Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

1.85 goals per game (conference) and 1.90 goals per game (overall) simply isn't going to win you many games. 12 of the 38 goals scored have been scored by D-men. Picard only has scored goals in 2 out of 20 games. Who is going to turn this around???

Comment

Originally posted by kool99 View Post
      1.85 goals per game (conference) and 1.90 goals per game (overall) simply isn't going to win you many games. 12 of the 38 goals scored have been scored by D-men. Picard only has scored goals in 2 out of 20 games. Who is going to turn this around???
      Maybe OOC games will boost the confidence and get them on a roll........???

Comment

Originally posted by GreenCat View Post
        Maybe OOC games will boost the confidence and get them on a roll........???
        Gotta love an eternal optimist!

Comment

What the bloody hell is going on
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Hey, I'll give Vermont credit. They have capitalized on their chances and played well defensively.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Hey, I'll give Vermont credit. They have capitalized on their chances and played well defensively.
              When they're on this team can play with anyone. I tend to be more optimistic than most, but even I didn't see this coming...

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Gophers made it interesting...but that's a huge W.

Congratulations to Coach Plumer...that's win #71 which lifts him into first all-time in UVM women's hockey history.

Comment

Congratulations to the Catamounts; they battled hard. Minnesota? I think they tried to try hard.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I think they tried to try hard.
                    As opposed to "they tried too hard"?
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Congratulations to the Catamounts; they battled hard. Minnesota? I think they tried to try hard.
                      For Minnesota, I thought you were going to say they hardly battled. The previous line was the perfect setup for that.

Comment

Minny has a goaltending problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

Congratulations to Coach Plumer...that's win #71 which lifts him into first all-time in UVM women's hockey history.
                          Not bad, only took him 8 seasons? In the U19 recruiting scene, Plummer is considered a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                            Not bad, only took him 8 seasons? In the U19 recruiting scene, Plummer is considered a joke.
                            And why is that? Or is this a sour grapes post for whatever reasons you may have (your intentional misspelling of his name suggests personal reasons)? I'm very interested to read your reasons. And if it is true, I have to believe he's not the only coach in that same boat.
                            Last edited by shelfit; 01-13-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

Your team are pretty good shooters..they scored on their 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th shots! When they didn't score on their 10th, I thought maybe we might be able to pull it out

Congrats, the Catamounts played a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                                It took Plumer five and a half. It took Miller 10. And the program was in shambles when Plumer took over. Bothwell won double digit games ONCE in his six seasons and Miller did it twice in eight D1 years. Plumer's already got both of them beat. And UVM usually schedules tough. In OOC this year we played Clarkson, Minnesota, and a road set with Quinnipiac who is very good on home ice. And last year the team was just a double OT goal away from the Hockey East final and given that they didn't lose to Northeastern in the regular season they could've taken them in the final.

He's not a perfect coach - no one is - but it is undeniable that the program is going in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X