• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

You are the sun, I am the moon
    You are the words, I am the tune
    Play Me.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Had fun with the jukebox tonight at a local joint. Everything from Benny Goodman to Ana Tijoux to Tribe Called Quest to Hank III to Darude.

When Darude came on, yes, I owned it. I admitted I put it in. The bartenders laughed and said "It's too early for this!"

Edit: also slipped in Bloodhound Gang (Lap Dance) and Richard Cheese (Enter Sandman). Yes, I'm evil sometimes. But in a fun way!
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh, Bloodhound Gang. Soundtrack to my bachelor party. I regret nothing.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        Oh, Bloodhound Gang. Soundtrack to my bachelor party. I regret nothing.
        That's actually part of the reason I played it. One female of our group had never heard of them. So, of course.......
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          That's actually part of the reason I played it. One female of our group had never heard of them. So, of course.......
          It's awesome that you chose the song where everything but the vocals comes from a crappy little Casio keyboard from the 80's.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            It's awesome that you chose the song where everything but the vocals comes from a crappy little Casio keyboard from the 80's.
            That's the other reason. She did agree that the crappy Target Demo Casio Keyboard added to the song. Actually, you might remember her from tailgate: Mankato Amy. (She doesn't post on any boards). She was in town, and came to Ansari's to meet up with Dillo, Gator, and I for the lulz.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Bob
              Happened upon this video of Mark Knopfler, Sting, Phil Collins, and Eric Clapton performing Money For Nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CB9OrGZ7-c
              There's also a video on YouTube of Knopfler and Clapton playing this at a festival in 1990. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7PLy2CjKd4

As good the music is, as awful the suits and hair are.

Comment

Guided By Voices...this band is like a modern-day Husker Du.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I've been a huge Queen fan since my best friend bought me News of the World for my 10th birthday. We must have listened to it 5-6 straight times before my mom made him go home and I've not stopped listening to almost everything they've done. However one of their hits I could never wrap myself around when released was Radio Ga Ga. Even their performance at Live Aid - which is perhaps the greatest rock performance of all time (even as condensed as it was) - couldn't sell me on the song. However, my wife is a huge Queen fan also and on the way back from the airport last night I put on their Greatest Hits and when Radio Ga Ga came on for some reason I felt like I had been missing out on it all those years.

Their entire Live Aid show.

I so miss Freddy.

Comment

Re: Radio Ga Ga:

I've heard that across the board from all music fans. It's even hard for me to listen to that song (although you have just reminded me about it, so add that to the Jukebox Wrecker Arsenal).

Related, after Metallica did Stone Cold Crazy, I can't listen to the original. Metallica just owned that song.

Comment

Cake- Prolonging The Magic

I listen to "Sheep Go To Heaven" before I go to work.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Singles soundtrack on loop here lately. Grooving out to Chloe Dancer in particular, but feeling the whole disc. Missed out on the special edition vinyl recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Actually, I thought I would get more Portishead and Mazzy first, then go with Sneaker Pimps and other downtempo artists.
                          Don't know who is on your list, but I'd say Morcheeba needs to be right after Portishead, especially their first two albums. And Lamb should be somewhere near the top as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            Singles soundtrack on loop here lately. Grooving out to Chloe Dancer in particular, but feeling the whole disc. Missed out on the special edition vinyl recently.
                            I got the Deluxe version they just released this year. It's 13 tracks on disc 1, and then another 18 on disc 2. Disc 2 is a combination of full songs from the interludes during the movie, and liver performances from some of the original soundtrack songs.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Cake- Prolonging The Magic

I listen to "Sheep Go To Heaven" before I go to work.
                              Not familiar with that album but the group often delivers. Interesting folks.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X