X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Not sure where Itch goes from here. Keep the tax cuts and get rid of Medicaid and Collins/Capito/Portman/Flake/Murkowski/Heller bolt. None of these states are going to see too much benefit from billionaires paying less taxes, but a lot of people are going to lose coverage. On the flip side, keep the taxes and grandfather in current expansion and you lose Cruz/Lee/Paul/etc. I'm kind of surprised the Senate even entertained a Medicaid phase out and didn't try to deal with that separately (as in, never).
    That's where the money is of course. Just like they want Social Security and Medicaid in a bad way. Wherever the money is the Republicans want to systematically destroy the service that is provided so they can take that money away and give it in tax cuts to their wealthy buddies. Sans defense of course cause all their buddies have a defense contract of some sort.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      You could very well be right. Are you old enough to have lived through Watergate? I think that incident might be clouding you and others judgment on this, maybe even more than any liberal bias you may have.

One thing I think people would do well to keep in mind is that the 'Russians' sought out the Trump campaign, at least from the emails released today. This wasn't Trump & Co trying to break into the democrats hotel or anything along those lines.
      Watergate isn't my go-to scandal, I was too young to do more than watch it as spectacle.

Iran-Contra is, and it was a far more significant (and worse) scandal anyway. It involved treason at the highest levels of government as well as trouncing separation of powers. And most importantly, the criminals got away with it, so it is a cautionary tale that just because criminals are caught red-handed doesn't mean they go to jail.

My bet is Dump and his immediate family will never see jail time while some of his advisers will either willingly or otherwise take the fall and then make a killing on the rubber chicken circuit a la Liddy and North. Whether Dump actually lasts his full term is wide open.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
        So what? They still attended the meeting. If ISIS contacted the Trump campaign under the pretense that they had dirt on Hillary, it sounds like that would be okay in your book since Trump didn't initiate the meeting?
        The released emails admit it's only "part" of the Russian government support.
        Drew is just as desperate for this to be nothing as the most fervent trump bashers are for this to be something yuge

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          That's where the money is of course. Just like they want Social Security and Medicaid in a bad way. Wherever the money is the Republicans want to systematically destroy the service that is provided so they can take that money away and give it in tax cuts to their wealthy buddies. Sans defense of course cause all their buddies have a defense contract of some sort.
          IMO Republicans were thinking like I was, which is the willing and compliant national press corps would never focus as much attention as they have on this bill basically being a giant tax cut for the rich paid for by cutting Medicaid. Usually Weasel Paul Ryan would make the Sunday talk show circuit, bat his eyes a few times and the news anchors would start puckering up. That didn't happen this time so now everybody knows the game. The saving grace for the Senate is unless Trump truly is going to jail they're not in much danger of losing their majority, so they can ditch the whole thing and leave the House holding the bag, particularly the so called moderates who passed their own atrocious bill.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            You understand that doesnt matter right? You can pretend it does but it doesnt. If a drug dealer offers you drugs and you take it guess what happens if you get caught?

The Trumps had an obligation to either not take the meeting or report the contact to the FBI. Continuing to meet with the Russians and furthering the actions (quite the email chain the Spawn had going) is a guilty act.

If you are going to try and split hairs on legality you might actually want to learn a bit about laws beyond what you see on television...
            What if you meet with a drug dealer and don't take any drugs? I think that is a much better analogy.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

What if you meet with a drug dealer and don't take any drugs? I think that is a much better analogy.
              More like you arrange a meeting and pay a hitman to kill your spouse, but he doesn't go through with it. You don't get it say "Oh well, nobody got hurt" and walk away with no criminal charges.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                More like you arrange a meeting and pay a hitman to kill your spouse, but he doesn't go through with it. You don't get it say "Oh well, nobody got hurt" and walk away with no criminal charges.
                Hitman: "But perhaps you'd be interested in what I have to say concerning adoptions..."
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Again, Trump & Co didn't arrange the meeting. They were sought out with the information.

Comment

Again, Trump & Co didn't arrange the meeting. They were sought out with the information.
                    Which Uday said "would be great."
                    Cornell University

Comment

So you are assuming they didnt get any information...even though logic says they did? (remember the speech they were going to give about all the "Hillary Info" they had found)

And again...the crime started the second they took the meeting. They didnt go into it not knowing what was being offered, nor did they not know what they were doing is illegal.

(BTW...technically if you know the person is a drug dealer and has drugs on him when you meet you can be charged with a crime it doesnt happen often but it is a crime)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

We don't know that at all. The start of that email chain isn't necessarily the start of the dialogue. Clearly sending crap directly to Donnie Sr. through Rhoda was already a thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Which Uday said "would be great."
                          What else was he going to say? Honestly, if there is one thing that they get dinged on in this it's not reporting it to the FBI. Other than that, I can't see where they did much wrong.

We'll never know exactly what happened, but one somewhat probable outcome could be that he was just being polite to people his dad had done business with in the past. I know there are times I have met with people I had no desire to just to be polite.

Comment

And they took the flipping meeting. Seriously are you high? It doesnt matter who initiated the contact. What is so difficult for you to comprehend about that?

Your point would matter if Demon Spawn said "well that is interesting, but we arent going to deal with that quagmire!". Then yes this would be nothing because foreign powers pull that crap all the time and they didnt take the bait. At best they could get criticized for not reporting the contact but that is it. That didnt happen though. They said "ooooh insider info lets go for it" and multiple members of the inner circle met a few floors away from the flipping candidate! These werent low level flunkies, these were some of the highest ranking members of the campaign (and family) who, by their own admission, were trying to get dirt on Hillary from a foreign power who would have gotten the info illegally. This is a big deal...this makes the lame *** break in of Watergate look like a bike theft on campus.

I think we are all starting to understand your support for the Potzker...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

One thing I think people would do well to keep in mind is that the 'Russians' sought out the Trump campaign, at least from the emails released today. This wasn't Trump & Co trying to break into the democrats hotel or anything along those lines.
                              Had they ignored the meeting, it would have mattered a lot less. It would matter because the russians are still trying to influence the election.

But THEY WENT TO THE MEETING. Knowing what they were going to see. They knew who they were talking to.

So it does not matter that don didn't arrange the meeting, they accepted the meeting and took it. Just as if you met with a spy agency from China because they asked to, at your own free will, not disclosed it- it's illegal. It's called treason.

Comment

What else was he going to say? Honestly, if there is one thing that they get dinged on in this it's not reporting it to the FBI. Other than that, I can't see where they did much wrong.

We'll never know exactly what happened, but one somewhat probable outcome could be that he was just being polite to people his dad had done business with in the past. I know there are times I have met with people I had no desire to just to be polite.
                                So now your theory is that they took a meeting with a friend of the candidate, who was offering dirt on their opponent (which they obtained illegally making them co-conspirators fyi) and nothing came of it?

Honest question: assuming that load of bull crap is legit, why ever deny having the meeting at all? Just disclose it when asked and make it a non-story. How is it when questioned over the last year or so about Russia not one member of the Inner Sanctum mentioned this worthless meeting or seemed to even remember it? You would think one of them would have said when the accusations came down "you mean that meeting we had with that crackpot who my dad did business with? Yeah we met with him as a courtesy but he was off his meds and we certainly didnt take any of his information o Hillary!"

The answer of course is your theory is a joke, they took the meeting because they wanted the info and they used it when they had the chance. You can spin it however you want in your brain but even a 2nd grader could connect the dots here.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X