Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

To me, media is open to criticism, just like any other public entity. Trump attacks the media (which I think is stupid, given his reasons) it's bad. But when media decides to out a poster it is A-OK? Hypocritical. Ignore the insult, move on. CNN is doing exactly what we are all mocking Trump for, but in CNN's case, it's somehow ok. That doesn't sit right with me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I'm NOT talking about his other posts. I'm talking about the ONE WWE post he did. That's it. Nothing else. That set CNN off, and then they found all this other crap. If CNN didn't go off about that WWE post, no, we prob wouldn't have heard about that other BS he was spouting off about.

I want to make that perfectly clear.
    Can't divorce the two.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Can't divorce the two.
    IF they went after him for that other stuff only, fine and dandy. They didn't. They went after him because he, for lack of better phrasing, insulted them. THEN they found all that other stuff. I have a problem with that first part. CNN should have taken the insult, not reacted to it, and moved on. But somehow, they decided to attack the criticizer and bury him (sound familiar?).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

To me, media is open to criticism, just like any other public entity. Trump attacks the media (which I think is stupid, given his reasons) it's bad. But when media decides to out a poster it is A-OK? Hypocritical. Ignore the insult, move on. CNN is doing exactly what we are all mocking Trump for, but in CNN's case, it's somehow ok. That doesn't sit right with me.
    -They did not out the poster.
    - There is a massive difference between criticism of the coverage of what the media is doing and posting things depicting violence regarding the network.
    - I don't consider it hypocritical for them to investigate an act by the president. I fully believe they would have tried to find the guy even if he had done this to another network. It was way over the line and this kind of stupid is crying out to be investigated. You have a President doing wacko things, they cover it. The only hypocrisy would be NOT publishing the name and giving the guy a chance.

-Struggling to understand your point of view. I can't understand why you don't get the difference. With the way he manipulates things at some point we are going to have another looney like the guy in the pizza parlor only this time the target will be the press and bad stuff is going to happen. CNN would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to make people think twice. NPR has done a few pieces on how crazy it is if you report something that is unfavorable. Do a search and see just how scary these people are.

Drunkard
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Jeez... that "liberal media" is just out of control...

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    -They did not out the poster.
    - There is a massive difference between criticism of the coverage of what the media is doing and posting things depicting violence regarding the network.
    - I don't consider it hypocritical for them to investigate an act by the president. I fully believe they would have tried to find the guy even if he had done this to another network. It was way over the line and this kind of stupid is crying out to be investigated. You have a President doing wacko things, they cover it. The only hypocrisy would be NOT publishing the name and giving the guy a chance.

-Struggling to understand your point of view. I can't understand why you don't get the difference. With the way he manipulates things at some point we are going to have another looney like the guy in the pizza parlor only this time the target will be the press and bad stuff is going to happen. CNN would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to make people think twice. NPR has done a few pieces on how crazy it is if you report something that is unfavorable. Do a search and see just how scary these people are.
    Bolded: I agree.

Right now: Trump gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: THAT'S HORRID AND EVIL!
    CNN gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: YAY, GO MEDIA!

That's the simplified version.

Five Thousand Candles in the Wind!

Why does CNN feel the need to out the poster? Remember, I'm not agreeing with the poster's views, but he shouldn't be doxxed because he posted something about CNN. That really bothers me. The same way it bothers me that Trump goes after the media the way he does.
    Because the guy posted something on a public forum. That he did so under a semi anonymous name doesnt change the fact that pretty much anyone could get the info anyways if they know what they are doing and they have investigative journalists that can research this stuff rather easily. If he was so worried about being outted dont say stupid stuff on an open forum. That is like people who throw rocks at soldiers and wonder why they then get shot...

And again, what they choose to do as journalists is not the same as what Trump does as President. It isnt even in the same universe...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Because the guy posted something on a public forum. That he did so under a semi anonymous name doesnt change the fact that pretty much anyone could get the info anyways if they know what they are doing and they have investigative journalists that can research this stuff rather easily. If he was so worried about being outted dont say stupid stuff on an open forum. That is like people who throw rocks at soldiers and wonder why they then get shot...

And again, what they choose to do as journalists is not the same as what Trump does as President. It isnt even in the same universe...
    So CNN is just as weak as Trump when it comes to criticism, but in CNN's case, it's ok to do what they did. Gotcha. Don't like it. Hypocritical.

Lucia Apologist

So CNN is just as weak as Trump when it comes to criticism, but in CNN's case, it's ok to do what they did. Gotcha. Don't like it. Hypocritical.
    You keep deluding yourself into thinking that.

The internet is a public forum.

You keep deluding yourself into thinking that.

The internet is a public forum.
    Yes, the internet is. So why scream at Trump for not being able to handle criticism, but laud CNN for doing the exact same thing?

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

By the way, you nailed it.

Lucia Apologist

Yes, the internet is. So why scream at Trump for not being able to handle criticism, but laud CNN for doing the exact same thing?
    It had nothing to do with the CNN criticism. It has nothing to do with that. Even if it does, it doesn't matter. It would be no different than someone calling into a talk show espousing some sort of belief and CNN digging up a racist past.

It's also showing a pattern of Trump supporters being anti-semites and racists. For about the millionth time.

Bolded: I agree.

Right now: Trump gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: THAT'S HORRID AND EVIL!
    CNN gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: YAY, GO MEDIA!

That's the simplified version.
    Even if it were directly comparable (it's not, but for the sake of argument, I'll ignore that point), you don't think the President of the United States should be held to the highest of standards?

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    Even if it were directly comparable (it's not, but for the sake of argument, I'll ignore that point), you don't think the President of the United States should be held to the highest of standards?
    I do. And this isn't about the POTUS. This is about the OP's post. Why does CNN need to chase after this guy? Really? Ignore the OP and move on. See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The noose begins to tighten.

So, he said / she said, right?

Wrong.
    Jr. needs to work on his lies, they should stick for more than 24 hours.

Lucia Apologist

I do. And this isn't about the POTUS. This is about the OP's post. Why does CNN need to chase after this guy? Really? Ignore the OP and move on. See the difference?
    I don't think you understand how the media works.

I don't think you understand how the media works.
    I do understand, and am calling them on their BS. I don't think you know what hypocrisy is.

How about 45 does the same?

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    How about 45 does the same?
    WTeff is 45? What I see is some people criticizing Trump b/c he can't take criticism (and rightfully so), but they defend CNN when they do the exact same thing. Hypocrisy.

BTW, just to lighten things up a little, yet cause a tear or ten:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/donald-j-t...ep-4509754.png

Seriously, his die-hard opponents are morons (to clarify: the blind liberals), his followers are morons.......where did the sensible people go?

Thread Information