Re: U of Illinois AD & NHL joint press conference

LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comment

https://***********/inch/status/992075169865895936?s=21
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

LOL!

My god that is funny
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/08/ill...e-end-of-2018/

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Pie crust promise - easily made, easily broken.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Still, it’s more than nothing

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Still, it’s more than nothing
                Or, money for nothing?
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  I think it is great for expansion of NCAA hockey.

Comment

Can easily field a competitive team in 4 years like Penn State.

Comment

Still a lot of opposition, interesting to say the least as this progress.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Less competition in hockey. Maybe?
                        Big backers from Urbana. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Can easily field a competitive team in 4 years like Penn State.
                          Given in-state interest level for this project has been high for at least a couple years now, I think it will happen and possibly in half that time. We need another team in B1G, so this is good news.

A comprehensive feasibility study was completed in March this year by the University of Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA), which was a joint venture commissioned by the NHL, NHLPA and College Hockey, Inc.

The study indicated a program at UI could happen “in a relatively short time frame and would become financially viable and competitive on a conference and national level.” AD Whitman said a hockey program would take two to three years to get off the ground.

"The strong consensus of everyone involved in college hockey is that NCAA men's hockey will flourish at the University of Illinois," said Mike Snee, executive director of College Hockey, Inc. "From the number of native Illinois players currently playing college hockey to the continued growth of youth hockey players in the state, there are many reasons to be confident that the Fighting Illini could quickly become a top national program and sustain it every year. We are very appreciative of the University administration's willingness to consider bringing NCAA hockey to Champaign."
                          With the Blackhawks success in recent years, youth hockey has really taken off in Illinois. The study indicated it has the sixth highest youth hockey participation in the nation, a 300% inc. since 1993. There are a lot of good hockey players coming out of Illinois. The state produces the fourth most D1 hockey players. So the recruiting possibilities are already there. The study also highlighted for Title IX issues that women hockey players from Illinois also inc. 192% since 2004. So recruiting for a women's hockey program is there as well.

Illini AD said it would take 50M+ to pull it off with an annual operating budget of about $1.5-2M. Although an ambitious financial goal for UI, the fund raising potential seems to be escalating.

Apparently, the AD has met with Hawks president John McDonough several times and he's very supportive and ready to back it.

"The interest level (in hockey in the state) is at an all-time high," McDonough said. "It's a mercurial pace we're going at right now. The opportunity is there. The timing is right...if we were approached, we would encourage and embrace it..."

Comment

Really, Illinois and most of the other Power-5 schools could fund hockey in a heartbeat if they wanted to tap into football profits instead of plowing them into outrageous coaches salaries for bloated coaching staffs, and platinum-plated "football only" dorms and training facilities. Just my .02.
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Depends on the Power 5 school you're talking about. Illinois is a logical place for hockey. Pretty sure Billy Bob down in Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee isn't pining for a hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Depends on the Power 5 school you're talking about. Illinois is a logical place for hockey. Pretty sure Billy Bob down in Tuscaloosa or Tallahassee isn't pining for a hockey program.
                                Now, some of the PAC 12 schools, on the other hand…

Comment

Working...
                                X