Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You mean this quote?

"mere factual innocence is no reason not to carry out a death sentence properly reached."

Yes Scalia believes that just because new evidence comes around that may prove innocence that doesnt mean you should have a right to present said evidence and be freed. (Thomas agrees) Scalia apparently never heard the old adage about letting 100 guilty men go free instead of letting one innocent man go to prison.

Further proof btw that Scalia was scum.
    And people look up to that guy? Yeesh.

The boyfriend always seemed a little suspicious, as did the two relatives whose alibi shouldn't have been an alibi at all as it occurred approximately an hour after they said it did.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Re: Making a Murderer updates

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
      The boyfriend always seemed a little suspicious, as did the two relatives whose alibi shouldn't have been an alibi at all as it occurred approximately an hour after they said it did.
      Their alibi was basically each other.

Comment

7th Circuit Ruling on Dassey.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Travesty. It will be kicked over to scotus now.

While his coerced confession ****ed both himself and Avery in the court of public opinion I truly feel Zellner will get Avery out if not by the new evidence and affidavits then by the 3-4 Brady violations Kratz committed. How the hell they could justify Dassey's continued incarceration after that will be very interesting.

But this will take at least two more years to play out. Zellner will have to wait for federal courts to address the Brady violations as I don't believe the appeals court will be sympathetic. All of WI DOJ etc have circled the wagons.
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

While his coerced confession ****ed both himself and Avery in the court of public opinion I truly feel Zellner will get Avery out if not by the new evidence and affidavits then by the 3-4 Brady violations Kratz committed. How the hell they could justify Dassey's continued incarceration after that will be very interesting.

But this will take at least two more years to play out. Zellner will have to wait for federal courts to address the Brady violations as I don't believe the appeals court will be sympathetic. All of WI DOJ etc have circled the wagons.
            Ugh.

State attorneys asked the full 7th Circuit to review the case, arguing the ruling called long-accepted police interrogation tactics into question.
            "My God, don't you realize how many people we railroad with coerced confessions? Won't someone think of the police?!"
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I would say that there is maybe a 1% chance SCOTUS does the right thing.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                I would say that there is maybe a 1% chance SCOTUS does the right thing.
                If they even take the case. you're most likely right. I don't have a good feeling re Brendan's case.

I have higher hopes Avery will win at the federal level based on Kratz withholding or destroying exculpatory evidence (zipperer answering machine message from th), unedited ASY flyover video etc. Brady violations are serious enough to overturn this case with just one, Zellner has found 4.

This may be why Kratz is petitioning Netflix not to release mam2

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

TTM is reporting Teresa Halbach phone records show receipt of a call or voicemail on November 1, 2005 from a convicted murderer who was out of prison. Initials AQ. Served time with Avery.

He's screen shotting police reports proving Kratz and calumet were aware of the call/message but did not disclose to Strang/Buting.

Ever stranger, TH's mom calls calumet evidently that same day at 2:52 and the report says "death"...

What the h happened up there???

I hope Zellner is all over this lead

Comment

Even by Bumphuk, WI standards this is a collosal screw up.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

TTM is reporting Teresa Halbach phone records show receipt of a call or voicemail on November 1, 2005 from a convicted murderer who was out of prison. Initials AQ. Served time with Avery.

He's screen shotting police reports proving Kratz and calumet were aware of the call/message but did not disclose to Strang/Buting.

Ever stranger, TH's mom calls calumet evidently that same day at 2:52 and the report says "death"...

What the h happened up there???

I hope Zellner is all over this lead
                      It just keeps looking worse and worse for the county/police/DA. Wow.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        It just keeps looking worse and worse for the county/police/DA. Wow.
                        They did a really ****ty job of covering this up. My gut still thinks he did it, but I don't know how you keep him in jail at this point...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                          They did a really ****ty job of covering this up. My gut still thinks he did it, but I don't know how you keep him in jail at this point...
                          I used to think that too, but with the new information, I'm not so sure. There is supposedly now evidence that Halbach left the Avery residence, via cell phone pings, and witness testimony that they saw her car leave. And supposedly there's also evidence that her car was somewhere other than the Avery Lot 2 days before it was found, and after she was killed.

Also read that her ex boyfriend's brother in law was a sheriff's deputy for that county at the time, and helped cover it up. I think it was the ex boyfriend.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I always thought it was the ex...that dude stank of guilt.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

bump
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...may/567522002/

State of Wisconsin admits in their brief scotus could decide tactics used on Dassey were coercive and rule as such for future cases but too bad so sad Brendan. Hmmmm

Also, Kathleen Zellner’s amended brief lands on Monday. Word from ticktockmanitowoc is she is now in possession of the cd recording of Halbach’s voicemail to Zipperer’s. This vm was left allegedly after she left Avery’s property. Strang and Buting had no idea this cd existed because Kratz withheld it, a Brady violation and one of four apparently.

Also, Zellner has been working with the AG as she’s done in prior cases...since she’s 20-0 now I hope brad schimel realizes the position the state is in and makes concessions.

It’s unreal Zellner hasn’t been given access to the rav4.

Comment

Working...
                                X