                                Wait. Zooey Deschanel can speak?

Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X