Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

  1. #1
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    No thread last year, figured I'd start one for this season bright and early.

    Recruits are out:

    G Sierra Natzke
    D Taylor Flaherty - Transfer from North Dakota
    D Greta Close
    D/F Anna Erickson
    F Valerie Caldwell
    F Alyssa Holmes
    F Olivia Kilberg
    F Kristina Shanahan
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  2. #2
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Two new assistants in this year. Jess Koizumi and Josh Liegl.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  3. #3
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    http://uvmathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey

    Schedule is out. Very strong OOC that includes Clarkson in a home and home and Minnesota away; will probably also see UMD during the Windjammer Classic (they should beat Colgate right?)
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    http://uvmathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=whockey

    Schedule is out. Very strong OOC that includes Clarkson in a home and home and Minnesota away; will probably also see UMD during the Windjammer Classic (they should beat Colgate right?)
    Based on all the scoring UMD lost to graduation I think they have to be considered the underdog.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  5. #5
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Based on all the scoring UMD lost to graduation I think they have to be considered the underdog.
    Fair, did not realize how much they'd lost (and overlooked how good Colgate was last year with a lot of returning talent). OTOH, they seemed to have grabbed a few of UND's recruits post-folding, so who knows.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    494

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Fair, did not realize how much they'd lost (and overlooked how good Colgate was last year with a lot of returning talent). OTOH, they seemed to have grabbed a few of UND's recruits post-folding, so who knows.
    Nice jump last year by Vermont. Hopefully they can crack the top 10 this year. Not sure how graduation affected the team versus incoming recruits.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Nice jump last year by Vermont. Hopefully they can crack the top 10 this year. Not sure how graduation affected the team versus incoming recruits.
    Looks like Vermont kept a lot of their scoring from last year, and may be set up pretty good in the goaltending department.

    I'm looking forward to their trip to Minnesota in January!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,847

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    I'm looking forward to their trip to Minnesota in January!
    Short scouting report of the Catamounts here:
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...081017aaa.html
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  9. #9
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    No votes in the first poll. UVM this season will play #1, #3, #4, #5 (depending on how the Windjammer goes), #8, and #9....yeesh

    This schedule's going to test this team.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  10. #10
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Promotion schedule is out. Free scarves on Sunday!
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Agganis 115
    Posts
    374

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Short scouting report of the Catamounts here:
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...081017aaa.html
    Woah! I forgot we went winless against you guys last season (BU). Should be an interesting season for UVM. Is Litchfield still around?

  12. #12
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Woah! I forgot we went winless against you guys last season (BU). Should be an interesting season for UVM. Is Litchfield still around?
    Nope, graduated. We've got Black and Scobee returning, and a freshman in Natzke. I'd guess Black sees the bulk of the work early on, but Scobee could win the job, I know Madi thought very highly of her
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,320

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Short scouting report of the Catamounts here:
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...081017aaa.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Woah! I forgot we went winless against you guys last season (BU). Should be an interesting season for UVM. Is Litchfield still around?

    D2D Is a fan of Minnesota Gophers (unless he's gone horribly wrong and switched teams!) Us Gophers get to host Vermont this January.
    But Litchfield is gone, was a senior last year. Their 2 other goalies had pretty good stats last year as well however (Black .913/2.68 GAA, Scobee.918/2.14 GAA). And I believe Vermont returns a lot of their scoring from last year.

    Minnesota fared worse v BU last year than the Catamounts apparently which is one reason we're looking forward to Vermont's visit!

  14. #14
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    D2D Is a fan of Minnesota Gophers (unless he's gone horribly wrong and switched teams!) Us Gophers get to host Vermont this January.
    But Litchfield is gone, was a senior last year. Their 2 other goalies had pretty good stats last year as well however (Black .913/2.68 GAA, Scobee.918/2.14 GAA). And I believe Vermont returns a lot of their scoring from last year.

    Minnesota fared worse v BU last year than the Catamounts apparently which is one reason we're looking forward to Vermont's visit!
    Black was also the goalie that beat BU at the very start of the year last year and posted a .931 at a winless Union team in 2015/16 as a freshman
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Agganis 115
    Posts
    374

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Minnesota fared worse v BU last year than the Catamounts apparently which is one reason we're looking forward to Vermont's visit!
    Being at Ridder twice in recent years and losing, badly, the OT win over the Gophers at Walter Brown was one of the best hockey moments of my life!!!!!! (Probably THE best lol)

  16. #16
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhett Hot View Post
    Being at Ridder twice in recent years and losing, badly, the OT win over the Gophers at Walter Brown was one of the best hockey moments of my life!!!!!! (Probably THE best lol)
    I don't think anyone's going to forget Max Wolpoff's goal of Flynn's OT winner lol

    (He actually just got a job with the Blades!)
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  17. #17
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Game day!!
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  18. #18
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Fair play to Maude Trévisan, Montréal goalie made 47 saves today.

    Liked some of what I saw from the newbies. Flaherty fits the defense like a glove. Also some nice flashes from Kilberg, Holmes, and Shanahan.

    Lol @ Scobee only having to make one save. I wanted to see her play more because we didn't see a lot and her size gives us a unique look in goal. Maybe against McGill.

    Close with a few silly penalties, but freshman mistakes happen.

    Hopefully Menches is okay - that was not pretty

    Gotta bury some of those grade-A scoring chances - there were a lot of them!! But that's something that could come after the offseason rust has been shaken off.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    494

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Listened to the media day speech by Plummer. Why was there so much staff turnover? Just normal movement or something going on forcing change?

    Sounds like he is excited about the team and how competitive they will be. Looking forward to it.

  20. #20
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    379

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Listened to the media day speech by Plummer. Why was there so much staff turnover? Just normal movement or something going on forcing change?

    Sounds like he is excited about the team and how competitive they will be. Looking forward to it.
    Kelly Nash went to Princeton as an assistant, Ashley Salerno got the head job at Castleton, and hockey ops guy Greg Adrian moved to Minnesota. So I'd say moreso normal movement.

    Last preseason game today! Then things get serious on Sunday which is a huge conference game against a Providence team we'll be competing with for home ice this year (and that we also KO'd from last year's playoff).
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14
    Year of Graduation: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 19-17-3
    Women's: 7-15-3

    /r/collegehockey moderator

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •