Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Engineers 2017-2018

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
    You say "interim" like that's a good thing. Great Burke finished bringing the program to DI which would have happened no matter who was at the helm. The record otherwise speaks for itself, and that similar record got SA canned.

Would you be OK with an "interim" coach title for the men's team? How much would it cost to do a national search? Don't need to hire a firm, do it in house.

Again Vines may be great and my guess he will be HC as there are other connections; long as he doesn't really screw something up. It screams at the edges of Title IX
    Would I be ok with it? Well, that depends on the circumstances. Given the fact (don't take into consideration how the firing happened, just look at the fact that it DID happen) that there is only a couple of months before the season starts, yes, I'm ok with it, and would be if something similar happened with the men's program. Why? Well, good question. Having the "interim" label at least gives the program some sort of continuity. It IS a bit easier to call recruits who are in danger of leaving and saying "Hi, I'm (insert name), the new coach of (program.) I am taking over the team on an interim basis, and hopefully, you and I can help right the ship and take this program to bigger heights than ever before," rather than "Hi, I'm (insert name), the (position) at (program). We are in the process of hiring a new coach, and, while we don't yet know who that will be, we hope that you will stick with us while we attempt to the right the ship."

Now, I don't know about you, but option 1 sounds much more appealing to someone coming in. Happens all of the time in other revenue-producing sports. Why does that happen if its so bad to have the interim title?

On a side note, Alot of fans here who don't normally care or follow RPI women's hockey are now talking about it, which is a good thing. So either they are now interested or just taking another opportunity to rag on the RPI leadership. So, now let me ask you this: If you are someone who normally doesn't care about the women's hockey program, what makes you any different than the administration?
    Last edited by jericho; 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

I might as well chime in. I'm a little more like DrD was with the men when it comes to the women, where I used to follow the women's program, but sort of dropped out of favor from disappointment with how the team's doing. I'd like to see our women do well, but will be a bit more "fair weather", at least compared to my support for the men's team. I'm excited to see a change for the women, a little concerned we're bringing over what we had from the men, but it's now Vines at the helm, so I cannot pass any of Appert's sins onto him. The ladies have exactly the same opportunity as the men, and I look forward to giving the same support to both teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Would I be ok with it? Well, that depends on the circumstances. Given the fact (don't take into consideration how the firing happened, just look at the fact that it DID happen) that there is only a couple of months before the season starts, yes, I'm ok with it, and would be if something similar happened with the men's program. Why? Well, good question. Having the "interim" label at least gives the program some sort of continuity. It IS a bit easier to call recruits who are in danger of leaving and saying "Hi, I'm (insert name), the new coach of (program.) I am taking over the team on an interim basis, and hopefully, you and I can help right the ship and take this program to bigger heights than ever before," rather than "Hi, I'm (insert name), the (position) at (program). We are in the process of hiring a new coach, and, while we don't yet know who that will be, we hope that you will stick with us while we attempt to the right the ship."

Now, I don't know about you, but option 1 sounds much more appealing to someone coming in. Happens all of the time in other revenue-producing sports. Why does that happen if its so bad to have the interim title?

On a side note, Alot of fans here who don't normally care or follow RPI women's hockey are now talking about it, which is a good thing. So either they are now interested or just taking another opportunity to rag on the RPI leadership. So, now let me ask you this: If you are someone who normally doesn't care about the women's hockey program, what makes you any different than the administration?
        I do not find option one appealing, as in I may or may not be here. Much better to have someone that you KNOW is solid. There is rarely and interim in revenue sports. usually a mess when there is, Ed Orgeron

They are talking about it because the situation has been handled poorly. Care about the woman's program and see the administration as handling it VERY poorly is my view and reason for comments.

Again Vines may be great and hope that he is. There is talent on that team but not been used properly in my opinion.

Comment

The full video: http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...tomlinson.aspx
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 06-29-2017, 04:20 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

More coaching changes, good luck Jake, you'll be closer.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                  Assuming this revelation is correct, we see the downside of the interim head coach label. Can you even hire an "interim assistant?"

Comment

Where did Jake go?

Comment

Ohio? Seems like the Buckeyes have not been able to find a suitable replacement for Jess Koizumi. Cutting it close like they did last year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                        Where did Jake go?
                        I believe it is Merrimack

Comment

I believe it is Merrimack
                          How could that be since MC just posted their opening a few days ago?!

Comment

Two RPI recruits are currently at the Select U18 camp; Julie Blitz (Team Gold) & Mary Jane Alexander (Team Green)..... http://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_ar...rrer_id=695820
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

MJA finished with 5-0-2-2-0. http://teamusa.usahockey.com/tournam...05e0668a000049
                              JB finished with 5-0-0-0-2. http://teamusa.usahockey.com/tournam...05e0668a000073
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 07-21-2017, 07:53 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mc
                                Originally posted by rightnut View Post
                                where did jake go?

Comment

Working...
                                X