X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Mazzy Star: "So Tonight That I Might See"

Listened to this album several times... but it's a great way to end a day.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Jesus f-ck.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's old, but was out of ideas, and dialed up the Dan Band Bravo special on youtube. Worth it. So worth it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don’t get the uproar. Just a reflexive response

I thought it was perfectly fine. After hearing the headlines I fully expected this to be terrible. Again,
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I don’t get the uproar. Just a reflexive response

I thought it was perfectly fine. After hearing the headlines I fully expected this to be terrible. Again,
            No. It's horrible. Truly horrible.

The whole cultural appropriation thing is stupid, but the cover is terrible.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meijer Gardens announces their summer concert lineup. Definitely in for Toad the Wet Sprocket and Live.

http://www.meijergardens.org/calenda...eijer-gardens/
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                No. It's horrible. Truly horrible.

The whole cultural appropriation thing is stupid, but the cover is terrible.
                *shrug*
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Digable Planets: Cool Like Dat
                  Bloc Party: The Prayer
                  Digital Underground: The Humpty Dance

Comment

I'm still amazed with these two.
                    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                    Groucho Marx
                    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                    Ron White
                    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                    Milo Bloom

Comment

For any vinyl nerds out there, a friendly reminder that record store day is on Saturday.

I'll be at Newbury Comics around 7am for an 8am opening. Not overly jazzed about anything in particular, but there is some fun colored vinyl I might pick up - Springsteen's Greatest Hits in Red Vinyl, Taylor Swift 1989 in hot pink vinyl. Also interested in the release of the Rage album available (Live at the 2000 DNC); Soundgarden's A-Sides; and Linkin Park's On More Light Live which is a double disc with one black and one gold album. No Pearl Jam release this year Last year, I picked up the release of State of Love and Trust and the re-release of the Singles Soundtrack on vinyl with bonus CD.

Comment

Weird time signatures for the win:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a39fw817EQc
                        Cornell University

Comment

Living Colour is playing the Wisconsin State Fair this year. I haven’t seen them since the Time’s Up tour. I hate State Fair and the band they’re opening for, foreigner, but I have to go.

https://youtu.be/0YAA7nivQng
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            Living Colour is playing the Wisconsin State Fair this year. I haven’t seen them since the Time’s Up tour. I hate State Fair and the band they’re opening for, foreigner, but I have to go.

https://youtu.be/0YAA7nivQng
                            Wow. Just wow. Not just playing the state fair circuit, but as an opening act. Sad.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Icelandic blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOletMMI0B4
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Wow. Just wow. Not just playing the state fair circuit, but as an opening act. Sad.
                                I didn't even know they were still around.

That being said, I remember bands like Warrant playing the bar circuit years ago. Like, straight up local bar, not "clubs." For the LONG time locals in the west suburbs of Mpls, if you remember The Iron Horse...Warrant played there. Yep.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X