X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    The Rosenbergs were convicted of espionage, (The Espionage Act) not treason.

A) War was being levied against the United States by al-Qaeda, and vice-versa. B) Gadahn wasn't convicted of anything. He was indicted for treason and then killed by drone. He never went to trial.
    Ok, given HOW the russian information was gotten- quite illegally. And that jr had every intention of using that against Secretary Clinton- I'd still call it applicable.

Unless you are ok with the russians hacking into our governmental systems, after all. Then what they did was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      What information did they get? Everything I've read said the meeting was a waste of time and nothing came out of it.
      Again, THAT DOES NOT MATTER. Jr went into the meeting expecting to see sensitive information, as that is what he was told he would get.

Back to your drug dealer thing- if you want to a drug deal, expecting to get some coke to sell, but got powered sugar- does that make it ok for you??? I don't think so.

Still- all of the "excuses" that it was nothing were coming from today- which are very much downplaying the situation. And, for some reason, since you guy won, you buy it hook, line, and sinker.

The entire intelligence community thinks that all of the wiki-leaks documents came from the russians. None of which they got legally.

We also see the curiously timed speeches that don made right after this meeting talking about bad information about Secretary Clinton. So for you to pretend that they got nothing is cute. But you should stop pretending.

Unless I'm supposed to get used to calling you commrade.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I thought Trump got elected because of all of us racist, ignorant hicks out here in the red states hate women and anyone of color?
        I thought it was because HRC was such a lousy candidate?
        I thought it was because that evil Comey decided to come forward with his emails announcement just days before the election?

Just out of curiosity, is there going to come a point where you guys actually pick a narrative you like as to why Trump was elected, then stick with it?
        Ok, run with that. Good luck.

That's not what I meant, as it was a narrative of what Russia got out of a situation.

But if you want to twist the current story in a different direction, have at it. I'll keep focusing on the idea that a foreign power tried to influence our election. Which is supposed to be a bad thing. Maybe I missed a memo or a proclamation that makes us want to be like another country.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Again, THAT DOES NOT MATTER. Jr went into the meeting expecting to see sensitive information, as that is what he was told he would get.

Back to your drug dealer thing- if you want to a drug deal, expecting to get some coke to sell, but got powered sugar- does that make it ok for you??? I don't think so.

Still- all of the "excuses" that it was nothing were coming from today- which are very much downplaying the situation. And, for some reason, since you guy won, you buy it hook, line, and sinker.

The entire intelligence community thinks that all of the wiki-leaks documents came from the russians. None of which they got legally.

We also see the curiously timed speeches that don made right after this meeting talking about bad information about Secretary Clinton. So for you to pretend that they got nothing is cute. But you should stop pretending.

You're making your own narrative. Great, I love it, etc are all throwaway lines. You have no clue what his intentions or motivations were.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

Drew probably thinks Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning should be in jail but none the less the constant shifting of goal posts by the right is hilarious at this point. They pulled the same crap with Bush too and most still won't admit that we went to war in Iraq under false pretenses but this is a whole nother level.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            You have no clue what his intentions or motivations were.
            You obviously don't know what occam's razor is or do and are going full Flaggy right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Drew probably thinks Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning should be in jail but none the less the constant shifting of goal posts by the right is hilarious at this point. They pulled the same crap with Bush too and most still won't admit that we went to war in Iraq under false pretenses but this is a whole nother level.

You obviously don't know what occam's razor is or do and are going full Flaggy right now.
              It's funny you should mention Iraq. That was obviously a huge disaster and huge waste of money. So what does Obama do? He helps bin a bunch of other leaders in the region and create more chaos over there. Those that don't learn from history...

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAH the classic Obama deflection now. Seriously is there anything the right has other than shifting goal posts and false equivalencies? It's like arguing with young children good god...

Comment

Ok, run with that. Good luck.

That's not what I meant, as it was a narrative of what Russia got out of a situation.

But if you want to twist the current story in a different direction, have at it. I'll keep focusing on the idea that a foreign power tried to influence our election. Which is supposed to be a bad thing. Maybe I missed a memo or a proclamation that makes us want to be like another country.
                  Oh, I have no doubt Russia wanted to influence the election, and even tried to influence the election. But you wrote that Russia got Trump elected. I was just checking to see if that meant we midwesterners, Comey and HRC were now off the hook.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Looks like The Family and their surrogates are going for "nothing to see here, move along."

