X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    -They did not out the poster.
    - There is a massive difference between criticism of the coverage of what the media is doing and posting things depicting violence regarding the network.
    - I don't consider it hypocritical for them to investigate an act by the president. I fully believe they would have tried to find the guy even if he had done this to another network. It was way over the line and this kind of stupid is crying out to be investigated. You have a President doing wacko things, they cover it. The only hypocrisy would be NOT publishing the name and giving the guy a chance.

-Struggling to understand your point of view. I can't understand why you don't get the difference. With the way he manipulates things at some point we are going to have another looney like the guy in the pizza parlor only this time the target will be the press and bad stuff is going to happen. CNN would be foolish to pass up an opportunity to make people think twice. NPR has done a few pieces on how crazy it is if you report something that is unfavorable. Do a search and see just how scary these people are.
    Bolded: I agree.

Right now: Trump gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: THAT'S HORRID AND EVIL!
    CNN gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: YAY, GO MEDIA!

That's the simplified version.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Why does CNN feel the need to out the poster? Remember, I'm not agreeing with the poster's views, but he shouldn't be doxxed because he posted something about CNN. That really bothers me. The same way it bothers me that Trump goes after the media the way he does.
      Because the guy posted something on a public forum. That he did so under a semi anonymous name doesnt change the fact that pretty much anyone could get the info anyways if they know what they are doing and they have investigative journalists that can research this stuff rather easily. If he was so worried about being outted dont say stupid stuff on an open forum. That is like people who throw rocks at soldiers and wonder why they then get shot...

And again, what they choose to do as journalists is not the same as what Trump does as President. It isnt even in the same universe...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Because the guy posted something on a public forum. That he did so under a semi anonymous name doesnt change the fact that pretty much anyone could get the info anyways if they know what they are doing and they have investigative journalists that can research this stuff rather easily. If he was so worried about being outted dont say stupid stuff on an open forum. That is like people who throw rocks at soldiers and wonder why they then get shot...

And again, what they choose to do as journalists is not the same as what Trump does as President. It isnt even in the same universe...
        So CNN is just as weak as Trump when it comes to criticism, but in CNN's case, it's ok to do what they did. Gotcha. Don't like it. Hypocritical.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So CNN is just as weak as Trump when it comes to criticism, but in CNN's case, it's ok to do what they did. Gotcha. Don't like it. Hypocritical.
          You keep deluding yourself into thinking that.

The internet is a public forum.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            You keep deluding yourself into thinking that.

The internet is a public forum.
            Yes, the internet is. So why scream at Trump for not being able to handle criticism, but laud CNN for doing the exact same thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

By the way, you nailed it.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes, the internet is. So why scream at Trump for not being able to handle criticism, but laud CNN for doing the exact same thing?
                It had nothing to do with the CNN criticism. It has nothing to do with that. Even if it does, it doesn't matter. It would be no different than someone calling into a talk show espousing some sort of belief and CNN digging up a racist past.

It's also showing a pattern of Trump supporters being anti-semites and racists. For about the millionth time.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Bolded: I agree.

Right now: Trump gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: THAT'S HORRID AND EVIL!
                  CNN gets all pouty about bad media comments, attacks. The People: YAY, GO MEDIA!

That's the simplified version.
                  Even if it were directly comparable (it's not, but for the sake of argument, I'll ignore that point), you don't think the President of the United States should be held to the highest of standards?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Even if it were directly comparable (it's not, but for the sake of argument, I'll ignore that point), you don't think the President of the United States should be held to the highest of standards?
                    I do. And this isn't about the POTUS. This is about the OP's post. Why does CNN need to chase after this guy? Really? Ignore the OP and move on. See the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      The noose begins to tighten.

So, he said / she said, right?

Wrong.
                      Jr. needs to work on his lies, they should stick for more than 24 hours.

Comment

I do. And this isn't about the POTUS. This is about the OP's post. Why does CNN need to chase after this guy? Really? Ignore the OP and move on. See the difference?
                        I don't think you understand how the media works.
                        Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          I don't think you understand how the media works.
                          I do understand, and am calling them on their BS. I don't think you know what hypocrisy is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            How about 45 does the same?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              How about 45 does the same?
                              WTeff is 45? What I see is some people criticizing Trump b/c he can't take criticism (and rightfully so), but they defend CNN when they do the exact same thing. Hypocrisy.

Comment

BTW, just to lighten things up a little, yet cause a tear or ten:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/donald-j-t...ep-4509754.png

Seriously, his die-hard opponents are morons (to clarify: the blind liberals), his followers are morons.......where did the sensible people go?

Comment

Working...
                                X