This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    If that was true they wouldnt be running the government (all three branches) and have the Leg and Governorship of the majority of states. You can pretend it is cause Hillary and Gerrymandering but it is way more than that.
    Even with their propaganda networks spewing lies 24/7 their own base will eventually recognize how savagely they have been played, and long before that we will have taken the country back by inexorable democratic means.
    Agreed Handy, people don't change their opinions based on facts for the most part especially when challenged. People constantly protect their worldview above all else we've seen it in his great idk how many times from flag who probably still believes in Walmart death camps and Jade Helm despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. So big picture wise I don't see the death of the party anytime soon at least in most of the states.

What I don't necessarily agree with though is that the country got dumber or anything like that (I realize you didn't explicitly say that here but it seems like a common thread here). It's still basically the same makeup it's just that through voter suppression and however many other factors dems just didn't turn out as well. That I hope can be changed though it's hard to figure out whether voter turnout had more to do with voter ID laws or an uninspiring candidate/party. One can be more easily fixed (at least more quickly) than the other.
    Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-30-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

Holy Crap. We're not progressing as a society at all.
      I thought we were supposed to be toning down the hateful rhetoric, after a Congressman got shot and all. Guess not.

Who's this "they" anyway? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Agreed Handy, people don't change their opinions based on facts for the most part especially when challenged. People constantly protect their worldview above all else we've seen it in his great idk how many times from flag who probably still believes in Walmart death camps and Jade Helm despite all evidence pointing to the contrary. So big picture wise I don't see the death of the party anytime soon at least in most of the states.

What I don't necessarily agree with though is that the country got dumber or anything like that (I realize you didn't explicitly say that here but it seems like a common thread here). It's still basically the same makeup it's just that through voter suppression and however many other factors dems just didn't turn out as well. That I hope can be changed though it's hard to figure out whether voter turnout had more to do with voter ID laws or an uninspiring candidate/party. One can be more easily fixed (at least more quickly) than the other.
        We dont think the country got dumber...we always thought the people were dumb. (as did the Founders fyi) The difference was the smart used to offset the dumb, now the smart are lazy or disinterested so the dumb rule.

And before some Righty "who doesnt support Trump" says something about my arrogance or whatever...just because I am arrogant doesnt mean I am wrong. The populace makes stupid decisions despite of the facts even when those decisions cause them harm. They are dumb...they have the capacity to be smart but they willfully choose the opposite.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I wish we still had the "/\/\ Arrogant" shirt pic to post here.

Comment

Joe Scarborough Goes Nuclear

“We got a call that, ‘Hey, the National Enquirer is going to run a negative story against you guys…’ And they said, ‘If you call the president up, and you apologize for your coverage, then he will pick up the phone and basically spike this story…The calls kept coming and kept coming, and they were like ‘Call. You need to call. Please call. Come on, Joe. Just pick up the phone and call him.'”

JoeScar says he has texts and phone records to back him up.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Joe Scarborough Goes Nuclear

“We got a call that, ‘Hey, the National Enquirer is going to run a negative story against you guys…’ And they said, ‘If you call the president up, and you apologize for your coverage, then he will pick up the phone and basically spike this story…The calls kept coming and kept coming, and they were like ‘Call. You need to call. Please call. Come on, Joe. Just pick up the phone and call him.'”

JoeScar says he has texts and phone records to back him up.
              The President of the United States. I hope JoeScar releases every bit of evidence he has and then everybody who has ever been bullied by Dump does the same.

This P.O.S. can't be shamed, but maybe a few of his sentient apologists can be.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Not really. Trumpy's entire game when faced with legal action is to bully and bluff his way through, until the other party backs down. If they don't, Trumpy quietly settles, despite the fact that he "never settles".

I have a strong feeling this method, while effective in the real estate world, doesn't hold much sway in the political arena.
                Bingo. Dump is a coward. Just push and investigate and hold him accountable for everything he has done in 71 worthless years. He has a glass jaw.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  Bingo. Dump is a coward. Just push and investigate and hold him accountable for everything he has done in 71 worthless years. He has a glass jaw.
                  He's been trying the bully and bluster gimmick, and so far it's not working. Comey and the "tapes", trying to get the intelligence heads to publicly exonerate him, all the tweeting about no there there, and so forth. It might be winning over his supporters, but they were in the bag already. It's done nothing but accelerate and heighten the investigative activities, and make it look like he's guilty of something and trying to cover it up. .
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I really think people need to quit fixating on trump and anything he says. Nothing he says will make a difference, there is quite literally absolutely nothing he could say that will turn his people off. He could spout something so foolish and outrageous you can't even imagine and it wouldn't matter. He could say something so ridiculous that we wouldn't expect it from the tinfoil brigade of folks like Alex Jones or Flaggy on their most ridiculous days and IT. WOULD. NOT. MATTER. We need to force the media and the republicans in congress to do their jobs. The whoring media helped as much as anything to give us trump, and now they're whoring away still because all trump all the time still spells ratings. But since ratings is their primary interest I'm not so sure they'd pull the rug out from under trump, if by doing their jobs that's what would happen. Same thing with elected republicans. They're just hoping to whore themselves out to trump's voters and unless they sense that an election hangs in the balance, none of them will do anything about trump. They should all burn in hell but that would make hell a place so bad those already there might begin to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      I really think people need to quit fixating on trump and anything he says. Nothing he says will make a difference, there is quite literally absolutely nothing he could say that will turn his people off. He could spout something so foolish and outrageous you can't even imagine and it wouldn't matter. He could say something so ridiculous that we wouldn't expect it from the tinfoil brigade of folks like Alex Jones or Flaggy on their most ridiculous days and IT. WOULD. NOT. MATTER. We need to force the media and the republicans in congress to do their jobs. The whoring media helped as much as anything to give us trump, and now they're whoring away still because all trump all the time still spells ratings. But since ratings is their primary interest I'm not so sure they'd pull the rug out from under trump, if by doing their jobs that's what would happen. Same thing with elected republicans. They're just hoping to whore themselves out to trump's voters and unless they sense that an election hangs in the balance, none of them will do anything about trump. They should all burn in hell but that would make hell a place so bad those already there might begin to look good.
                      Just read Rolling Stone's interview with Rachel Maddow, really interesting (hey, shuddup, I paid $50 for a 50 year subscription in 2002), and she says the same thing. Don't listen to what he says...watch what he does. He says things to distract, then does things, then says more things to bring you back to distraction.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I don't give him credit for engineering it, but I'll tell you, it really bothers me that he so enrages me with his stupidity, deceitfulness, greed, pettiness, lasciviousness, and carelessness. I really wish I could rise above pointless distracted anger and resentment. It's a problem.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          I don't give him credit for engineering it, but I'll tell you, it really bothers me that he so enrages me with his stupidity, deceitfulness, greed, pettiness, lasciviousness, and carelessness. I really wish I could rise above pointless distracted anger and resentment. It's a problem.
                          That is his "goal" right now. Distract, then do what he wants. He's a carnie. It's a fixed game, but he's getting you away from the common knowledge that it's a fixed game with oratory lights and whistles."
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

When you are told to slow your derp roll by... Kansas... it might be time to check yourself.
                            Cornell University

Comment

thing is, if Trump or some other string-puller were so good at it, they would have accomplished WAY more by now. They have a vacant four-lane highway to drive down, and they've been parked much of the time.

Comment

Parked? More like reversed.

6 years of "repealing" the ACA and they still haven't even done that.

What are they distracting us from?

Comment

Working...
                                X