X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I wasn't saying me specifically. I think we're getting close to time to move on unless something big comes out though.
    You do realize that Ken Starr was appointed independent counsel before Monica Lewinsky even STARTED working at the White House, right? To put it even more clearly, the independent counsel investigating Bill Clinton was in place for over a year before the act for which he was impeached occurred.

There was certainly no rush then. And that certainly didn’t involve foreign subversion of our electoral process and possible treason. Why the rush now?
    I went home with a waitress the way I always do
    How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

• Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
      You do realize that Ken Starr was appointed independent counsel before Monica Lewinsky even STARTED working at the White House, right? To put it even more clearly, the independent counsel investigating Bill Clinton was in place for over a year before the act for which he was impeached occurred.

There was certainly no rush then. And that certainly didn’t involve foreign subversion of our electoral process and possible treason. Why the rush now?
      I was reading a little while ago where Newt Gingrich said that was a huge mistake for republicans and that the same thing will come to pass with democrats. Similar to Trump, there was always a lot of smoke around Bill Clinton; shady real estate transactions, rape allegations, one of his close advisers died in cloudy circumstances. A lot of people compare Trump to Nixon, and that might wind up being the case, but I could easily see him being a lot more like Clinton.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I was reading a little while ago where Newt Gingrich said that was a huge mistake for republicans and that the same thing will come to pass with democrats. Similar to Trump, there was always a lot of smoke around Bill Clinton; shady real estate transactions, rape allegations, one of his close advisers died in cloudy circumstances. A lot of people compare Trump to Nixon, and that might wind up being the case, but I could easily see him being a lot more like Clinton.
        Not the same thing. Democrats ARE NOT IN POWER. They have no subpoena power. No investigatory power in Congress. Republicans ran that Clinton **** Show.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That Newt, always looking out for the best interests of the Democratic Party. I hope the DNC remembers to send him something nice for Christmas - maybe Putin could set a reminder on their Outlook calendar for them.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
            That Newt, always looking out for the best interests of the Democratic Party. I hope the DNC remembers to send him something nice for Christmas - maybe Putin could set a reminder on their Outlook calendar for them.
            Drew appears to be auditioning for the position of Republican Deeply Concerned About the Direction of the Democrats. This role is already ably filled by Fish.

To be fair, he does seem a lot smarter than the current occupant. I say we give him a shot.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What if you meet with a drug dealer and don't take any drugs? I think that is a much better analogy.
              It saddens me that people so quickly are willing to defend the truly indefensible. People connected to trump and his campaign for the White House have committed crimes such as obstruction and likely other acts that were truly treasonous. That you trot out one false equivalency after another is appalling. That anybody does is appalling. Anybody who doesn't believe that if this was a democratic president articles of impeachment would already be drawn up and FOX would be running a red headline splashed across the screen 24/7 that screams something along the lines of "crisis in our constitution" is frightfully naive or worse. I generally refrain from strictly ad hominem attacks on other posters ever since the last time I did it Kep neg repped me and somebody ended up dying but posts like your last few try my patience. What trump and his minions are doing is TREASON and the sooner people like you find the courage to admit you are wrong, the sooner we might begin to move to a government that actually occasionally follows the rules and works for the people that put it there.

Comment

This is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                  That is ****ing awesome.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I generally refrain from strictly ad hominem attacks on other posters ever since the last time I did it Kep neg repped me and somebody ended up dying
                    You killed Pio?

Dude. That was cold....
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Funniest thing to come from this are all the faux-Patriots now having to shill for Russia.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Guys will you settle down? Drew is either a troll with little else to do in life or he's in a relationship with Trump. Moving on...

This article puts forth something fascinating, which is the woman that Junior met with was just a feeler put out by Russian intelligence to see if the campaign would in fact be interested in receiving info from the Russians to influence the campaign, but they didn't give her anything to actually pass on in the first encounter...

https://politicalwire.com/2017/07/11...rump-campaign/
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          This article puts forth something fascinating, which is the woman that Junior met with was just a feeler put out by Russian intelligence to see if the campaign would in fact be interested in receiving info from the Russians to influence the campaign, but they didn't give her anything to actually pass on in the first encounter...

That's a good piece. The Comments are very interesting as well.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Guys will you settle down? Drew is either a troll with little else to do in life or he's in a relationship with Trump. Moving on...

This could very well be the case. But, to be fair, it's as likely as not that the Russian's quickly realized what a bunch of morons they were trying to involve and ultimately decided to handle things themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Funniest thing to come from this are all the faux-Patriots now having to shill for Russia.
                              It's even better than Reagan's people fellating Iran. And even treasonier.
                              Cornell University

Comment

What if you meet with a drug dealer and don't take any drugs? I think that is a much better analogy.
                                I know you're attempting to make an analogy but to inject some reality into this particular example:
                                1. The drug dealer would say ok.
                                2. The drug dealer and his buddies would stomp you into a greasy spot on the floor.
                                3. The drug dealer would shoot you.

I'm sensing you haven't transacted a lot of business with drug dealers. It's really not an IKEA, "I'm just browsing" type of situation.

So that makes the analogy clueless on it's specifics.

More importantly, your meeting with the drug dealer has no real larger implications. The meeting in and of itself doesn't signal to the drug dealer or his bosses that "hey, people are interested in buying drugs. They didn't make a purchase but they were at least interested. Maybe we're onto something here and should keep trying!" That good old drug dealer perseverance...

Just meeting with the Russians to discuss dirt on Clinton shows that the Trump campaign was open to the idea. That they didn't just shut the idea down out of hand due to, I don't know, some little thing like treason. That alone is huge. Beyond that, how do we know that Fredo didn't say something like, "oh no, I couldn't take that information and release it to the press 6 weeks from now at the most inopportune time for the Clinton campaign, that would be so wrong to do that, I can't believe that's what you've asked me to do, I would never do that, I hope no one else does that. I should report this to the authorities but I'm not going to, because who would believe me, I'm just going to forget this ever happened, remember, we met but I never got anything from you, ok?"

That makes the analogy clueless in every respect.
                                Last edited by E.J. Smith; 07-11-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X