This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Music Thread 4: Songs She Sang to Me, Songs She Brang to Me

I debated it. I have a feeling I’m going to get bored before 500. Maybe not.

Perhaps I should start with 500
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      That said, even I can't fault this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDhR1R3S0s
      If you like that you may love this, my favorite blues musician of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrfO...ehrcb-fKSpsrvc
      Last edited by Kepler; 06-20-2018, 07:10 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Exactly why I can't stand the blues.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Ranking of Albums in RS500:

dx - RS -- Album
          1..-..2..-..Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
          2..-..1..-..The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
          538..-..538..-..Public Enemy – Yo! Bum Rush the Show

Note: 38 albums were replaced between the original 2003 list and the 2012 edition. I am counting up from the bottom of those that dropped out.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

dx - RS -- Album
            537..-..537..-..The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - No idea why this was dropped

Note: 38 albums were replaced between the original 2003 list and the 2012 edition. I am counting up from the bottom of those that dropped out.
            Code:

Comment

Mellon Collie was a little overrated, although very good. On the flip slide, I think Ava Adore was really underrated.

As for PE, you won't get better than Fear Of A Black Planet and Apocalypse '91: The Enemy Strikes Black. Some serious sh* on those albums, and well-put.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Still topical, By The Time I Get To Arizona (the descrip has full lyrics; a little off on a word or two, but still.....dayyyyyyum):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRW6K5CvLFs

Lyrics in print: https://www.google.com/search?q=by+t...hrome&ie=UTF-8
                Last edited by The Rube; 06-21-2018, 10:53 PM.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHZbeJ__1NE

Diamante

Haven't heard anything like this that was this good since Evanescense Fallen and The Donna's Spend the Night were out at the same time.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

dx - RS -- Album
                    533..-..535..-..Otis Redding - Live in Europe
                    534..-..534..-..Elton John - Elton John
                    535..-..537..-..The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
                    536..-..533..-..Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
                    537..-..536..-..Merle Haggard - Branded Man

Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-23-2018, 04:32 PM.
                    Code:

Comment

I just picked up a copy of Elton John-Elton John today, an original pressing that looked like it was just opened yesterday. The bass on that is just immense.

I wouldn't call it one of the best 500 of all time though. I think that makes the list just on the basis of Your Song.

Also got a first pressing of Quadrophenia, complete with the 44 page booklet, that is just mint. The best album the Who ever made, in my opinion.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Amy Winehouse solo is an overhyped screech owl, but this is great.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Amy Winehouse solo is an overhyped screech owl, but this is great.
                          Coming from someone who truly enjoyed BTB, I would put the contribution percentage in this vid as Specials 95% & Amy 5%. However......Auto-play queued these guys. I'm hooked
                          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                          Groucho Marx
                          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                          Ron White
                          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                            Coming from someone who truly enjoyed BTB, I would put the contribution percentage in this vid as Specials 95% & Amy 5%.
                            Perfect ratio. Maybe a tad too much Amy.

If you want to mainline the screech owl, here she is. Judging by the arousing funkiness and dirtiness of these cuts, Amy would have made an amazing one night stand as long as you had access to broad spectrum antibiotics.

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                            Auto-play queued these guys. I'm hooked
                            They are great.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 06-25-2018, 02:24 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

dx --- RS12 -- RS03 -- Album
                              1....-......2....-....2..-..The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, featuring "God Only Knows"
                              2....-......1....-....1..-..The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, featuring "A Day in the Life"
                              529..-..530..-..441..-..No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
                              530..-..535..-..474..-..Otis Redding - Live in Europe
                              531..-..534..-..468..-..Elton John - Elton John
                              532..-..531..-..444..-..Boogie Down Productions - Criminal Minded
                              533..-..537..-..487..-..The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
                              534..-..533..-..453..-..Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual
                              535..-..536..-..484..-..Merle Haggard - Branded Man
                              536..-..529..-..435..-..PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love
                              537..-..538..-..497..-..Public Enemy - Yo! Bum Rush the Show
                              538..-..532..-..452..-..Madonna - Music

Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-26-2018, 08:24 PM.
                              Code:

Comment

BDP was good, but not THAT great.

Comment

Working...
                                X