X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    As opposed to the original claim? R's barely had enough people to stop cloture in 2009- it took two moderates to keep things going. Now it takes 8 more conservative D's to do the same, even when they are constantly being badgered and not included in discussions. Let alone the idea that many of the nominees have some serious problems.

Heck, we find out more every day how bad these people are.
    Just to be clear, since 2013 it only takes a simple majority to pass cloture on these nominees.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I think about 90% of people voted for whatever party they always go for
      That's baked into the .65
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Just to be clear, since 2013 it only takes a simple majority to pass cloture on these nominees.
        Well, then what the **** is the hold up? Mitch says it's the Democrats. I don't see how.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Well, then what the **** is the hold up? Mitch says it's the Democrats. I don't see how.
          It's not the Democrats, that's normal partisan nonsense.

Most of the problem is Dump himself. He has not nominated anyone for a ton of positions, partly because he's lazy and incompetent, and partly because he's not bothering to staff agencies and departments he wants to destroy.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            There it is.
            I think if Hillary really got away with it that we need him and his entire campaign staff (from beginning to end) under oath in front of Congress for 10 hours each. Cause that's what Hillary had to do.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              If they filibuster a nominee, a cloture motion cannot be voted on until the third session day after and the interceding time can all be used for debate on that nominee. The senate is in session 130-140 days a year. I think you can see that if you filibuster 50 nominees not much will get done. In fact Dems can prevent the administration from ever filling all openings during the entire four year term.

Blame who ever you want, I'm just saying that the idea that Mitch can just wave a magic wand and make it happen isn't accurate.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

If they filibuster a nominee, a cloture motion cannot be voted on until the third session day after and the interceding time can all be used for debate on that nominee. The senate is in session 130-140 days a year. I think you can see that if you filibuster 50 nominees not much will get done. In fact Dems can prevent the administration from ever filling all openings during the entire four year term.

Blame who ever you want, I'm just saying that the idea that Mitch can just wave a magic wand and make it happen isn't accurate.
                Didn't Mitch do that every single time under Obama? I think he did. Seems to me that because of that it's standard operating procedure for the Senate to operate that way. What you fail to acknowledge is the party in power can change the rules with a simple majority vote. So, change the ****ing rules then. They did for the Supreme Court. This is wimpy stuff.

Comment

The problem with this theory is most of the open nominations have not even gone to hearings yet. The Dems can't stop that procedurally. It is all on the majority.

The GOP is a complete CF right now.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    They've had a 5 on 3 since the puck was dropped and still haven't gotten a shot on goal, so they're blaming the trap. Sooner or later, they'll have to pull their president.
                    You must spread reputation around again before giving reputation to this poster....

Do you honestly think that is a good comparison? Gore was part of the administration at the time! Complete opposite situation for Trump. I'd love to know how you're so sure Gore and his team never had a look at the playbook too.
                    All the psych research they do on people choosing info that reinforces their bias and being able to ignore conflicting info, choosing things that can be harmful to themselves and others in the face of evidence- this is like an audiovisual aide. I sort of understood how people could ignore the obvious logic and have seen it in patients but people thinking to make excuses for Russia meddling? Wow.

The last couple of days of posts have been very enlightening. Paranoia regarding the previous admin runs deeper than I understood and forward thinking regarding the possible effects of the breakdown of ethics and morals (not to mention ignoring all sorts of things that made our government fairly functional) is something that must be avoided at all costs. How else can you ignore that the Russians have been in our business, have found willing people to forward their interest in the name of forwarding their own? The dichotomy between the Senators who identify how important this is and the people who need to pretend this is unimportant is chilling. The best analogy I can come up with is the patient with alcoholic cirrhosis who clings to the belief they should be able to drink because everyone else can. The world should be fair so everyone gets to drink right? They will tell you they should be able to drink. Light beer is OK. Someone told them it is OK. It shouldn't matter if they drink, others do it. Right into a coma and their coffin.

Moral of the story? Obama/Hillary or whomever sucked. They are evil. So evil. Nothing happened to them. They got to govern so Trump should be able to do what ever he wants too! -obviously no one thought to listen to their Mum when they were told 2 wrongs don't make a right
                    Last edited by leswp1; 07-12-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The problem with this theory is most of the open nominations have not even gone to hearings yet. The Dems can't stop that procedurally. It is all on the majority.

The GOP is a complete CF right now.
                      There's some truth in this and it is one area where Trump deserves legitimate criticism. The media really is doing a disservice to the country by haranguing and mocking people in the administration though. Whether you like Trump or not you should still want to see the country be successful. I have read Trump's admin is vetting people more than normal, which is part of the delay, but I think they were also unprepared.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

It's a theory, nothing more and nothing less. A question for you, if you were part of the Trump campaign would have had any faith in reporting something to Loretta Lynch and her cronies? I would have stayed as far away from her as possible.
                        How about report it to anyone...or say it happened when questioned. Keep pretending your BS points are logical though you make your Potzker hero sound like a genius.

(BTW how about going to Comey...he isnt one of Lynch's cronies)
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          You must spread reputation around again before giving reputation to this poster....

All the psych research they do on people choosing info that reinforces their bias and being able to ignore conflicting info, choosing things that can be harmful to themselves and others in the face of evidence- this is like an audiovisual aide. I sort of understood how people could ignore the obvious logic and have seen it in patients but people thinking to make excuses for Russia meddling? Wow.

The last couple of days of posts have been very enlightening. Paranoia regarding the previous admin runs deeper than I understood and forward thinking regarding the possible effects of the breakdown of ethics and morals (not to mention ignoring all sorts of things that made our government fairly functional) is something that must be avoided at all costs. How else can you ignore that the Russians have been in our business, have found willing people to forward their interest in the name of forwarding their own? The dichotomy between the Senators who identify how important this is and the people who need to pretend this is unimportant is chilling. The best analogy I can come up with is the patient with alcoholic cirrhosis who clings to the belief they should be able to drink because everyone else can. (the world should be fair so everyone gets to drink right?) They will tell you they should be able to drink. Light beer is OK. Someone told them it is OK. It shouldn't matter if they drink, others do it. Right into a coma and their coffin.
                          You're probably right, but doesn't the knife cut both ways? What about the people who are 100% convinced Trump is some sort of evil being who wants to do harm on all of us? Is that more fair and rational? He might be self serving, but I think he genuinely does love the country.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There's some truth in this and it is one area where Trump deserves legitimate criticism. The media really is doing a disservice to the country by haranguing and mocking people in the administration though. Whether you like Trump or not you should still want to see the country be successful. I have read Trump's admin is vetting people more than normal, which is part of the delay, but I think they were also unprepared.
                            How is this? the people who are getting in are singularly underqualified and we have multiple instances of things coming to light regarding all sorts of nefarious behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              They've had a 5 on 3 since the puck was dropped and still haven't gotten a shot on goal, so they're blaming the trap. Sooner or later, they'll have to pull their president.
                              Bravo. This is perfect.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                No sweat, I got him.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X