This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Another local artist I miss being able to see semi-regularly: Tina & The B-Side Movement/Tina Schlieske:

Don't Bring Me Down
    1992 interview/Curve of a Woman

Her album "Monster" might the best unknown record ever and I say that without a hint of hyperbole. Preview, "Paper Doll" or "Find No Right" alone and tell me you don't want to buy it!!

I don't know if Soul Coughing will ever tour again, but there's always Mike Doughty.

Comment

Listened to Gish for the first time in a long time last night on the drive home from hockey.

The tone/sound/whatever of the drums still bothers me.

That's an album that could use a remastering.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Listened to Gish for the first time in a long time last night on the drive home from hockey.
        Huh?

Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Huh?

It's the title of The Smashing Pumpkins' first album. But thank you for the mid-afternoon pick-me-up.

And yes, I think someone other than Butch Vig should have a go at remastering it.

Comment

Gary Clark Jr - Bright Lights
            When My Train Pulls In
            Oh lawdy

Comment

Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

That Flea bassline in 'You Oughta Know'...

Comment

Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness

Not positive, but I believe it's been years since I listened to this straight through.

What a treat and reminded me of why I liked it so much back in the late 90s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  What a treat and reminded me of why I liked it so much back in the late 90s.
                  Now I feel old.

Comment

It's November 17th, waiting for my food at Culver's...and I just lost.

Siiiiiimply haaaaaving a wonderful Christmas time!

FFFFFUUUUU Paul McCartney.

Comment

Bite me, but I like that song.

Still, too early for Christmas music. Can we at least wait til the day after Thanksgiving?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Still, too early for Christmas music. Can we at least wait til the day after Thanksgiving?
                        Agree on all accounts.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Many Christmas songs are great. That Christmas song is awful. It's the official anthem of Mall Christmas. It has all the soul and emotional depth of a Target jingle.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kepler continues his war against Christmas 🤣
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Many Christmas songs are great. That Christmas song is awful. It's the official anthem of Mall Christmas. It has all the soul and emotional depth of a Target jingle.

Ha ha

Kep and I agree on something.

Can't stand Lennon's song either.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                Yup. Can't wait to see him in concert. Also did Come Together on the Justice League soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7imYeuAfkg
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X