Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U of Illinois AD & NHL joint press conference

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
    CHN is reporting the NHL is paying for five schools to have feasibility studies done to start Division 1 programs. Illinois is one of those schools.
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...Bring-More.php
    Odd they did not mention the other universities. Funny the claim of a good club team means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
      CHN is reporting the NHL is paying for five schools to have feasibility studies done to start Division 1 programs....
      So just what is/are the unknown(s) that apparently must be studied in great detail, beyond how to come up with enough $$$$ to endow a program, build a venue, and buy your way out of Title IX?
      Last edited by Split-N; 06-23-2017, 01:46 PM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Anybody remember the University of Illinois - Chicago (UIC) Flames?
          I went often when I lived in Milwaukee.
          It would be great if the University of Illinois
          was in a position to have a D1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
            Football is bad, bball is mediocre at best, and you expect the AD to start up a hockey program?
            Less competition in hockey. Maybe?
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              If you think you're going to get an announcement about Illinois and/or Northwestern joining the B1G, don't hold your breath. Startup costs and Title IX still loom as formidable obstacles, and not necessarily in that order. (Home I'm wrong.)
              Is this directed at me or just the forum as a whole?
              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                Is this directed at me or just the forum as a whole?
                The collective "you." Not you personally. And BTW, the bottom line emanating from the so-called big announcement was, without using the exact words, money and Title IX.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

The collective "you." Not you personally. And BTW, the bottom line emanating from the so-called big announcement was, without using the exact words, money and Title IX.
                  Lack of money and problems caused by current rules.......the death of many good ideas.
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I don't believe anybody is under the illusion with this announcement. Most of us take it with a grain of salt.
                    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Subscribed
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Curious to see who else is involved. Other B1G schools? MAC schools? Pac12 schools?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          Curious to see who else is involved. Other B1G schools? MAC schools? Pac12 schools?
                          Who's got the $$$??? P5 schools most likely. Pac-12 would be interesting. Would give ASU some company.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
                            Who's got the $$$??? P5 schools most likely. Pac-12 would be interesting. Would give ASU some company.
                            My money is on UNLV, youth hockey is exploding, season tickets are sold out for the Golden Knights, air conditioning lol.
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              MAC schools don't have a pot to **** in. Every one of them is already taking millions of dollars per year to subsidize money losing athletic departments. Unless the NHL is going to pull a Pegula and fully fund the program at a MAC school, it's not going to happen.

Same deal with UNLV. That's one of the most money losing ADs in the country. Where are they going to come up with the money to fund men's and women's hockey?
                              Last edited by Sterling Cooper; 06-27-2017, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                                My money is on UNLV, youth hockey is exploding, season tickets are sold out for the Golden Knights, air conditioning lol.
                                Sorry but youth hockey and pro hockey have little relevance to expanding college hockey. If anything look around Chicago and nearby more.

Comment

Working...
                                X