X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    There's some truth in this and it is one area where Trump deserves legitimate criticism. The media really is doing a disservice to the country by haranguing and mocking people in the administration though. Whether you like Trump or not you should still want to see the country be successful. I have read Trump's admin is vetting people more than normal, which is part of the delay, but I think they were also unprepared.
    omfg.

Vetting more? They lie on security clearance documents.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      omfg.

Vetting more? They lie on security clearance documents.
      To be fair, willingness to lie on security clearance documents may be part of the vetting process.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The media really is doing a disservice to the country by haranguing and mocking people in the administration though. Whether you like Trump or not you should still want to see the country be successful.
        I for one am very glad you recovered from the deep coma you were in from 2008-2016, and welcome you back to conscious processing of the day's events.

I have read Trump's admin is vetting people more than normal
        I think the odds of that are spectacularly low.

At some point you have to apply Occam's razor. Dump was a thin-skinned, boorish, dim-witted, entitled, reactive, narcissistic bully all through his adult life. All of his behavior in the campaign and since he took office is explicable by the theory that he remains the same person he always was.

I'm going with that hypothesis.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          To be fair, willingness to lie on security clearance documents may be part of the vetting process.
          Financial firms deliberately recruit sociopaths. They "fit the culture better."

I can see the Dump hiring process now.

Interviewer: "Did you lie on your job application?"

Interviewee: "No."

Polygrapher: "Off the charts, sir."

Interviewer: "You're hired."
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's some truth in this and it is one area where Trump deserves legitimate criticism. The media really is doing a disservice to the country by haranguing and mocking people in the administration though. Whether you like Trump or not you should still want to see the country be successful. I have read Trump's admin is vetting people more than normal, which is part of the delay, but I think they were also unprepared.
            I can't hold off anymore. Drew, you are completely and totally in trump's bag if you believe this "vetting more than normal" crap. Your posts don't sound like you are an inarticulate idiot so I guess you must be a closet trump fan, which makes some sense because people who support trump SHOULD be ashamed of that support. Do your psyche a favor and just start posting selfies of yourself all over social media with your "make America great again" flare. Embrace either the idiot or racist within, because the rest of us like to know who we're dealing with.

Kep, feel free to neg rep me for the ad hominem attack. I probably deserve it.

Comment

Didn't Mitch do that every single time under Obama? I think he did. Seems to me that because of that it's standard operating procedure for the Senate to operate that way. What you fail to acknowledge is the party in power can change the rules with a simple majority vote. So, change the ****ing rules then. They did for the Supreme Court. This is wimpy stuff.
              When Mitch was minority leader 90%+ of Obama nominees passed on simple voice vote. As majority leader, I'd say you're a lot closer.

Change the rules to what? To prevent any objections? Not sure that's possible in the United States.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                If they filibuster a nominee, a cloture motion cannot be voted on until the third session day after and the interceding time can all be used for debate on that nominee. The senate is in session 130-140 days a year. I think you can see that if you filibuster 50 nominees not much will get done. In fact Dems can prevent the administration from ever filling all openings during the entire four year term.

Blame who ever you want, I'm just saying that the idea that Mitch can just wave a magic wand and make it happen isn't accurate.
                You are right...thing is that is exactly what Dems were saying when the Right talking point was "Obama is worthless he got nothing done despite having both houses of Congress!" Hell Faux and their cohort STILL say that and in the same breathe back up what Mitch says. You cant have it both ways...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They are are they. Care to share your source? Also remember the counterpoints which prove that idea wrong. (DOE, HUD, EPA, Dept of Ed...etc)
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The problem with this theory is most of the open nominations have not even gone to hearings yet. The Dems can't stop that procedurally. It is all on the majority.

The GOP is a complete CF right now.
                    Technically they can and have. Two members of the minority party must be present to constitute a quorum in committee. Dem's have walked out to prevent a vote on several occasions. Not that it's rampant yet, but it has happened, and obviously should they so choose they could do it more.

