X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Thirsty Pagan in Superior WI has a list of songs/artists that will get you kicked out. IIRC, the list:

"Play some Skynyrnd, man!"
    Margarativille
    Beth
    Piano Man
    American Pie

There are a couple others, too.
    They could, you know, remove those selections altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      HEY! KISS was awesome until after '77. And I'll give them credit. There were honest about only out there for the money.
      No, not really. I saw Slap prefers Peter but they are all actually accomplished musicians. They may be way way way down the scale from The Beatles or Led Zeppelin or pre-Glass Houses Billy Joel but they all can play, write music, etc. Gene just issued a huge box set and he did it in a way to make the most money possible. That's Gene. Peter if you read the biographies, and listen to interviews etc. couldn't really write songs. He would bring pieces of songs to the band and then the band and the producer would have to finish them up.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        Yeah. I think I draw the line on "you have to be able to sing", or "if you can't sing, you need to not sing and just play your instrument".
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Lou Reed can't sing. Lou Reed's a freakin' genius.

Leonard Cohen can't sing either.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
            Lou Reed can't sing. Lou Reed's a freakin' genius.

Leonard Cohen can't sing either.
            There are always exceptions for music.Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              They could, you know, remove those selections altogether.
              It's for requests for the bands, or the bands themselves that play there. There is no jukebox.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

If you're going to a bar in which the band plays primarily covers and/or accepts requests for covers you have no business being snobbish about any requests. You're listening to a freaking covers band dude. It's as lame as raging about "sheeple" while sitting on a barstool at Old Chicago.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 02-14-2018, 10:49 PM.

Comment

If you're going to a bar in which the band plays primarily covers and/or accepts requests for covers you have no business being snobbish about assist requests. It's add lame as raging about "sheeple" while sitting on a barstool at Old Chicago.
                  I'm pretty sure that bands (even cover bands) that play there are sick of those cliched requests, also. This is a craft brewery, not your local dive bar hangout for townies.
                  You have to admit, it's a rather hilarious policy. And I have no issue with any of those banned songs. I like 'em.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Just saying a covers band should accept their fate. Location matters not. There ought to be a Bud Light Mr. Cool Covers Band Lead Siiiiinger commercial mocking such a clueless attitude.

Comment

It’s a divey bar. Don’t let him tell you anything different. It’s right on par with being featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        It’s a divey bar. Don’t let him tell you anything different. It’s right on par with being featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
                        A lot of craft breweries are like that. Although Thirsty Pagan does serve their own food (that pizza! *drool*) rather than have food trucks. So guessing they have a "brewpub" license. That licensing thing is an odd thing.

Comment

Back to a covers band getting uppity about requests...

Comment

If you're going to a bar in which the band plays primarily covers and/or accepts requests for covers you have no business being snobbish about any requests.
                            I don't agree at all. If the venue knows who you are and books you, do anything you want. "I'm here for me not you."
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              This should be a Constitutional Amendment.

Also:

Layla
                              Stairway
                              We Are the Champions
                              Anything by the Dropkick Murphys
                              Baba O'Reilly
                              Neither of you included the worst of the f*ing songs heard in bars regularly: Sweet Caroline.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                                Sweet Caroline...
                                Saint Cloud sucks!
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X