Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 98

Thread: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

  1. #61
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    43

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    1.85 goals per game (conference) and 1.90 goals per game (overall) simply isn't going to win you many games. 12 of the 38 goals scored have been scored by D-men. Picard only has scored goals in 2 out of 20 games. Who is going to turn this around???

  2. #62
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    561

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by kool99 View Post
    1.85 goals per game (conference) and 1.90 goals per game (overall) simply isn't going to win you many games. 12 of the 38 goals scored have been scored by D-men. Picard only has scored goals in 2 out of 20 games. Who is going to turn this around???
    Maybe OOC games will boost the confidence and get them on a roll........???

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCat View Post
    Maybe OOC games will boost the confidence and get them on a roll........???
    Gotta love an eternal optimist!

  4. #64
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    What the bloody hell is going on
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  5. #65
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,194

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Hey, I'll give Vermont credit. They have capitalized on their chances and played well defensively.

  6. #66
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Hey, I'll give Vermont credit. They have capitalized on their chances and played well defensively.
    When they're on this team can play with anyone. I tend to be more optimistic than most, but even I didn't see this coming...
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  7. #67
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Gophers made it interesting...but that's a huge W.

    Congratulations to Coach Plumer...that's win #71 which lifts him into first all-time in UVM women's hockey history.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  8. #68
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,500

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Congratulations to the Catamounts; they battled hard. Minnesota? I think they tried to try hard.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,404

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I think they tried to try hard.
    As opposed to "they tried too hard"?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  10. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Congratulations to the Catamounts; they battled hard. Minnesota? I think they tried to try hard.
    For Minnesota, I thought you were going to say they hardly battled. The previous line was the perfect setup for that.

  11. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Congratulations to the Catamounts; they battled hard. Minnesota? I think they tried to try hard.
    Minny has a goaltending problem.

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Gophers made it interesting...but that's a huge W.

    Congratulations to Coach Plumer...that's win #71 which lifts him into first all-time in UVM women's hockey history.
    Not bad, only took him 8 seasons? In the U19 recruiting scene, Plummer is considered a joke.

  13. #73
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Call It View Post
    Not bad, only took him 8 seasons? In the U19 recruiting scene, Plummer is considered a joke.
    And why is that? Or is this a sour grapes post for whatever reasons you may have (your intentional misspelling of his name suggests personal reasons)? I'm very interested to read your reasons. And if it is true, I have to believe he's not the only coach in that same boat.
    Last edited by shelfit; 01-13-2018 at 08:47 AM.

  14. #74
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Gophers made it interesting...but that's a huge W.

    Congratulations to Coach Plumer...that's win #71 which lifts him into first all-time in UVM women's hockey history.
    Your team are pretty good shooters..they scored on their 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th shots! When they didn't score on their 10th, I thought maybe we might be able to pull it out

    Congrats, the Catamounts played a great game!

  15. #75
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Call It View Post
    Not bad, only took him 8 seasons? In the U19 recruiting scene, Plummer is considered a joke.
    It took Plumer five and a half. It took Miller 10. And the program was in shambles when Plumer took over. Bothwell won double digit games ONCE in his six seasons and Miller did it twice in eight D1 years. Plumer's already got both of them beat. And UVM usually schedules tough. In OOC this year we played Clarkson, Minnesota, and a road set with Quinnipiac who is very good on home ice. And last year the team was just a double OT goal away from the Hockey East final and given that they didn't lose to Northeastern in the regular season they could've taken them in the final.

    He's not a perfect coach - no one is - but it is undeniable that the program is going in the right direction.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  16. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    711

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    It took Plumer five and a half. It took Miller 10. And the program was in shambles when Plumer took over. Bothwell won double digit games ONCE in his six seasons and Miller did it twice in eight D1 years. Plumer's already got both of them beat. And UVM usually schedules tough. In OOC this year we played Clarkson, Minnesota, and a road set with Quinnipiac who is very good on home ice. And last year the team was just a double OT goal away from the Hockey East final and given that they didn't lose to Northeastern in the regular season they could've taken them in the final.

    He's not a perfect coach - no one is - but it is undeniable that the program is going in the right direction.
    Call It seems to be a complete and total idiot, I wouldn't worry too much about anything he says.

  17. #77
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Vermont went down tough. 1-1 after two periods, and the Gophers played way better today. Couldn't bust through the Catamounts defense and Scobee despite a bunch of good chances. I thought Vermont played well again today.

    There was over 2100 people at the game today and a really good atmosphere. They kicked the Gophers butts yesterday, played a good game with a fun crowd today. Despite the dam breaking in the third period I hope they enjoyed their trip to Minnesota! We'll see you in Burlington next year

  18. #78
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Vermont went down tough. 1-1 after two periods, and the Gophers played way better today. Couldn't bust through the Catamounts defense and Scobee despite a bunch of good chances. I thought Vermont played well again today.

    There was over 2100 people at the game today and a really good atmosphere. They kicked the Gophers butts yesterday, played a good game with a fun crowd today. Despite the dam breaking in the third period I hope they enjoyed their trip to Minnesota! We'll see you in Burlington next year
    Looking forward to it. This team can compete with anyone, I think they just got a bit tired toward the end. Lots of respect for the Gopher program.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  19. #79
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    24

    Re: Vermont Women's Hockey 2017-18

    Almost another Vermont Friday night special.

  20. #80
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by EPIC97 View Post
    Almost another Vermont Friday night special.
    This team has a ton of heart and fight. Good to play a close game at Conte, it's been a house of horrors for us in recent years.

    Maybe we get a Saturday afternoon stunner. But the confidence this team lacked before the break is back.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •