X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    See also: Seven Year B1tch and Bikini Kill
    Wanna go way back hit up the Runaways. In hindsight, that was a supergroup.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Wanna go way back hit up the Runaways. In hindsight, that was a supergroup.
      True, and it's so odd that they went in different directions. Joan Jett went pop-punk. Lita Ford went 80s metal/pop. Micki Steele was in The Bangles, who were either 80s pop (Manic Monday) or new wave (Walk Like an Egyptian).

Comment

True, and it's so odd that they went in different directions. Joan Jett went pop-punk. Lita Ford went 80s metal/pop. Micki Steele was in The Bangles, who were either 80s pop (Manic Monday) or new wave (Walk Like an Egyptian).
        To further the tree, Bangles were a true band, where the Go Gos (stiOIll like them) were a man-made band, and then Belinda went solo.

In other words, the Go Go's tried to be the Bangles.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

"Walk Like an Egyptian" was the #1 song on the charts the week I was born in 1986. So, I've developed a soft spot for The Bangles. They're still better than some of the other mid-to-late 80s/early 90s big hair sh*t that is my guilty pleasure.

Comment

"Walk Like an Egyptian" was the #1 song on the charts the week I was born in 1986. So, I've developed a soft spot for The Bangles. They're still better than some of the other mid-to-late 80s/early 90s big hair sh*t that is my guilty pleasure.
            Billboard says "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was the #1 song the week I was born...not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
              Billboard says "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" was the #1 song the week I was born...not too shabby.
              Not my thing, but if I were a woman, sure.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQulO-hIZwc

They deserved the exclamation point.

Comment

Not my thing, but if I were a woman, sure.
                  Not my thing either, but there are way worse options. Too bad my parents saved sex for V-Day, I had 2 Prince options that year...

Comment

Not my thing either, but there are way worse options. Too bad my parents saved sex for V-Day, I had 2 Prince options that year...
                    I'd take Prince over Wham! any day. Just sayin'.

Comment

I'd take Prince over Wham! any day. Just sayin'.
                      Most definitely.

Comment

On the day I was born the #1
                        Song: "Rock Around the Clock"
                        Movie: "Mr. Robert's

Classics!
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          To further the tree, Bangles were a true band, where the Go Gos (stiOIll like them) were a man-made band, and then Belinda went solo.

In other words, the Go Go's tried to be the Bangles.
                          Go-go's were not a man-made band. They were playing the punk clubs of LA long before Our Lips Are Sealed hit and made them big.

The Runaways were a man-made band.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You are soooooooo friggin' young.

At that time, I was stifling my gag reflex every time that song or video came on.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                            X