X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Dont you get it, our presidents should be strong!!! They should be mass killing people with bombs and guns!!! The world should fear and hate us THAT IS 'MURICA! Obama is a limpwristed Kenyon...best for long distance running not combat!!!!

These Chickenhawks are hilarious.

Even if that is true by the way Chickenhawks...at least Obama has the intelligence to be able to talk to foreign leaders and try. The last two clowns you all supported couldnt win a game of whack a mole let alone play the game of international politics.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Not to mention, just like with drugs it will be one more way where you will see Blacks with guns going to jail while Whites with guns get probation.
      I'd much rather blacks with guns going to jail than blacks with pot.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        And we lock everybody up and the prisons overflow.
        I knew there would come a day when we would agree on something! It's funny though how certain liberals complain about too many people in jail then want to throw the book at people who unwittingly run afoul of gun laws.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I knew there would come a day when we would agree on something! It's funny though how certain liberals complain about too many people in jail then want to throw the book at people who unwittingly run afoul of gun laws.
          I do agree with Kep that it should be the gun offenders before the drug offenders.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I actually don't care about guns either way and am on record as saying we should ixne on the unsge when we campaign nationally. There are a lot bigger systemic problems to address. I'd completely give on guns in exchange for guaranteed minimum income or even just single payer.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              IMO the best way to handle guns is to devolve it to the state level or even lower. Simply put, guns make perfect sense in the country and are rockhead stupid in the city. 98% of the controversy about guns stems from that simple dichotomy. So let local authorities set law. Conservatives are supposed to be all about devolving government to as close to the people as possible.
              I strongly agree with this, and respect states that have what I would consider insane gun laws like MA, CT, NY, and CA. They should be allowed to manage their affairs as they see fit. I think there should be some sort of federal law that protects people who unwittingly break laws in other states, but it's obviously a tricky proposition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I actually don't care about guns either way and am on record as saying we should ixne on the unsge when we campaign nationally. There are a lot bigger systemic problems to address. I'd completely give on guns in exchange for guaranteed minimum income or even just single payer.
                Didn't I say this months ago? You are catching on, and I like it! Single payer is the way forward anyway. I think fear of change is why 90% of people dislike it.

Comment

I'd much rather blacks with guns going to jail than blacks with pot.
                  It will be both. And I would be fine with it if it was equitable but we know that wont happen so why would you want to add to an already disproportionate system?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So here is a question for our posters.

Two minutes ago I received an email from Rex Tillerson, personally. I thought that was nice, given all that is going on in the world.

My first reaction, since this email was caught up in my spam filter, is that it was probably just another one of those "nigerian prince" scam emails. But, given what we know about the administration, I'm putting the odds that Tillerson actually did send this to me around 6/1.

Thoughts? The text of the email, which I've copied and pasted, is below.

U.S Department of State
                    2201 C Street NW
                    Washington, DC 20520.
                    E-mail: departmentofstate202@gmail.com
                    Your ATM Visa Card Will Be Shipped Through USPS To Your Address I am Mr. Rex W. Tillerson, United States Secretary of State by profession. This is to inform you officially that after our investigations with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and other Security Agencies in the Country for the year ended 2016 and 2017, we discovered that you have not receive your fund.
                    I have made it my first point of call since taking office to settle all Outstanding Payments accrued to Individuals or Corporations with respect to local and overseas contract payment, Debt Rescheduling and Outstanding Compensation payment.
                    This is to make sure all Outstanding payments are settled beginning of this fiscal year 2017. On Behalf of the entire staff of the U.S. Department of State and the United Nations in collaboration with World Bank, we apologize for the delay of your contract payment, Winning or Inheritance funds from most of African Countries and all the inconveniences you encountered while pursuing this payment.
                    However, from the records of outstanding beneficiaries due for payment with the U.S Secretary of State, your name was discovered as next on the list of the outstanding payment who has not yet received their payments.
                    Note that from the record in my file, your outstanding contract payment is $1,850,000.00 USD (One Million, Eight Hundred And Fifty Thousand United States Dollars) loaded in an ATM Visa Card that allows you to make a daily maximum withdrawal limit of $5,000 Five Thousand Dollars) YOUR ATM PIN CODE ( 7250 ).
                    I have your file here in my office and it says that you are yet to receive your fund valued at $1,850,000.00 USD (One Million, Eight Hundred And Fifty Thousand United States Dollars). This Funds will now be delivered to your designated address or your preferred payment option.
                    We have perfected all modules on how to bring this fund to your house without any problem, but be aware that United Nations and the United States Government has only authorised my office to release the Sum of $1,850,000.00 USD to you as true beneficiary of the Fund.
                    Note that your loaded ATM Visa Card will be mailed to you through Priority Mail Express (USPS) to your designated address immediately you admit full compliance to this email. You are advised to kindly reply this email with the below details enclosed to help ensure safe mailing of your ATM Visa Card:
                    Your Full Name:
                    Your Contact House Address:
                    Name of City of Residence:
                    Country of Residence:
                    Direct Mobile Telephone Number:
                    ID Card, DL or Passport Copy:
                    Age and Occupation:
                    NOTE: Every documentation proof for your fund have been packaged and seal to be mailed together with your Visa Card to your address. Therefore, the only obligation required of you by the laws of the Government of United States and the financial Monetary Policy of the Supreme Court, states that; you as a beneficiary must officially obtain the irrevocable LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED from the Supreme Court of USA, as a means to justify the legitimacy, transparency and clean bill of funds from USA so that by the time your funds gets to you, no authority will question the funds as it has been legally certified free from all financial Malpractices and facets. The LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED is valued at a cost of just ( $320) The fee payment can be made through Western union or Money Gram Money Transfer here in the USA:
                    As soon as the above mentioned $320 is received, The LEGAL STAY OF PROCEED will be secured on your behalf immediately. I need all the compliance that I can get from you to ensure we get this project accomplished. Personally, I am very sorry for the delay you have gone through in the past years. Thanks for adhering to this instructions which are meant for your sole benefit, once again accept my congratulations in advance.
                    Thanks for your cooperation as your quick response to this email notice with adherence to the above instructions is highly anticipated.
                    Yours Sincerely,
                    Mr. Rex W. Tillerson.
                    CALL: +1-4242-508-766
                    Email ( departmentofstate202@gmail.com )
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      So here is a question for our posters.
                      Mr. Rex W. Tillerson.
                      CALL: +1-4242-508-766
                      Email ( departmentofstate202@gmail.com )
                      Nice to see Rex Drillerson is using gmail and has foreign phone number
                      How can someone actually fall for this? I mean someone must fall for these, as they continue to go through the trouble of doing it, but who can be that dumb?

