X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Barry White was the cliche, IMO.
    There's an entire genre of clichés when it comes to baby-making music.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Did you have to take out a loan for Hamilton tickets? I'm hearing the prices are insane.
      Friends of ours won the ticket lottery, so we paid face...210$.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
        Friends of ours won the ticket lottery, so we paid face...210$.
        $210 per ticket, or total? I'd love to see live theater, but the prices just keep me from the experience.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          $210 per ticket, or total? I'd love to see live theater, but the prices just keep me from the experience.
          Per ticket. I figure it's longer than most concerts and concerts were attending this summer are about 150-200$ per ticket.

Comment

1..-..2..-..2..-..The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
            2..-..1..-..1..-..The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
            525..-..530..-..441..-..No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
            526..-..535..-..474..-..Otis Redding - Live in Europe
            527..-..528..-..426..-..Rage Against the Machine - The Battle of Los Angeles
            528..-..524..-..420..-..The Beatles - With The Beatles
            529..-..522..-..412..-..Massive Attack - Mezzanine
            530..-..534..-..468..-..Elton John - Elton John
            531..-..531..-..444..-..Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
            532..-..537..-..487..-..The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
            533..-..533..-..453..-..Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
            534..-..536..-..484..-..Merle Haggard - Branded Man
            535..-..529..-..435..-..PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
            536..-..538..-..497..-..Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush the Show
            537..-..521..-..387..-..Roxy Music - Country Life - ish
            538..-..532..-..452..-..Madonna - Music
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

This could very well be another, "Take me to church" like one hit wonder, but god**** if this song doesn't make me feel good.

More from this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYeA...&start_radio=1
              Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-16-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Spotify is a brilliant app
                Thanks to Spotify, I've been able to check out most of what this board has recommended to me. I liked Lamb, Morcheeba, and Sneaker Pimps.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Stuff like this just makes me happy.

Comment

Got our seats for Pearl Jam at Fenway through the 10Club lottery system.
                    Sunday night (Night 1) we're sitting in the Grandstand 28, under the overhand. Not super excited about it since we sat in Grandstand 7 (behind a post ) for Night 2 in 2016 and the sound was definitely not as good there as it was in the open air (Night 1 we sat adjacent to the visitors dugout - 2 rows back from the field. Night 2 this year we are in A3, Row 2....

2 rows from the stage I'm dying from excitement. Fortunately, we'll be on Stone's side of the stage and not Mike McCready's side, since I'm pretty sure the hubs would have to keep me restrained if we were on Mike's side to keep me from molesting him...

Comment

Off to Hampton Beach for Kenny Wayne Shepherd(again), Beth Hart(can't fkn wait to see her)and their respective bands.
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

I don't know what rap song we're complaining about today, so here's Wu-Tang Clan with "Triumph."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRKsKwEdUQ
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                          Off to Hampton Beach for Kenny Wayne Shepherd(again), Beth Hart(can't fkn wait to see her)and their respective bands.
                          Glad KWS was there because it turns out I could've waited to see Beth Hart. She opened the night and I think I liked 2 songs....her 1st one and her last one. Disappointed to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Beth Hart likes to do a couple duets on her albums. Did you get any of her with Kenny during her set?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Beth Hart likes to do a couple duets on her albums. Did you get any of her with Kenny during her set?
                              Unfortunately no. Significant other came down with a screaming headache during KWS set. They were loud and we were dead center and 9 rows from the stage.

Just one of those nights I guess.

Comment

"An Evening With Buddy Guy & Jonny Lang" at the South Shore Music Circus tonight. Never been to that venue but from what I understand it's a giant tent with seating all around and the stage revolves. We saw Lang last year in Cranston, RI and it was a pretty good show. Buddy Guy is 81 so it's hard to say how much longer he'll be touring.

Hoping it's not as mind numbing at last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X