I'm surprised they haven't come out with some sort of invented counter-punch just to muddy the waters. That's more Dump's style.

Smirconish noted this morning that Kasowitz was not included in the hours-long meeting on Air Force One that resulted in the original denial that was so incomplete it led to three more days of slow bleed out culminating in Uday being forced to release the email chain. Part of the issue is the WH does not think Kasowitz can get a security clearance, even with their sponsorship.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ok, given HOW the russian information was gotten- quite illegally. And that jr had every intention of using that against Secretary Clinton- I'd still call it applicable.

Unless you are ok with the russians hacking into our governmental systems, after all. Then what they did was ok.
                      Nobody is saying what they did was okay (or at least, I'm not saying what they did was okay...indeed, I said in each of my posts what they did may very well may be (and likely is) criminal). But, it simply is not treason. As an attorney, who has some experience practicing in this area, no prosecutor would bring charges of treason for what occurred. It would almost be malpractice to do so.

Again, and I want to stress this because it doesn't seem that you are picking up on it, I'm not saying that what they did was okay, or even legal. However, treason is not an applicable charge to this situation.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Looks like The Family and their surrogates are going for "nothing to see here, move along."

I'm surprised they haven't come out with some sort of invented counter-punch just to muddy the waters. That's more Dump's style.

Smirconish noted this morning that Kasowitz was not included in the hours-long meeting on Air Force One that resulted in the original denial that was so incomplete it led to three more days of slow bleed out culminating in Uday being forced to release the email chain. Part of the issue is the WH does not think Kasowitz can get a security clearance, even with their sponsorship.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Oh, I have no doubt Russia wanted to influence the election, and even tried to influence the election. But you wrote that Russia got Trump elected. I was just checking to see if that meant we midwesterners, Comey and HRC were now off the hook.
                          Well everyone who had any part in it should be embarrassed.

But the formula looks like a sum of all those things with weighted coefficients. My current estimate:

.65 rubes cutting off their nose to spite their face
                          .15 Hillary was a sh-tty candidate
                          .10 Comey's curious timing
                          .05 overconfident / overly choosy Dems
                          .03 Dump chumps run by Russian operators
                          .02 else

Given we only needed a few thousand votes in a couple states, the "decisive" margin is only about .02, so any of those things can claim it
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

There it is.
                            Cornell University

Comment

The purported information was to be on Hillary's campaign being illegally financed by factions within the Russian Government. (This was at a time when Trump/Russia did not really exist, but oddly, Hillary/Russia did exist through allegations about funding of the Clinton Foundation.) IF that is the nature of the info promised, (which is what has been stated by all parties) it would not be, at that time, info that was presumed to be illegally obtained as far as the US is concerned. It would presumably be info provided by some Russians about other Russian's activities.

The Gore comparison differs in that A) Gore actually obtained something tangible. B) It would be clear that the book they obtained was stolen property. Not returning it would open them up for legal consequences should it come to light later. Trump apparently obtained nothing tangible. Had they obtained the actual information that was proposed to them, I can't think of any reason they could possibly have for not turning it over to the authorities. It wouldn't preclude them from using it, and it would put additional investigative pressure on the Clinton campaign that surely could and would be leaked. And sitting on it would open them up to legal consequences that even they in their general incompetence would be aware of.

And lastly there are a lot of things I'm not ok with that are not illegal actions. I'm not ok with gopher hockey for example. Unless you are suggesting I can apply the death penalty to gopher hockey because I'm not ok with it?

...umm... well then perhaps you do have a good point. I will reconsider!
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Well everyone who had any part in it should be embarrassed.

But the formula looks like a sum of all those things with weighted coefficients. My current estimate:

.65 rubes cutting off their nose to spite their face
                                .15 Hillary was a sh-tty candidate
                                .10 Comey's curious timing
                                .05 overconfident / overly choosy Dems
                                .03 Dump chumps run by Russian operators
                                .02 else

Given we only needed a few thousand votes in a couple states, the "decisive" margin is only about .02, so any of those things can claim it
                                I think about 90% of people voted for whatever party they always go for and maybe 10% changed for a variety of reasons. The Bernie stuff probably made as big of difference as anything else(in the states that cost her the election.)

Comment

Working...
                                X