RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    Obviously the games against UConn last weekend didn't directly affect the ECAC standings, but they caused us to take a pretty big hit in KRACH. We're still projected to land in 9th, but our expected points dropped by like 1.4 points, leading to a sizeable gap between us and Dartmouth.

sadtrombone.waⅴ.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 38.95 (0.3170)

MCTs (Mean/Median/Mode/Range):
    Points - 15.25 / 15 / 15 / 3 - 34
    Rank - 9.03 / 9 / 9 / 2 - 12
    Playoffs - 26.6%
    Most likely opponent - at Colgate (10.6%)

Conference Rankings:
    1. Colgate
    2. Clarkson
    3. Cornell
    4. SLU
      —————
    5. Harvard
    6. Quinnipiac
    7. Princeton
    8. Dartmouth
      —————
      —————
    9. RPI
    10. Union
    11. Yale
    12. Brown
    Agree UCONN games didn't matter regarding points and the team KRACH frankly doesn't matter.

The team getting better, and making it into the ECAC playoffs is what matters.

Comment

• Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Agree UCONN games didn't matter regarding points and the team KRACH frankly doesn't matter.

The team getting better, and making it into the ECAC playoffs is what matters.
      Yes, obviously the only thing that actually matters is ECAC points, but when I'm trying to simulate out the remaining ECAC schedule, KRACH is quite essential. I wasn't remarking on your statement when I posted my weekly thing.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Yes, obviously the only thing that actually matters is ECAC points, but when I'm trying to simulate out the remaining ECAC schedule, KRACH is quite essential. I wasn't remarking on your statement when I posted my weekly thing.
        Oh I didn't think you were and it's fine if you do. Didn't look into it deeply to know you were using KRACH to make those predictions.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today's game on ESPN3, although they say we're Rochester Polytechnic Institute.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I've seen the SWE have RPI listed as WPI.

Was a close game, RPI should have tied it. If you listened to the homers announcing you would have thought it was a blow out.

Comment

An hugely important bounce back week, as we were able to take a couple points on the road against teams that will almost definitely sit atop us in the final standings. If you take a look at the current standings, there's a massive pileup just a point ahead of us in second place, so if you so choose, you can think that we're right in the thick of it. In fact, the expected standings have us right up in 7th, leading the "best of the rest". We won't really get to see how that holds up for a bit as we don't play any more league games until December.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 54.53 (0.3787)

Points - 18.55 / 19 / 19 / 5 - 35
                  Rank - 7.52 / 7 / 7 / 1 - 12
                  Playoffs - 80.0%
                  Most likely opponent - at Colgate (26.6%)

Conference Rankings:
                  1. Colgate
                  2. Clarkson
                  3. Cornell
                  4. SLU
                    —————
                  5. Quinnipiac
                  6. Harvard
                  7. RPI
                  8. Princeton
                    —————
                    —————
                  9. Yale
                  10. Union
                  11. Dartmouth
                  12. Brown
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    The ability to spell Rensselaer was likely beyond the abilities of the good folks at ESPN, but they should have at least made the effort.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

An hugely important bounce back week, as we were able to take a couple points on the road against teams that will almost definitely sit atop us in the final standings. If you take a look at the current standings, there's a massive pileup just a point ahead of us in second place, so if you so choose, you can think that we're right in the thick of it. In fact, the expected standings have us right up in 7th, leading the "best of the rest". We won't really get to see how that holds up for a bit as we don't play any more league games until December.

RPI KRACH (RRWP): 54.53 (0.3787)

Points - 18.55 / 19 / 19 / 5 - 35
                      Rank - 7.52 / 7 / 7 / 1 - 12
                      Playoffs - 80.0%
                      Most likely opponent - at Colgate (26.6%)

Conference Rankings:
                      1. Colgate
                      2. Clarkson
                      3. Cornell
                      4. SLU
                        —————
                      5. Quinnipiac
                      6. Harvard
                      7. RPI
                      8. Princeton
                        —————
                        —————
                      9. Yale
                      10. Union
                      11. Dartmouth
                      12. Brown
                      They really should have tied Q at the least.

Comment

They really should have tied Q at the least.
                        Unfortunately the only game I've actually been able to watch this season was the win over Brown, where we looked pretty good, but again, it was Brown. From box scores, the Quinnipiac game at least looked closer to even than the Princeton game. I don't know how accurate the shot count was, but the idea that Selander stole a game for us on Friday is by no means shocking. We just have to keep the ball rolling in the right direction and pick up points everywhere we can.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Unfortunately the only game I've actually been able to watch this season was the win over Brown, where we looked pretty good, but again, it was Brown. From box scores, the Quinnipiac game at least looked closer to even than the Princeton game. I don't know how accurate the shot count was, but the idea that Selander stole a game for us on Friday is by no means shocking. We just have to keep the ball rolling in the right direction and pick up points everywhere we can.
                          Forget the shot count, Selander didn't steal the game, RPI for the most part dominated. It was 2-0 till well into the 3rd.

Comment

Forget the shot count, Selander didn't steal the game, RPI for the most part dominated. It was 2-0 till well into the 3rd.
                            Do you deny that we could be leading 2-0 for a large portion of the game and still be getting outplayed? Especially when we have a goaltender as talented as we do?
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Do you deny that we could be leading 2-0 for a large portion of the game and still be getting outplayed? Especially when we have a goaltender as talented as we do?
                              Did you watch the game? I did RPI was NOT being outplayed. How you get your comments based on what was said is more than a disappointment. You really missed the boat.

Comment

It may be possible, having seen it for myself on another occasion.

When it comes to the Quinnipiac game (the one I actually saw part of hence my lack of comment specifically on the Princeton game), it was definitely a good close one. Too bad we were on the short end, but if we remain as competitive as we did, we should be just fine this year. Was a little disappointed to see a point left on the table vs. Yale, not to mention the surprising turnaround of the travel partner , but the 2 points vs. Princeton will definitely help quite a bit, since they're usually competitive in the standings, and getting into the playoffs is usually a dogfight.

Comment

Working...
                                X