Holy Cross and Sacred Heart Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    I think that is spot on, they don't dive very deep when recruiting for the girls. You don't have to look far to realize that if you live in the Boston or Minnesota areas you stand a pretty good chance of being recruited. That includes the Canadian players that are proximal to those teams. Just look at the Commitments page for the NCAA. (Is this the best source for following commitments?) Assuming most of the recruits come from the 16U programs, if you look at the top 4 ranked teams, nearly every girl on those teams has a commitment. Yet, go a bit further down the list and look at the National Champion and they have only two committed. Seems a bit low and maybe recruiters need to dive a little deeper into the pool.
    I agree & hope that head of recruiting for Holy Cross looks beyond New England for recruits. There is plenty of talent further west & Holy Cross is a terrific school (my son happens to be committed there for another sport so I've heard all the sales pitches &#128521 That said, recruiting is a two-way street. While it's true that girls on the top 5 big-name AAA teams get a lot of exposure, it is up to the player (and her parents) to make the extra effort of visiting campuses (on campus summer prospect camps are becoming more important in recruiting, a D1 coach told me recently), doing summer showcases, communicating with coaches, etc. And of course, grades play a big role at a higher level academic school. Should be interesting to watch Holy Cross put their team together- best of luck to them!

Comment

Re: Holy Cross and Sacred Heart Programs

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
      There is a posting for an Associate Head Coach at Holy Cross. I don't see anything for a Head Coach.
      Holy Cross announced today that former BU assistant Katie Lachapelle is the new associate head coach. Given Katie's experience at BU and with the U-18 national team, I think she can definitely help HC recruit the players it needs to be competitive in WHEA.

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211652108
      "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

"Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Arafel View Post
        Holy Cross announced today that former BU assistant Katie Lachapelle is the new associate head coach. Given Katie's experience at BU and with the U-18 national team, I think she can definitely help HC recruit the players it needs to be competitive in WHEA.

http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211652108
        She's almost certainly the next head coach. Van Buskirk is around 70 years old and will certainly be retiring soon. She's a high profile hire.

Bad summer for BU - lose both LONG time assistant coaches

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
          She's almost certainly the next head coach. Van Buskirk is around 70 years old and will certainly be retiring soon. She's a high profile hire.

Bad summer for BU - lose both LONG time assistant coaches
          Agreed. Something tells me there is a plan of succession afoot in near future. Very smart, good hire for Holy Cross to elevate its program to the next level.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Agreed. Something tells me there is a plan of succession afoot in near future. Very smart, good hire for Holy Cross to elevate its program to the next level.
            It does look like great forethought on the ADs part, heck even the web pages are updated with the proper coaches. Sign of an athletic dept on the ball and actually following thru, no interim coaching labels, making a decision, sticking by it and actually giving a s##t.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
              It does look like great forethought on the ADs part, heck even the web pages are updated with the proper coaches. Sign of an athletic dept on the ball and actually following thru, no interim coaching labels, making a decision, sticking by it and actually giving a s##t.
              The HC athletic department is historically very well run/managed. No surprise that they thought this through and acted in a smart and forward looking manner.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                The HC athletic department is historically very well run/managed. No surprise that they thought this through and acted in a smart and forward looking manner.
                Seems very evident and obviously gives women's hockey clear signal of importance.

Comment

It really is good to see Holy Cross moving in the right direction. They have posted their first recruit on the NCAA website and I can tell you that she is an excellent player, having seen her play for several years now. With the Beantown tournament coming up in a few days maybe the new Assistant Coach can find a few overlooked players and continue to move that program into a competitive one at the D1 level.

Comment

WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) -- The College of the Holy Cross says it will stop using the image of a knight as a logo and mascot even though trustees last month decided to keep the nickname Crusaders for its athletic teams.
                    The president of the Worcester (WUS'-tur), Massachusetts, Jesuit college, the Rev. Philip Boroughs, wrote in a letter to students, alumni and staff Wednesday the depiction of a knight with the moniker Crusader is an inevitable reminder of the religious wars and violence that marked the Crusades.
                    Boroughs says such imagery "stands in contrast" to the college's stated values" but notes the word "crusader," in its modern sense, means someone who stands for positive principles.
                    In place of a knight, Holy Cross will use an interlocking HC on a purple shield as its primary logo.
                    St. Norbert College Green Knights
                    NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                    NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                    NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    ---
                    SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                      Worcester (WUS'-tur)
                      That's hilarious
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Worcester (WUS'-tur)

That's hilarious
                        Oh-kay, that's helpful for us in Min-e-SOOOO-Tah, dont ya know.

You betcha!

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                          WORCESTER, Mass. (AP) -- The College of the Holy Cross says it will stop using the image of a knight as a logo and mascot even though trustees last month decided to keep the nickname Crusaders for its athletic teams.
                          The president of the Worcester (WUS'-tur), Massachusetts, Jesuit college, the Rev. Philip Boroughs, wrote in a letter to students, alumni and staff Wednesday the depiction of a knight with the moniker Crusader is an inevitable reminder of the religious wars and violence that marked the Crusades.
                          Boroughs says such imagery "stands in contrast" to the college's stated values" but notes the word "crusader," in its modern sense, means someone who stands for positive principles.
                          In place of a knight, Holy Cross will use an interlocking HC on a purple shield as its primary logo.
                          just another case of 2 or 3 "offended" *******s ruining years of tradition. pretty soon all mascots that aren't wimpy enough for the snowflakes will be a distant memory.
                          pu$$ies are now running the show in these places. GOD help us all. even the wimps that are offended.

Comment

maybe the Schultz estate can make up some Peanuts logo for the little pu$$ies

Comment

Idk the Crusades were pretty bad lol... I would imagine you would have a problem with a college team naming themselves ISIS.

/Sprints away from thread
                              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 03-15-2018, 04:13 PM.
                              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Idk the Crusades were pretty bad lol... I would imagine you would have a problem with a college team naming themselves ISIS.

/Sprints away from thread
                                I'm more frustrated by what word gets chosen to use as an insulting euphemism for "weak" on a board about women's hockey.

Comment

Working...
                                X