As to the latter statement, who could really disagree?
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      Technically they can and have. Two members of the minority party must be present to constitute a quorum in committee. Dem's have walked out to prevent a vote on several occasions. Not that it's rampant yet, but it has happened, and obviously should they so choose they could do it more.
                      I may be mistaken, but I believe McConnell abolished the quorum rules requiring minority party attendance.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

You're probably right, but doesn't the knife cut both ways? What about the people who are 100% convinced Trump is some sort of evil being who wants to do harm on all of us? Is that more fair and rational? He might be self serving, but I think he genuinely does love the country.
                        A man who beats his wife may genuinely love her but does that mean he should be allowed to live with her if he can't stop himself from beating her up? Personally I look at Trump like I would any patient with a personality disorder. The guy can't help himself. He has a physiologic lack that makes him a narcissistic sociopath. I have dealt with any number of patients like him. The behavior is very predictable and no amount of medication or therapy helps. Listening to people say he is learning, is inexperienced? He will not change. People with this disorder have very little ability to learn from their mistakes because they do not take ownership of their missteps and do not like someone else to be smarter than they are. They have a very difficult time forming relationships other than as a way to get what they want.

I agree he wants to succeed at what he is doing but I don't agree with the motivation. It isn't love of country but because success is what gives him a sense of self worth. He wants to be successful running a country. I might want to succeed at doing a heart transplant- Neither of us has the skill set or the intellect to do it. The difference lies in how people handle when they are in over their head. A selfless person would ask for help, surround themselves with people who would assist them to do a good job. Trump is incapable of admitting he is lacking knowledge and is unwilling to take instruction.

If you look at it the guy has succeeded in surviving only because he has a crap load of money and has been able to buy his way out of anything he has done. He has more money to pursue the legal avenue than anyone who has been up against him. Have watched him since I was in college- he pretty much legally harasses people until they run out of money and go away. The list of people he has screwed and things he has sold off because they weren't doing well is pretty long. I kept waiting for someone to out it but when they did (I can't remember which big newspaper it was) he said the thing about Kelly having blood coming out of ... and the article got no traction.

His problem now is he can't buy his way out of this. He may be the biggest fish but he is in a fishbowl. People hold him accountable. He does have one brilliant skill- manipulating the media to distract off of what is happening.

As to the comment
                        'What about the people who are 100% convinced Trump is some sort of evil being who wants to do harm on all of us?'
                        Whether he is 100% evil or not is irrelevant. What is relevant is what his actions result in. Take all the emotion out of it and look at what you think the country needs. Is that happening?
                        For me- I say no, it is definitely going in the wrong direction.
                        International relationships- Even if you aren't a Globalist the rest of the world is functioning on that model and we are not at the table. We do not have acting ambassadors, undersecretaries for some places, we have the Sec of State and the President contradicting each other and ambassadors tweeting statements contradictory to the President that the Press Sec says is their first amendment right (I actually heard him say this and choked)
                        Healthcare- we lag behind industrialized countries providing it. Even if it isn't a moral responsibility it costs us way more to support unhealthy people
                        Education- This admin is actively working against it - dismissal of scientific evidence and Sec of Ed promoting a model that has failed if research is believed
                        Federal agencies- people want small gov't but some is needed. Heads of agencies- unqualified or actively working against the agency's mission. (not to mention the agencies with no appointed leader and many unfilled posts)
                        General- lack of cohesive policies, message- every day the President says one thing and his spokespeople say a few other things- pretty much allowing people to hear what they want if they cherrypick.

(sorry- long post)
                        Last edited by leswp1; 07-12-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          I may be mistaken, but I believe McConnell abolished the quorum rules requiring minority party attendance.
                          IIRC (unlikely) they abolished the committee minority presence requirement to keep the Democrats from freezing a bill in committee by boycotting the vote to recommend.

There is no minority presence requirement for the full House or Senate. A quorum is a simple majority, so the minority cannot prevent a quorum on its own.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Well, then what the **** is the hold up? Mitch says it's the Democrats. I don't see how.
                            Mitch is tossing out the standard canards that all politicians do because they know that most people don't pay attention to the details - most people don't know what the details could possibly be. So they take his word for it, and he effectively protects his party.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Mitch is tossing out the standard canards that all politicians do because they know that most people don't pay attention to the details - most people don't know what the details could possibly be. So they take his word for it, and he effectively protects his party.
                              So, basically Mitch treats the electorate like a bunch of morons he has to placate.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, basically Mitch treats the electorate like a bunch of morons he has to placate.
                                Yes, he acts like a seasoned politician.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X