Comment

Bumper sticker foreign policy is for as-shats. You aren't that guy.
                        You give him way too much credit Kep.

Comment

Looks legit to me!

(and the answer is old people fall for it)
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gun violence has actually gone way down in the last 20 years and if you're a regular, decent person it is one of the last things you need to worry about.
                            yet more and more people are convinced they NEED a gun for personal protection and they need to be able to carry one with them at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              Nice to see Rex Drillerson is using gmail and has foreign phone number
                              How can someone actually fall for this? I mean someone must fall for these, as they continue to go through the trouble of doing it, but who can be that dumb?
                              I take it you are not familiar with the Ballad of Jerry Koosman?

If you're curious, this is the scam Koosman fell for, as detailed by the IRS:

Contention: The only "employees" subject to federal income tax are employees of the federal government.

Some argue that the federal government can tax only employees of the federal government; therefore, employees in the private sector are immune from federal income tax liability. This argument is based on an apparent misinterpretation of section 3401, which imposes responsibilities to withhold tax from "wages." That section establishes the general rule that "wages" include all remuneration for services performed by an employee for his employer. Section 3401(c) goes on to state that the term "employee" includes "an officer, employee, or elected official of the United States, a State, or any political subdivision thereof".
                              The Law:

Section 3401(c) defines "employee" and states that the term "includes an officer, employee or elected official of the United States . ." This language does not address how other employees' wages are subject to withholding or taxation. Section 7701(c) states that the use of the word "includes" "shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined." Thus, the word "includes" as used in the definition of "employee" is a term of enlargement, not of limitation. It clearly makes federal employees and officials a part of the definition of "employee", which generally includes private citizens.

Relevant Case Law:

United States v. Latham, 754 F.2d 747, 750 (7 th Cir. 1985) - Calling the instructions Latham wanted given to the jury "inane," the court said, "[the] instruction which indicated that under 26 U.S.C. § 3401(c) the category of 'employee' does not include privately employed wage earners is a preposterous reading of the statute. It is obvious within the context of [the law] the word 'includes' is a term of enlargement not of limitation, and the reference to certain entities or categories is not intended to exclude all others."

Sullivan v. United States, 788 F.2d 813, 815 (1 st Cir. 1986) - The court rejected Sullivan's attempt to recover a civil penalty for filing a frivolous return, stating "to the extent [he] argues that he received no 'wages' . . . because he was not an 'employee' within the meaning of 26 U.S.C. § 3401(c), that contention is meritless. . . . The statute does not purport to limit withholding to the persons listed therein." The court imposed sanctions on Sullivan for bringing a frivolous appeal.

Peth v. Breitzmann, 611 F. Supp. 50, 53 (E.D. Wis. 1985) - The court rejected the taxpayer's argument "that he is not an 'employee' under I.R.C. § 3401(c) because he is not a federal officer, employee, elected official, or corporate officer," stating, "[he] mistakenly assumes that this definition of 'employee' excludes all other wage earners."

Pabon v. Commissioner, T.C. Memo. 1994-476, 68 T.C.M. (CCH) 813, 816 (1994) - The court characterized Pabon's position - including that she was not subject to tax because she was not an employee of the federal or state governments - as "nothing but tax protester rhetoric and legalistic gibberish." The court imposed a penalty of $2,500 on Pabon for bringing a frivolous case, stating that she "regards this case as a vehicle to protest the tax laws of this country and espouse her own misguided views."
                              tl; dr: A lot of people are really stupid.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 07-13-2017, 09:25 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                yet more and more people are convinced they NEED a gun for personal protection and they need to be able to carry one with them at all times.
                                Crime has gone down, but it has also shifted from cities to more rural places. It's an individual decision. I do agree that there are likely a lot of people carrying who don't really have a lot of need to. The great thing about America is we have that choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X