X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    The supreme court decided over 200 years ago that the constitution says that Treason is only applicable when war is being levied. No war = no treason. No one has been convicted of treason in the US since WWII.
    The Rosenburgs disagree from their graves- http://www.coldwar.org/articles/50s/...nbergTrial.asp. We've never been at war with Russia.

And I'm sure that Adam Gadahn also disagrees with you, since the "war on terrorism" isn't a real war.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      Do you honestly think that is a good comparison? Gore was part of the administration at the time! Complete opposite situation for Trump. I'd love to know how you're so sure Gore and his team never had a look at the playbook too.
      Do you HONESTLY think that's a valid excuse?

Geez.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        I knew. Without a super majority in the senate the party in power can be severely hamstrung by the minority. For example I believe there have been 48 confirmations to date and there have been 30 cloture motions required so far. When the minority chooses to filibuster a nomination, 16 senators can come together to invoke cloture, which limits the debate to 30 additional hours. Not including normal introduction time, filibuster time, etc. that is still 30 x 30 hours or 900 hours of additional debate so far. Under this situation it takes at least a week to get just 2 or 3 nominations passed. Dems have also left committee hearings to prevent a quorum being present for a vote. By contrast, President Obama had just 8 cloture motions required in his first 300+ confirmed nominations.

Having a majority in the senate means that over time, you eventually you can get your way. It does not allow you to do as you please at any pace you wish.
        Has it occurred to you that maybe that says more about the staggeringly unqualified nominees than it does about the Dems?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          (BTW, apparently it is illegal for foreign nationals to supply information for campaigns- it's part of campaign finance).
          good thing peter jennings is dead then
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            you compare apples to walnuts
            As opposed to the original claim? R's barely had enough people to stop cloture in 2009- it took two moderates to keep things going. Now it takes 8 more conservative D's to do the same, even when they are constantly being badgered and not included in discussions. Let alone the idea that many of the nominees have some serious problems.

Heck, we find out more every day how bad these people are.

Comment

The Rosenburgs disagree from their graves- http://www.coldwar.org/articles/50s/...nbergTrial.asp. We've never been at war with Russia.

And I'm sure that Adam Gadahn also disagrees with you, since the "war on terrorism" isn't a real war.
              The Rosenbergs were convicted of espionage, (The Espionage Act) not treason.

A) War was being levied against the United States by al-Qaeda, and vice-versa. B) Gadahn wasn't convicted of anything. He was indicted for treason and then killed by drone. He never went to trial.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 07-12-2017, 08:26 AM.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Do you HONESTLY think that's a valid excuse?

Geez.
                Didn't Trump win? I think anything he reported to Obama administration would have been on CNN within a couple hours. It's easy to criticize in hindsight but I think he made the right call.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  The Rosenbergs were convicted of espionage, (The Espionage Act) not treason.
                  Go to **** with all your facts!!!!!! It's the last thing we need on this board.

Comment

Read this about some reporter's tweet, who commented on Jr's EMAILZ!!!

So Jr. forwarded the entire email chain of his conversations about the meeting on to Manafort and Subway Jared. The emails where it's mentioned that the information involved comes from the Russian government, who are supporting the Trump candidacy.

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump.”
                    And yet, none of the three are the least bit taken aback about this news, that the Russian government is supporting the Trump campaign. No surprise that the Russians are with them. It's like they already knew this.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Go to **** with all your facts!!!!!! It's the last thing we need on this board.
                      But Hillary's EMAILZ!!!!!!!!

Jesus, you're a real piece of work.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Didn't Trump win? I think anything he reported to Obama administration would have been on CNN within a couple hours. It's easy to criticize in hindsight but I think he made the right call.
                        So that would mean you are fully ok that they had no idea what they were doing- that getting information from a foreign government that was illegally obtained, and is illegal to use is 100% ok in getting elected.

You are a piece of work.

Comment

No, Russia got don elected, as they wanted to.
                          I thought Trump got elected because of all of us racist, ignorant hicks out here in the red states hate women and anyone of color?
                          I thought it was because HRC was such a lousy candidate?
                          I thought it was because that evil Comey decided to come forward with his emails announcement just days before the election?

Just out of curiosity, is there going to come a point where you guys actually pick a narrative you like as to why Trump was elected, then stick with it?
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

So that would mean you are fully ok that they had no idea what they were doing- that getting information from a foreign government that was illegally obtained, and is illegal to use is 100% ok in getting elected.

You are a piece of work.
                            I think you mean piece of ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

You are a piece of work.
                              What information did they get? Everything I've read said the meeting was a waste of time and nothing came out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I thought Trump got elected because of all of us racist, ignorant hicks out here in the red states hate women and anyone of color?
                                I thought it was because HRC was such a lousy candidate?
                                I thought it was because that evil Comey decided to come forward with his emails announcement just days before the election?

Just out of curiosity, is there going to come a point where you guys actually pick a narrative you like as to why Trump was elected, then stick with it?
                                it was perfect storm. Everything you mentioned contributed to YOUR party electing the most incompetent and unqualified man ever to hold the office.

Comment

Working...
                                X